Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
stranger
stranger
R
[quote=Kyrone]So I registered because I had the same problem and I found a overly complicated to figure out fix that appears simple enough!

1) Open steam console by typing:
"steam://nav/console"
into URL bar which should open steam as an external app and not use your favorite search engine.

2) Type "download_depot 435150 717550" into the console (717550 is the engine data dlc and 435150 is the appid of DOS2)

3) Wait for it to finish download... it takes a while (Took 1 hour for me)

3) Goto "*STEAM*/steamapps\content\app_435150\depot_717550" and copy/cut/merge the "data" folder into "*STEAM*\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2"

[/quote]

Hey, that worked for me, too! I tried every single other solution on the internet until this one came along.

It didn't bring up the DLC tab, but it added what apparently was missing from the data folder, so I was able to create a "Basic" level and have been editing it.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Wouldn't it be possible to add the Engine Data DLC to the store page's DLC section, and label it as free DLC? And possibly easier to implement? (I say 'possibly' because for all I know it takes some back and forth communication/files between Larian and Steam)

I might try that work around though...but I've a busy work weekend so hopefully all is squared away by the time I have my days off.

K
stranger
stranger
K
[quote=LuckyFatCat]Wouldn't it be possible to add the Engine Data DLC to the store page's DLC section, and label it as free DLC? And possibly easier to implement? (I say 'possibly' because for all I know it takes some back and forth communication/files between Larian and Steam)

I might try that work around though...but I've a busy work weekend so hopefully all is squared away by the time I have my days off.[/quote]

Yeah, this work around just downloads the data whether the DLC tab is visible or not. It's the same exact files.

[quote=Ronnie]

Hey, that worked for me, too! I tried every single other solution on the internet until this one came along.

It didn't bring up the DLC tab, but it added what apparently was missing from the data folder, so I was able to create a "Basic" level and have been editing it.[/quote]

Yeah, I came up with it after looking at SteamDB and examining the package, depot, sub, and app IDs. Then another hour of playing around the console. I just wanted to help! I've never used the steam console nor looked at Steam's packaging system before.

So yeah it's the same files, just manually grabbed from Steam's servers.

Last edited by Kyrone; 17/09/17 06:23 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Kyrone, what was the final folder size after downloading things via your method?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Gulpy
Kyrone, what was the final folder size after downloading things via your method?

I downloaded 15043 files. I don't remember the exact file size though as I have since moved them. It was around 2.9 to 3.5 GB. It downloads pretty slow. The console reports when the download is complete. Ever since I've been able to use the editor.

S
stranger
stranger
S
just wanted to add that the issue with missing dlc tab is still a thing. got d:os2 gifted today and there's no proper dlc tab within the game's properties. steam was restarted several times since then.
i did not manually download the needed content because right now i've got no time to play around with the editor. i sincerely hope that larian still is at work to get rid of the culprit causing the hassle.

Last edited by Semper; 19/09/17 06:27 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
[quote=Kyrone]So I registered because I had the same problem and I found a overly complicated to figure out fix that appears simple enough!

into URL bar which should open steam as an external app and not use your favorite search engine.

2) Type "download_depot 435150 717550" into the console (717550 is the engine data dlc and 435150 is the appid of DOS2)

3) Goto "*STEAM*/steamapps\content\app_435150\depot_717550" and copy/cut/merge the "data" folder into "*STEAM*\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2"

[/quote]

can I use this for the gog version, just put it in the correct data folder?

W
stranger
stranger
W
Thanks a lot Kyrone! You saved the day for a lot of people, you are the best!

X
stranger
stranger
X
Same issue here .. no dlc tab avaible and Kyrone's solution doesn't appear to work for me.

addict
addict
Hello everyone,

We have looking at it several times now and are certain the DLC is set to be available to everyone, we are currently in contact with Steam to identify the issue and solve it asap.

Apologies for the inconvenience, do bear with us for the time being smile

CTRL+K the elf
X
stranger
stranger
X
[quote=Larian_KVN]Hello everyone,

We have looking at it several times now and are certain the DLC is set to be available to everyone, we are currently in contact with Steam to identify the issue and solve it asap.

Apologies for the inconvenience, do bear with us for the time being :) [/quote]

Thanks a lot.

This problem isn't new , that happened to me on other games.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hi, I'm still having this issue even after all the updates. I purchased the base Steam version of the game on launch day. Is there something I need to do in order for the data DLC to show up in Steam?

addict
addict
No JRED,

It should just become visible. Currently we're still waiting for a solution from Steam as to why some users can't see this. For now, bear with us.

Apologies,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
D
stranger
stranger
D
Same deal here, no DLC tab. I also registered just to add this and find a solution.

L
stranger
stranger
L
[quote=Ronnie][quote=Kyrone]So I registered because I had the same problem and I found a overly complicated to figure out fix that appears simple enough!

[/quote]

It didn't bring up the DLC tab, but it added what apparently was missing from the data folder, so I was able to create a "Basic" level and have been editing it. [/quote]

This fix also worked for me! Registered on the site just to bump it. It's the only thing that has worked for me so far.

Thanks!

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
I had no DLC tab and spent $15.00 more just to add the Divine Ascension DLC.

Now I have a DLC tab but...

https://imgur.com/MSAJqPM

My face afterwards:

https://imgur.com/PP50OaS

PS - I did Kyrone's *fix* and it let me create a project and basic level (so there's that) but it still throws some error messages in the error log and it crash a LOT. Every time I close the Divinity Engine I get the glasses not working message. If I generate a brand new level with a blank new terrain with a base terrain texture and place just a start point and an AI trigger and nothing else (totally virgin level) and try to generate the AI paths it crashes... a few other places too. Massively frustrating that it's not working. Ironically the main game in single player has been crash and bug free fro me so far. Go figure. At least I can play and enjoy the story :)
I really want to mod though :(

stranger
stranger
Just to add my own, I bought the game on the day of release through Steam and I don't have the DLC tab either. Reinstalling has not helped. Rather than mess about trying to hack it in, I'm awaiting a bug fix.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I'm sure this will be well worth the wait, so I'll keep going through the (amazing btw) campaign in the meantime.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I purchased the base game (Divinity Original Sin 2) on [u]9/18/2017[/u] and I do not have a "DLC" tab under properties of my Steam game library.

Please let us all know when you and Steam have this issue fixed for sure. Thanks.

apprentice
apprentice
Now it is visible, but when I downloaded it I get the "Glasses has stopped working" error. This continues to happen no matter what game data path I tell it to use.
Please advise.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard