Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#614595 18/09/17 01:21 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. We encountered this yesterday when playing. Sebille (whom we had made into a wizard this time around) ate that head that adds First Aid skill, we were very happy that she got it, seemed very handy. It was right there in the action bar, memorized, all was well.
THEN we also got some cool trousers for her, mage trousers I think, instead of some lousy +2 to PA fashion disaster. BUT the moment we equipped the mage pants, a notice appeared that a skill has been removed from memorized because the prerequisites were no longer met. We checked and sure enough, First Aid was still among the skills she had, but we couldn't drag it right to be memorized, it always said that since she doesn't have Huntsman 1, she can't have it.
It shouldn't be like this, right? sad

(Not trying to whine, though, the game is awesome, guys!)

I've got many cheeses. Wanna be friends?
A
A
They changed it... before in the EA the skills you learned could be equipped whether you had the requirements for them or not... now however you must meet the requirements to use the skill in the first place.

i believe the problem was that before in the EA it never checked whether you met the requirements after you already learned it.. just when you learned it... now it checks both when you learn the skill and when you try to memorize it.

Last edited by Adrianna; 18/09/17 02:41 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
You probably had pants that gave + to huntsman, then you removed them and couldn't use the skill anymore, since you said she was a wizard.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Actually no, these were the simplest pants that only added +2 to armor AFAIK (husband controls her, he told me so grin )

My point is, shouldn't the "eaten" skills NOT require the levels of mastery of anything? I always used them all the game with no problem...

I've got many cheeses. Wanna be friends?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard