Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Butcher Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Can you add a feature that highlights UNread books/letters so that one knows which has been read and which hasn't?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
enthusiast
enthusiast
That would indeed be nice...

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Would love it if the name/icon/or both would change after reading. +1

veteran
veteran
totally for it

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I mark them as wares once read - it would be nicer if it as automatic.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
I agree that would be a helpful feature. Preferably for a book title in general and not a specific book instance in case you later pick up duplicates of the same book.

Butcher Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yeah, I'm not talking about every book memory address itself, just that each book with the same title and content be grayed out.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
veteran
veteran
I read them and put them into a bag afterwards, my workaround ^^

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
I'd like to "reopen" this request as its implementation isn't exactly helpful. There are still 2 issues with the white border around new items.

1. all items with the same title, appear to be linked. So when I pick up 10 books that are actually all labeled as "book" in the inventory and then open one of them, all of them lose their "new" border and now look the same.

2. The border seems to disappear even if I don't open certain items. mouse-over or some other action seems to be making this feature less than desired.

A little could go a long way here. I'd add that quest documentation should probably have unique icons. I don't want to dumb things down, but this would drastically help when trying to figure out if the quest is bugged, or did I just sell something, or is on the ship....etc.

Thanks!

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard