Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#614977 18/09/17 07:56 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Kind of frustrating that the main reason I bought this game was for the mod tools, and yet they still aren't out for GOG. Kind of lame that the game didn't ship with what was promised. I always go through GOG when a game I want to buy is available through them because I respect them as a company. But it looks like this time I should have went through Steam.

GOG is based in Poland and it's already 10pm there, so there is basically no chance for it to be coming out today. Another day of waiting for my $60 to not be wasted.
:/

V
stranger
stranger
V
Same here. I am less then pleased. I would love to start making mods but can't because the tool is not available. What exactly is holding it back? There should be nothing really all that different between the 2 versions.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
It's literally the same thing. You can actually take the game out of your steam apps folder and run it stand alone just like the GOG version.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Varacka
Same here. I am less then pleased. I would love to start making mods but can't because the tool is not available. What exactly is holding it back? There should be nothing really all that different between the 2 versions.
Steam version include Steam Workshop integration and publishing. For obvious reasons GOG version will only have local mod publishing.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Phenomen
Originally Posted by Varacka
Steam version include Steam Workshop integration and publishing. For obvious reasons GOG version will only have local mod publishing.

Doesn't seem like that big of a difference.

addict
addict
There is no difference between both versions. Local publishing is available in both and the Steam publish is simply disabled when no connection is available. (You could technically run the GOG version while logged into Steam and still upload to Steam)

As has been mentioned on a couple of posts, we have no exact time ourselves on when the GOG version is made available. I've seen them actively commenting on this request on their forums (https://www.gog.com/forum/divinity_original_sin_2#1505810906) and I'm sure they'll be able to give you a better time frame on it.

CTRL+K the elf
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
There is no difference between both versions. Local publishing is available in both and the Steam publish is simply disabled when no connection is available. (You could technically run the GOG version while logged into Steam and still upload to Steam)

As has been mentioned on a couple of posts, we have no exact time ourselves on when the GOG version is made available. I've seen them actively commenting on this request on their forums (https://www.gog.com/forum/divinity_original_sin_2#1505810906) and I'm sure they'll be able to give you a better time frame on it.

So just to verify. It is in gog's hands and you are simply waiting on them correct?

A
stranger
stranger
A
I wonder, maybe it's a good time to put it somewhere (on Larian's hosting?) separately?
Probably this won't hurt the game selling much and will make many dedicated fans pleased :)

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by ARandom
I wonder, maybe it's a good time to put it somewhere (on Larian's hosting?) separately?
Probably this won't hurt the game selling much and will make many dedicated fans pleased smile

Sounds like this would not hurt it as from the guides it requires access to the game itself to even work. So someone would need to have the game installed to even use the tool.

addict
addict
@Varacka, yes you are correct. We do stay in close contact of course as we work together for this final step on bringing this to everyone.

On putting the data up somewhere else; I'll come back on this in the next couple of days. We're hoping the availability issues on GOG and Steam get resolved this week, else we'll have to figure out how to proceed from there.

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 19/09/17 03:57 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
apprentice
apprentice

None of that explains why you have to own the game on Steam, to download the tools from there.
I see plenty of tools for other games, on Steam I do not own, and I can download all of them.

Same goes for the Steam Workshop.
Why can't I download the mods.
I'm perfectly capable of making any mod work without Steam.
I never use Workshop any other way, I don't trust any system that forces updates on my games, and mods.

All it takes is knowing where the files go, for any game.
Workshop just downloads the files.

Intergrating that system into the tools is an insult to every GOG owner.
As is suggesting we might upload our mods to a site GOG users can't use, not even the mod creator.

Steam Workhop is a walled garden I'm excluded from.
Mod support is great, when all customers get the same support.
When you favour Steam over GOG, we don't all get it.

Also saying tool release is in GOG's hands needs a little better explaining.
My understanding is the developer has control of uploads to Galaxy, for updates to the game, are the tools different?
As somebody who relise on GOG's offline installer's, I know I'll have to wait for GOG to create the installers, after it's added to Galaxy.

As far as I'm concerned, it's your game, and your responsibilty to find out why GOG hasn't uploaded the tools, not ours.
Just passing the blame onto GOG for the absence isn't good enough.
We all know you would have done that Friday, if you were selling a DLC, and it failed to appear.

Last edited by Uhuru NUru; 19/09/17 02:46 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Uhuru NUru

None of that explains why you have to own the game on Steam, to download the tools from there.
I see plenty of tools for other games, on Steam I do not own, and I can download all of them.

Same goes for the Steam Workshop.
Why can't I download the mods.
I'm perfectly capable of making any mod work without Steam.
I never use Workshop any other way, I don't trust any system that forces updates on my games, and mods.

All it takes is knowing where the files go, for any game.
Workshop just downloads the files.

Intergrating that system into the tools is an insult to every GOG owner.
As is suggesting we might upload our mods to a site GOG users can't use, not even the mod creator.

Mod support is great, when all customers get the same support.
When you favour Steam over GOG, we don't all get it.

Also saying tool release is in GOG's hands needs a little better explaining.
My understanding is the developer has control of uploads to Galaxy, for updates to the game, are the tools different?
As somebody who relise on GOG's offline installer's, I know I'll have to wait for GOG to create the installers, after it's added to Galaxy.

As far as I'm concerned, it's your game, and your responsibilty to find out why GOG hasn't uploaded the tools, not ours.
Just passing the blame onto GOG for the absence isn't good enough.
We all know you would have done that Friday, if you were selling a DLC, and it failed to appear.

I am inclined to agree 100% with all of this. Instead of just waiting to decide in the mean time you guys need to reach out. We customers can only do so much and honestly should not be having to go to all this effort to get access to tools that in the long run make your product better and of greater value with minimal gain for us. Everything about getting the tools into our hands sooner then later is of great boon to you. So some transparency would be great. If you have reached out to gog then maybe some snipits or preferably the whole text of the conversation as to this discussion should be posted.

If for some crazy reason that's not possible then at least say what steps you have taken. We deserve at least that much given our hassle yes?

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I honestly wouldnt have minded paying the extra 15 bucks on steam if it meant having the tools already.

And like people have said, it would be nice to have some sort of update, cause I at least feel pretty left out

enthusiast
enthusiast

No you're not.
You chose not to enter.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
enthusiast
enthusiast
It should be live now on gog wink
We apologize for the delay.

Happy modding !

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Its live boys!

Thank you guys

A
stranger
stranger
A
how can i obtain it?

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Araldir
how can i obtain it?

It's under "Goodies", on the right on the game's download page.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thank you guys!

[quote=Araldir]how can i obtain it? [/quote]

Check out D:OS2->More->Backups & goodies in Galaxy Client.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Redunzgofasta

No you're not.
You chose not to enter.

No I just bought the game on GOG.
Rightly expecting to get the same services, as buying it anywhere else.
I'm quite willing to raid that garden to get a mod, but I'm excluded from doing so, for no good reason.
No reason Larian should have excluded GOG owners from accessing the Workshop.
If they have no control over that access, then they should never have integrated the workshop at all.

Stop being a Steam shill, the Workshop was designed from the start, to lock mods into Steam, and make it just such a walled gardwn.
That isn't giving users a choice, it's creating exclusive mod content.

That's why the Skyrim community rejected it on mass, and what made the Nexus the huge modding site it is today.
That was a Steam Exclusive, and still is, but it failed to fool the existing TES modding community.
We saw it for what it was the first failed attempt to start paid mods.
Just look at what your download button is called.
"SUBSCRIBE", all subcriptions cost money, and that is a conditioning measure.
If the Skyrim community had flocked to that walled garden, they'd have had no choice, but to accept paid mods as well.

The essential requirement of open modding, is full user access to all game, and user content.
Using Steam Workshop is accepting a restricted form of modding.
One limited in what, type of mods allowed, and where they can go.
That goes against the entire principles of what moddings about.
This applies to games only on Steam, like Skyrim, just as much as ones also sold on GOG. like DOS2.

However it's made even worse when a section of owners is excluded from even accessing the Workshop.
I'll never use the Workshop for any game, but I'm quite willing to get mods hosted only on the Workshop.
As I already do for games like Skyrim.
It's still a Walled Garden, even for Skyrim, but I have way in. and out again.
A quick raid for the mods files, and I GTFO, but I can't even do that for DOS2.

Last edited by Uhuru NUru; 19/09/17 09:50 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard