Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hi,
back then when I created story mods for my friends, I were used to have 2 Editors open at the same time. One for editing my level and one to view e.g. Cyseal to get some inspiration.

Sadly when I trie to open a second Editor now in DOS 2, an error messages pops up telling me "Cant run 2 editor instances at the same time".

Is there any way to get around that?

Thanks for any help!

T
addict
addict
T
No, there's not. It was disabled because there's danger of data corruption if two editor instances run at the same time.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Thanks for your answer.

Thats pretty sad news in my opinion.
I think everybody knows that loading a mod 2 times may cause some data corruption.
But why should we do that in the first hand?
The one thing I dont understand is we cant run 2 editor isntances at once but we can run an editor aside a normal dos 2 game, once we click the OK button in the warning messagebox.

So why not just add this warning messagebox to the editor once we try to open a second one?

T
addict
addict
T
Running the editor and game at the same time only causes corruption in case you are working on GM campaigns. Running two editors at the same time can supposedly cause corruption in many more cases.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Okay, so there is no way to view 2 levels at once other than throwing everything inside a virtual machine & profit? :hihi:

T
addict
addict
T
I'm afraid so...

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Well I´ve found a better solution. I´ve opened a second editor using the program "Sandboxie". Both editors are working perfectly fine.

Screenshot: http://ibb.co/cqqvw5

For anybody doing the same:
This method is not tested! So please dont call me out if e.g. your level explodes hehe

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard