Page 1 of 2 1 2
#616563 20/09/17 04:47 AM
M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
so i'm in the city of Arx and i've arrived at the consulate (which is destroyed and covered in necrofire). there are three "cursed revenants" that respawn upon death seemingly infinitely. each time one went down, it'd respawn in the nearest necrofire. i tried several things: blessing all the necrofire, blessing the revenants and killing them, but nothing seems to work; they just reappear at some arbitrary point in the southermost area of the consulate independent of how they are killed

i watched a youtube video which displayed a related bug in the same fight (which can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcl8r66dkc), and someone in the comments mentioned just running past them, which i've done, but i'm still in a combat sequence with them (which at this point has spilled out into the streets and now random pilgrim NPCs are fighting burning skeletons), and i don't see how i can flee combat without ending up at a waypoint and then marching back to the same spot only to enter combat again

am i missing something extremely obvious? at this point i just assume you aren't supposed to kill them, but i don't see how you can get past them without doing so. has anyone figured out how to get past this part?

Last edited by miaasma; 20/09/17 04:47 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm having the same issue! It seems like a bit of necrofire has gotten stuck in the walls. I filled the floor with necrofire then blessed it all at once and they still spawned. It wouldn't have been a problem, but now the fighting has spilled into the streets.

While I love this mechanic, it's just dumb and a waste of time if I can't stop them from spawning. Does anyone know of a fix?

M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
the "portal" above the fountain that the journal mentions either can't be seen during combat or is bugged, because all of my characters are now standing in the consulate (very far away from the citizens vs skeletons bloodbath occurring in the streets) and on one hand i don't know how i can progress this quest without fleeing combat but on the other hand as far as i can tell fleeing combat will just exacerbate the problem and make me run into combat again if i want to get back into the consulate. i like the idea of this sort of sequence just fine, but at this point it seems to be actively preventing me from completing this quest, which is upsetting

M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
okay, well, i'm certain this isn't how this part was meant to go, but i used spirit vision where the portal was supposed to be and it appeared. a few seconds after being transported, i finally got out of combat, so my problem has (for the moment) been resolved

i'd still be interested in any other solutions that solve this quest because i feel i was either doing something horribly wrong or experiencing a bug

edit: sorry for the double post

Last edited by miaasma; 20/09/17 05:29 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm exploring the rest of the city while I wait for a resolution, I might try just sneaking past but for now I'm just going to avoid going over there haha.

M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
new issues:

one of my party members is permanently dead after my 3 others ran through the door that opened after i had smashed all the mirrors during the mirror fight, after entering the portal in the consulate. there's no way to go back to where he is and no way to dismiss him from my party, so i appear to be stuck with 3 party members indefinitely

on top of that, when i met sadha and messed up the dragon egg (making her and the endlessly respawning/unkillable horrorsleep enemies attack me), we all escaped through the door that appeared and found ourselves back in the consulate. there, the shadow assassin that wanted us to kill sadha doesn't initiate conversation with us (he does if you don't kill sadha) and if i speak to him he talks about deathfog and black ring warriors, which i think might be dialogue i was supposed to get back on the nameless isle? anyway, he doesn't talk to me about sadha at all, and the red prince doesn't have any dialogue options about the fact that we just killed sadha, which leads me to believe the quest is now bugged

i think my only option is to just start a new character? i'm not prepared to play the game with 3 characters since it's my first playthrough and am having enough trouble as it is, and the (potentially) bugged quest is very discouraging

T
stranger
stranger
T
This is a pretty game breaking bug. I've avoided going to that part of the city because of it, but I am hoping it will be patched? I'm not sure. :c

M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
it's especially bad if the red prince is a companion you care about, since this is part of his quest line and i feel like not completing it will compromise my relationship with him later down the line. overall, my least favourite portion of the game hands down, and the part that seems the least finished

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Used the Tornado skill. Was much easier than blessing everything and hoping it wouldn't go back to cursed fire. Takes a while to CD, so best use it out of combat/range. Also helped me with invisible cursed fire spots. Just throw a tornado on there and they won't respawn.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by HybrideZalm
Used the Tornado skill. Was much easier than blessing everything and hoping it wouldn't go back to cursed fire. Takes a while to CD, so best use it out of combat/range. Also helped me with invisible cursed fire spots. Just throw a tornado on there and they won't respawn.

i did, necrofire clipped inside wall spot is gone, instead these fucks start to spawning at same spot out of thin air >:(

M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Cyka

i did, necrofire clipped inside wall spot is gone, instead these fucks start to spawning at same spot out of thin air >:(

pretty much exactly what happened to me. i decided to go the patient route and clean up all of the visible necrofire in the entire area, but they still ended up spawning seemingly for no reason up the stairs west of the main entrance. to be honest, this is one of the only examples in the game where i find an enemy's design to be flat out bad

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
It's possible that 2 of them spawned somewhere else not inside the consulate. I only managed to find one body. But they also spawned on that west stairs in the main entrance after I seemingly removed all necrofire, but after I killed them there they were gone and couldn't find them anylonger.

Last edited by HybrideZalm; 21/09/17 08:34 AM.
Support
Support

Please email supportdos2@larian.com, with a description (and/or link to this topic) and a save stuck in combat, or where there appears to be necrofire remaining inside walls, etc, or spawn points where there is no visible necrofire (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).

Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

A
A
It's possible that 2 of them spawned somewhere else not inside the consulate. I only managed to find one body. But they also spawned on that west stairs in the main entrance after I seemingly removed all necrofire, but after I killed them there they were gone and couldn't find them anylonger.

they seem to use up some of the necrofire when they respawn.. there might have been a very small amount of necrofire remaining and the few respawns were enough to use the remaining bit up.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
The whoever designed this location should be fired. Nercofired.

A
A
Originally Posted by Negolash
The whoever designed this location should be fired. Nercofired.

to be fair... im sure it was designed before they made bless a source skill so the necrofire wouldnt have been a problem the way it was probably originally intended.

Tornados have a 9 turn cooldown. The revenants are creating necrofire surfaces and they can respawn quite a distance away from where you kill them. They pretty much respawn ANYWHERE in the consulate. I killed on of the four and he respawned in front of the room where you get the hallmark key. That`s around 2-3 turns of moving away!

This is the shittiest and most retarded game design decision in this game. In fact in most games I have played in the last years. To be more precise Original Sin`s immortal Death Knights were probably the last time I`ve seen such a bad game design.

Last edited by Blablabla; 01/10/17 03:33 PM.
The enemies can create necrofire surfaces!! Even without the source point cost of bless this would still be not fun and pure attrition.

Last edited by Blablabla; 01/10/17 03:16 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I chain teleport them to the Consulate's courtyard one by one and had them killed there.
It wasn't fun. But it got the job done.

M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
i just sneak someone past them and use pyramids to get to the portal

i dislike bypassing combat like this, but this fight is entirely too buggy for it to be anything more than a lengthy chore that i've never managed to make work, and until it is fixed i'm not touching it

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard