#612851 16/09/17 10:54 PM
K
Kimerus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hello all,
Is there an option to activate Fog of War for my players in game master mode or Divinity Engine?

Kimerus #613285 17/09/17 11:33 AM
K
Kimerus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I found an older discussion where Larian said that there is an option to activate fog of war in the editor. Someone could tell me where that option is?

Kimerus #613319 17/09/17 12:17 PM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
For some reason mine has fog of war enabled by default when I create a new empty map.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
Kimerus #613322 17/09/17 12:19 PM
old hand
old hand
I believe it is under the LevelData for the level. So top menu->Level->Edit Level Data->Hide Shroud. You can set that to true.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Windemere #614596 18/09/17 01:21 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
[quote=Windemere]I believe it is under the LevelData for the level. So top menu->Level->Edit Level Data->Hide Shroud. You can set that to true.[/quote]

This doesn't have any effect on my level that I can see. I also brought the level into GM mode as well and there is no fog of war.

spec24 #614929 18/09/17 07:06 PM
K
Kimerus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
It worked for me. But just for players who come into lobby, not for me as gm or character I possess.

Kimerus #615529 19/09/17 08:37 AM
addict
addict
Hey Kimerus,

The game master him-/herself never has a fog of war. We wouldn't want him/her to be in the dark smile

Best way to make sure your settings work are by checking it in game mode in the Engine (switch between game and editor mode with ctrl + enter or the gamepad icon left top). If something works there, it should work in-game as well smile

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 19/09/17 08:38 AM.

CTRL+K the elf
Larian_KVN #615660 19/09/17 11:15 AM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
[quote=Larian_KVN]Hey Kimerus,

The game master him-/herself never has a fog of war. We wouldn't want him/her to be in the dark :)

Best way to make sure your settings work are by checking it in game mode in the Engine (switch between game and editor mode with ctrl + enter or the gamepad icon left top). If something works there, it should work in-game as well :)[/quote]

Ok, it seems like there is fog of war, but it's not actually on any part of my level, it is strictly on the outskirts. I am working on a 128x128 map and all the areas of the map where I have put stuff there is no fog of war (when I switch to game mode) . Is there something I need to do to those items (walls, etc) to make them included in the fog of war?

Kimerus #615691 19/09/17 11:48 AM
addict
addict
Sorry spec24 I misunderstood partially,

the actual blackness throughout the game level is only available in game. Both as GM and in editor (both editor and game mode) that fog is disabled.

As a player in-game it should be fine though, as long as it is enabled in the Level Data as mentioned earlier. Were you able to test that already?

CTRL+K the elf
Kimerus #615750 19/09/17 12:33 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
[quote=Larian_KVN]Sorry spec24 I misunderstood partially,

the actual blackness throughout the game level is only available in game. Both as GM and in editor (both editor and game mode) that fog is disabled.

As a player in-game it should be fine though, as long as it is enabled in the Level Data as mentioned earlier. Were you able to test that already?[/quote]

Ok, in the editor, if I reload my level and hit the "switch game/editor" button I get fog of war (though it's a really large radius... any way to reduce that?). So I saved the level and prepared a new campaign in GM mode, adding the newly saved level. I then started up a client version running on the same computer to test the level. No luck. Fog of war is non-existent on the client side. I closed both programs and opened the level back up in the editor. Fog of war appears with the "switch game/editor" button as expected :(

Kimerus #617446 20/09/17 11:35 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Has anyone else gotten it to work in GM mode?

spec24 #617557 21/09/17 02:05 AM
K
Kimerus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by spec24
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN

As a player in-game it should be fine though, as long as it is enabled in the Level Data as mentioned earlier. Were you able to test that already?

Ok, in the editor, if I reload my level and hit the "switch game/editor" button I get fog of war (though it's a really large radius... any way to reduce that?). So I saved the level and prepared a new campaign in GM mode, adding the newly saved level. I then started up a client version running on the same computer to test the level. No luck. Fog of war is non-existent on the client side. I closed both programs and opened the level back up in the editor. Fog of war appears with the "switch game/editor" button as expected frown

I have the same problem. Same thing with camera. I used camera lock and region trigger to lock camera movements. As a GM this works, but my players can move the camera all over the map, even outside cameralock and region trigger limit.

Kimerus #617969 21/09/17 12:47 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Kimerus
Originally Posted by spec24
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN

Ok, in the editor, if I reload my level and hit the "switch game/editor" button I get fog of war (though it's a really large radius... any way to reduce that?). So I saved the level and prepared a new campaign in GM mode, adding the newly saved level. I then started up a client version running on the same computer to test the level. No luck. Fog of war is non-existent on the client side. I closed both programs and opened the level back up in the editor. Fog of war appears with the "switch game/editor" button as expected frown

I have the same problem. Same thing with camera. I used camera lock and region trigger to lock camera movements. As a GM this works, but my players can move the camera all over the map, even outside cameralock and region trigger limit.

Yeah... the more I get into it, the less the GM mode seems ready for release. I hear there's a patch incoming.. let's hope it addresses some of these major issues.

Kimerus #618520 21/09/17 11:03 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Any chance that someone from Larian could let us know if this is a bug, or if we are doing something wrong, or what? Would really like to use Fog of War, but right now it appears to be useless in GMM.

Kimerus #618799 22/09/17 07:22 AM
Hi spec24,

Make sure your region & camera lock triggers encompass the entire area, from below the lowest point on your terrain(/walkable area). I believe the region trigger also has a fog of war setting.

Larian_JB #619334 22/09/17 08:00 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Larian_JB
Hi spec24,

Make sure your region & camera lock triggers encompass the entire area, from below the lowest point on your terrain(/walkable area). I believe the region trigger also has a fog of war setting.

Ah! Ok - so some important information missing in the previous posts. Just turning on Hide Shroud in Edit Level Data is not enough - though it seems like it when you're developing the map. You also have to put in a region trigger! Got it. Will give it a try now. Thank you!!!

Kimerus #619379 22/09/17 09:06 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Added a region. Looks like all necessary things are on. Still no fog of war frown

Kimerus #619854 23/09/17 03:19 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Please! Does anyone know why this isn't working/how to get it to work? The client computers have no fog of war whatsoever.

Kimerus #620347 24/09/17 07:50 AM
F
stranger
stranger
F
>>>>>>bump

Kimerus #620426 24/09/17 11:07 AM
F
stranger
stranger
F
Okay so i just found out how to make it work