Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Hey.

So it's best to do this on a un-corrupted save file then? Or can I use a corrupted one?

Voice

B
stranger
stranger
B
After contacting support I was told to post my save file here via dropbox or google drive, so here it is for any support that need it. Or simply anyone who is interested in finding the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/36mt0qv0fo14pja/Fort%20Joy%20-%204h47m.zip?dl=0

D
stranger
stranger
D
Uploading saves here to hopefully help. Having the same issue.
Fort Joy - 5h54m Loads fine, loads decently fast and can reload this save while in game with no problems.
The other 3 take longer to load and cannot be loaded into while already in game or the game will crash to desktop at around 70% loading of the save.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4qzHY5HQPKoYUQwTEN4X1VhWHc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Deathmaw; 17/09/17 01:59 AM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
I did quite a bit of testing and uploaded a set of save files as well. I posted a new thread about it with my findings - not a fix or anything, just results of my testing.

Posting in this thread as well just for visibility.
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=612877#Post612877

H
stranger
stranger
H
Update: I did it with a 6mb uncorrupted savefile again and it seems to work. No freeze, lag or crash, everything runs fine (but i dont know how long.) I messed up the convertation in my first post. I wrote "Temporary" above the line with "CHILLED" instead of "WET".
Thank you!

EDIT:

NVM its rip again. Doesn't matter where you are or if yoursavefile is 6mb

Last edited by HoppStyle; 17/09/17 12:14 PM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1j8cs9iMeC_N1ZPdHJmSmlXLTQ?usp=sharing

Heavy corrupted.
~4min loading time
long savetimes
CTD if loading ingame
CTD if you trade with Jahan x:292/Y:286
CTD if you trade with dwarf worker X:468/Y:212

and so on and so on. Cant even go into the basement of the house and loot the all barrels...

Hope they can find the problem with all the uploaded savegames so far.
We used Quicksave VERY ofthen .)

T
stranger
stranger
T
Played more than one hour without saving and rushed to the end of fort joy and after the battle ended the act.
The bug seems to happens only in Fort Joy and on act 2 I'm playing just fine. The error is Fort Joy.

D
D
Currently ruined any progress for my current play-through. Need a hotfix badly for this.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I still get the 10 sec lagg spikes when i got inside Fort Joy but I'm trying to rush through that to go to next act. What i have learned from doing this is that it is directly the save file for your game and specifically the levechace, if this helps the devs or if someone could forward that to them i think that might help. If any of my instructions were not clear just let me know and ill try and make a visual aid of the process. Sadly i think doing this will forever cause that tamper popup that i don't know how to disable.

D
stranger
stranger
D
This is happening to me and only started in Driftwood. The save file is exponentially increasing in size as you progress. The more saves, the larger the file size. I hope for a fix very soon as it is almost unplayable.

Samuel Zuback
apprentice
apprentice
In case any of you missed this,

Dayan on page 5 of this thread figured out a work around. I haven't had to use it yet..but nice job! Hopefully I don't encounter the error again today.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Same in my case, the save files started to grow in size in Driftwood, had no issues at Fort whatsoever. It's not about the location but the saves themselves and some sort of memory leak.
It gets only worse, to the point that it keeps trying to save the game while you can't quit or load another one.

A
stranger
stranger
A
[quote=ekidhardt]In case any of you missed this,

Dayan on page 5 of this thread figured out a work around. I haven't had to use it yet..but nice job! Hopefully I don't encounter the error again today. [/quote]

That person also said, "Sadly i think doing this will forever cause that tamper popup that i don't know how to disable."

While I appreciate the effort, I'm not trying to jump through all kinds of shady workaround hoops that may or may not have unintended or worse consequences later, just to play this game. I'd rather just wait for a patch. I wish they'd give us an update.

M
stranger
stranger
M
One thing I've noticed that might be related is that every save and everytime I open the map, it says "Fort Joy", even though I'm nowhere near there anymore (though I am still on the island).

I
stranger
stranger
I
I have corrupted saves files even in act 2. It started in Wrecker's cave about 10 hours into the Act 2. Game crash everytime i try load last saves. First load after starting the game works.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Hey.

So woke up this morning after getting fed up with this issue last night and hoping that they're would be a hot fix or patch to fix this problem. But, nope.

It would have been nice to have a comment from Larian regarding this game breaking bug. (Might not be a game breaking bug. But, it can be since it takes 4 mins to load up and then your scared if you need to reload.) You know to tell us your looking into it and hope to have it fixed soon. I'm pretty astonished that there has been no comment and a bit disappointed.

All I want to do is play your god damn brilliant game but I can't because somehow it's broke. Right now there is no point in playing the game which is sad really.

Voice

Last edited by VoiceGS; 17/09/17 09:26 AM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
It's a Sunday unfortunately, the key people at Larian who could potentially solve this issue have probably taken the weekend after the launch off.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Hey.

Which sucks but understandable. I go back to work on Tuesday and all I wanted to do was enjoy my weekend and play the game.

Voice

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by VoiceGS
Hey.

Which sucks but understandable. I go back to work on Tuesday and all I wanted to do was enjoy my weekend and play the game.

Voice

Same here, I'm actually a little jealous of the people who are playing the game right now without issues. I can't escape all the buzz surrounding the game and majority is positive, but somehow that makes this all the worse because I want to experience it for myself.

journeyman
journeyman
Octaaf commented on steam and they are looking into it. Also some QA testers.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard