Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tbhauer Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
New to the series, already love it but lately I'm struggling to get past a certain aspect. Every merchant I find only sells plate armor, chainmail armor, and wizard robes. When you start character creation it shows Rogues and Nightblade and whatnot in leather. I love how the leather looks but it's simply not spawning in the game. From a RP standpoint I'm really struggling to understand how chainmail is a finesse armor while it says it's loud. Even more so I play as a Wayfarer (specd polymorph instead of geo) and it showed them in clothes and big Volothamp style hat - I've never seen a single piece of magical clothing besides wizard robes.

I thought maybe since I ditched Sebille and it's only beast and I that maybe that's why leather isn't spawning. So I go hire a Rogue and Nightblade and they pop out in chainmail.. am I doing something wrong here?

Story wise I'm only in driftwood so if it's a "wait till you get to the next zone" kinda thing can someone tell me? Or do I need to craft leather? Does chain mail replace leather? If someone who is knowledgeable about the game and series can give me a heads up that would be awesome. On another thread someone told me they had the same issue in reverse and could only find leather gear - so please help me figure this out! It's sort of crushing the RP for me that I'm being forced to wear chainmail. Thanks!

F
stranger
stranger
F
There's plenty of enemies who drop good leather stuff and merchants that sell all kinds of armor, like the undead guy who stands right after you get out of Fort Joy, you can trade with pretty much all characters in the story so you might want to look better
Anyways if you lack leather you can mix plate and cloth, I usually do that too

Last edited by FranTheJam; 19/09/17 01:10 PM.
T
Tbhauer Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
To clarify I haven't seen leather sold from a vendor since Fort Joy area - I am in driftwood. And I check the trade options with every NPC I speak to. The reason I'm confused is that there are some vendors that carry a huge selection such as the arena vendor in driftwood - countless options for weapons, then nothing but plate, chainmail, and robes. There's definitely something that causes it to not spawn leather items that's my question.

Further clarification last leather item I purchased was a unique piece from the dwarf in the black bull inn -only available because it's a unique piece he's predetermined to sell.

S
S
I believe some armours in the character creation window are high-level ones. Unfortunately, it seems like there is no way to change the appearance of the armour so I had to invest into Int to get a set relevant to my RP.
I am afraid you now need to wait till another leather style appears in drops/shops later. If it was in the character creation window, it should exist.

Last edited by Sotnik; 19/09/17 01:42 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard