Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Ferrous Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Welcome to the art of barrelmancy where you will learn the delicate and complex art of whapping your foes to death with barrels and crates.

The first step of barrelmancy is to find a nice high level reinforced crate.

Now take that crate and put another crate in it, now take both those crates and fill them with heavy junk, the higher your strength, the more you can carry, so start working out you whimp.

Next train your mind as well as your body, learn to move things without touching them and level your telekinesis, remember objects deal damage based off their weight when you set them right next to enemies, and only costs 1 AP.

Final step, watch your enemies bones crush to dust as you place a 300 LB object on them repeatedly for 150 damage.

As a bonus, level stealth and never be seen again, your enemies wont know where the barrel is coming from, telekinesis doesnt break stealth.

Last edited by Ferrous; 17/09/17 12:00 AM.
F
Ferrous Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
My friends have banned me from being a barrelmancer now because it makes them feel inadequate. T.T

L
stranger
stranger
L
Lol.. Gonna try this once the game is fixed.

veteran
veteran
I think, this was already in the first game a thing.

F
Ferrous Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
It was in the first game, but it wasnt this good, your range is longer in this one, the damage is higher, and there are crates with ridiculously high hps in this one so you can keep the same crate for a really long time.

Made a barrelmancer and decided to not care about strength and just took my crate for a walk rather than carry it in my inventory, got its weight up to 1982, it was dealing 800 damage (in other words 1 hitting literally everything) with executioner talent I start and end fights in one turn. Also crates can crit.

Hitting dwarves and elves can be hard, but I found that all you have to do is carry a couple vases on you, set the vase as close as you can to the dwarf/ elf and then stack your crate onto the vase and it will hit them easy.

Apportation is a good skill for a Barrelmancer. Situations where you can't find the hit box you can also stack explosive traps out of combat and teleport/bait enemies into it.

F
Ferrous Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
This is too OP, dont play this with other players, they will hate you, its a lot of fun but at the same time you dont need a team anymore.

End of Fort Joy Spoilers ahead:

When fighting the giant worm at the end of fort joy I 1 hit it,
When fighting Dallis on the Vengeance immediatly after, when you are simply supposed to protect Malady for a couple turns, I 1 hit Dallis forcing her to turn into her dragon form and flee. I also 1 hit every enemy on the ship in a single turn, ending the entire encounter.

It's really funny , like the video larian put out -- play your way (they made a crate/barrel wall while chat locking Alex)

Some fun facts (or at least what I noticed)

- More weight equals more damage
- Damage dealt also damages the barrel/crate
- It can Critically Hit (the additional damage does not effect the "durability" of the barrel/crate)
- It is based off your Critical Hit Chance
- Critical Hit Damage also works (from two-handed and scoundrel)
- If you equip a dagger it can backstab
- No height bonus
- Bonus damage from Warfare or Pyro do not work

I haven't checked bonus damage from flesh-sac or death wish work -- I'm sure there is a lot of more interesting mechanics to it.

Last edited by Kresky; 18/09/17 03:16 AM.
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
can this strategy really works when enemies hit over 3k hp on act 2? Because your crate is just gonna break

enthusiast
enthusiast
(Originally Posted By: Kresky)
It's really funny , like the video larian put out -- play your way (they made a crate/barrel wall while chat locking Alex)

Some fun facts (or at least what I noticed)

- More weight equals more damage
- Damage dealt also damages the barrel/crate
- It can Critically Hit (the additional damage does not effect the "durability" of the barrel/crate)
- It is based off your Critical Hit Chance
- Critical Hit Damage also works (from two-handed and scoundrel)
- If you equip a dagger it can backstab
- No height bonus
- Bonus damage from Warfare or Pyro do not work

I haven't checked bonus damage from flesh-sac or death wish work -- I'm sure there is a lot of more interesting mechanics to it.

Also, thrown objects can miss! I've had that happen a few times.

Originally Posted by Cyka
can this strategy really works when enemies hit over 3k hp on act 2? Because your crate is just gonna break

There are a few chests that are unbreakable (they have no health bar, and you can't examine them), so you can just keep stacking their weight up until you get tired of it. I'm currently transporting a 6,000+ weight chest around right now.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ferrous
This is too OP, dont play this with other players, they will hate you, its a lot of fun but at the same time you dont need a team anymore.

Agreed. Box Fu is fun, but use it for goofs or speedrunning, since one-shotting everything trivializes the combat.

I actually oneshotted Dallis with my box right after getting off the boat. Was pretty satisfying. rpg007

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C

stranger
stranger
Can you tell us where are those unbreakable chests or just high level crates? The only one with 11k hp that I found was at the spawn ship

Last edited by 4Donic; 18/09/17 08:34 PM.
veteran
veteran
If they did not change it, one should be in Bracchus lair in the labyrinth tower.

stranger
stranger
There is a site with chests locations. Hope it helps for others.

https://guides4gamers.com/divinity-original-sin-2/poi/chests-fort-joy/#mark-2866

Last edited by 4Donic; 18/09/17 09:20 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by 4Donic
Can you tell us where are those unbreakable chests or just high level crates? The only one with 11k hp that I found was at the spawn ship

The ones I grabbed were from the arena match for "The One" in Fort Joy. Also, I believe the chest where the heads tell you to open/not open it on the starting island may be invincible too.

Also, as for heavy crates with high health, look for the reinforced, metal, and heavy metal crates around the prison. There's also one or two on the boat I believe.

Before you get an invincible chest, you can mitigate the damage to the crate a bit by restricting the max weight inside of it for what will kill an enemy. Meaning, if you know 300 weight is enough to kill the starting enemies, then you can limit it to that weight until you need to put more in to deal with higher health pools.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard