Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Look guys there is people that is telling everyone that has a genuine concern with Tactician difficulty that the game is ok and everything is fine, we are just "baddies" that need to "git gud"...

The reality is that this people are exploting the game by abusing system like thievery... some guy claims he left Fort Joy with 30k worth of gold and he could have even left with more.

This people are not playing the game in a "normal" way, most people don't rely on this type of exploits or unbalanced mechanics to play thus we can't claim the game is ok based on what this people are telling.

It is clear that there is something wrong with Tactician specially if you need to resort to this exploits to go through it.

Look, don't get me wrong, if those guys enjoy doing that then i don't care, i just don't want to be forced to do the same to finish the game, it is game breaking and breaks immersion and at that point may aswell just use cheats like infinite health and damage, whatever. Just think about the people that play the game normally and don't abuse the game mechanics like this.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zherot

The reality is that this people are exploting the game by abusing system like thievery... some guy claims he left Fort Joy with 30k worth of gold and he could have even left with more.

Damn, what kind of guy would do such a thing?!

stranger
stranger
I agree with you. The game should not be balanced around very specific skills like thievery, however:

You definitely don't need to do stuff like that to get through Tactician mode.

Me and a friend play. 2 chars each. We are in Act4 now, so I can't speak for end game.
So far we have stolen one item, just to see how it works.
We make our build up as we go, none of us have read up on skills, builds, story or anything. We have never waited to refresh shops (not that it would be a point, we can't afford much)
We just started the game and play.
Some fights are hard. We have struggled with a few, but most we just came back to later after gaining a level.
It should be hard, as it is currently the highest difficulty in the game, so it's good that we have to try more than once on fights :P
If we had restarted now, with our knowledge of builds and tactics, we'd have a breeze, I am sure.

You don't have to abuse anything, at least not in the first 4 acts

As a final comment, I'd like to point out that calling people who use the games different mechanics "EXPLOITERS" in caps no less, is not constructive. If you think that stealing is too strong, then point that out instead.

Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Stuff like this is also an exploit, they are not "tactics":

Originally Posted by Zherot
Originally Posted by rumpelstilskin
CC on tactician mode can be a bit more involved than using a skill though
[Linked Image]

That's called cheese, i have another example:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This type of things should not be needed or your primary way to deal with something, it is just dumb and just proves by itself how broken is Tactician.

veteran
veteran
I'm on your track for the first, but not sure about the second. Setting everything ablaze to make it harder to reach you is kind of part of the game. Magic armor makes fire much weaker than it was in the first game. My issue is more, that pure oil seems to be much more effective in prefenting enemies from acting.

stranger
stranger
I have no idea what is going on with those pictures and no idea how it's relevant for a discussion about thievery being exploitive :P

I guess it's about using the map layout and items to block entrances?
If you don't like to do that, don't do it. It's not needed

And again, I agree with you.
It should not be balanced around having to "break the game", but right now, I don't think it is.

addict
addict
If the oil trick is actually useful from Act 1 to Act 3, I would accept is as an exploit but it isn't worth using starting from Act 2 because all the strong enemies explode on death or just gain free immunity from slow with all the perma flight.

And enemies start to have a bunch of leap again.

So anything, I feel like their level designed balanced the enemies and the map design thinking people will use it.

Last edited by Ellezard; 19/09/17 05:34 PM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
umm remind me how entrapping opponents in places and part of things to where they cannot get out or have a hard tiume dealing with things NOT being tactical? I mean if it was me I would of probably did the same. I mean fire is beast and the coffins are a good Idea. Just because YOU dont like it doesnt mean its an exploit. how is putting coffins around an enemy so they cant move an exploit? Its simply using what your given in a creative way, you know the very definition of being tactical? using things to your advantage? and whats wrong with pick pocketing everything and selling it back? your just calling things you dont like as exploits. exploiting is using something that breaks the game to get ahead such as glitches. NOT using the game's mechanics themselves . learn the difference. and if your not good enough to play tactition which is supposed to be very hard. then maybe you do need to improve. As much as I dislike the 'git gud' statement and hate the saying as it is. but if your bitching about the difficulty of a difficult setting them maybe you SHOULD better yourself before speaking out. There's a lot thios game needs to fix. such as when you click an attack liker a smell to hit an enemy and the character runs instead My POINT in this rant is. dont go calling using game machanics and smart and maybe abusive use of items as exploiting. thats like saying your mom exploits your dad for his money just because he works

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Is the 4 coffin trick actually work? because nearly every fight i did 80% of enemy force will have phoenix dive - blink- backstab blink - frog leap - neither swap, mean they will always has blink-like ability.

Are you guys even playing on the same (tactician) mode as i do?

Last edited by Violet Gekko; 19/09/17 05:41 PM.
veteran
veteran
My definition for exploit is pretty simple: Would such a tactic work in a more reality based thinking?

Barricading a door, so enemies have a hard time getting through: Yes, surely -> legit
Trapping someone between 4 knee high coffins?: Hardly -> Game mechanic exploit

Stealing stuff from a trader and selling it back to him: hardly -> exploit

Creating a huge see of fire, so they will lose armor passing through?: Sure thing
Creating a huge sea of oil because oil penetrates armor making them unable to do shit: Hardly, because they just should be able to set the oil on fire.

T
T
Might be slightly OT, but I'd just like to point out that thievery is not, in itself, exploitative. You can use it to exploit, true -- like almost anything, by the way --, but you can actually RP in this RPG (novel idea, I know ^^). If you have the staple thief in the party and don't give everybody else, i.e. warriors and wizards etc. who would not normally be skilled at, or even interested in, thiefy stuff, +thievery gear, don't use throw-away hirelings, etc., then thieving is anything but OP, imo.

Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
I'm on your track for the first, but not sure about the second. .

Look closer.

veteran
veteran
Are they bodyblocked by a chandelier or what?

Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Are they bodyblocked by a chandelier or what?

Not a chandelier but yeah something like that, they can't do anything while i am destroying them with my ranged characters that shot through the door.

That fight is so stupidly hard on Tactician that this was the only way i could kill this cunts.

Last edited by Zherot; 19/09/17 06:01 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
It does look like the person TKed a huge object to prevent movement and then set the area on fire. Of course the object is taking damage every round from the fire as well.

It's like the idea of lighting a room on fire and blocking the door. Or pinning someone under a table and lighting the area on fire.

In both cases, unless the target can move the table or has another escape ... they're toast. Literally.

Of course once enemies start having teleport like spells this tactic goes out the window.

Last edited by KentDA; 19/09/17 06:02 PM.
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Originally Posted by KentDA
It does look like the person TKed a huge object to prevent movement and then set the area on fire. Of course the object is taking damage every round from the fire as well.

It's like the idea of lighting a room on fire and blocking the door. Or pinning someone under a table and lighting the area on fire.

In both cases, unless the target can move the table or has another escape ... they're toast. Literally.

Of course once enemies start having teleport like spells this tactic goes out the window.

They need a visible target or something to teleport or to charge all you need to do is stay back.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Nothing new under the sun here as politicians do things like this in real-life on a daily basis.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I'm not using any of those "exploits," and am having no problems with Tactician. It is hard but doable. You aren't building your characters good enough to win.

(Hint: You need multiple Glass Cannons (or Lone Wolves) on Tactician)

A
aqa Offline
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by frogl5
Hint: You need

I would consider such specific requirements a problem in itself.

addict
addict
You don't need any of that. From how the game scales, the most important thing is the gears unless you're a mage then it becomes "Chain Lighting" and "Meteor Shower unlocked".

The scaling from level 9 to 15 on gears is already huge, you get like 20-25% more damage per level if you always upgrade your gears. On level 17-20, this jumps even higher and so does your magic damage especially with skills like Meteor Shower that does multiple hit, or stuffs like Chain Lighting or Epidemic of Fire that will chain over and over until there's only one target left or it runs out of hit.

Even a subpar build will deal good damage if they have the highest level weapon available. It's one way to keep the player from just going from one area to another without exploring at all. The amount of legendaries/divine/unique left all over the map is almsot good enough to keep people geared without buying and if they use thievery/magic charm, they just get those even faster (too fast tbh. I'm trying out magic charm and that thing proc every 15 minutes or something)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard