Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mezzo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Anyone else facing this conundrum? Even if I play classic completely solo with 1 character I just steamroll everything. But as soon as I go into tactician, nothing I do works except exploiting and cheesing every fight.

I'd just like to find a sweet spot. Something a bit in between the two. Any suggestions?

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I find Classic to be plenty hard already, so I'd say it's more "explorer too easy, classic too hard" :p

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
We found the sweetspot ourselves as 3 seasoned gamer friends.

Play with 2 friends using a 3 player party. Playing 2xlone wolf is powerful, playing with 4 people on classic is not too hard either. However 3 player party disallows lone wolf and causes a -1 max player handicap which is basically 25% less life, phys armor, magic armor and damage.

We find the game very challenging as 3 players and having tons of fun, sometimes having to reload a boss fight many times or having to invent some really out-of-the-box tactics.

D
D
Honestly I think classic could literally do with about a 10% boost to all enemies health and armor for a bit more challenge (maybe 20% after Act 1). Seems pretty balanced.

The problem with tactician is rather then add more enemies like in D:OS EE they now have +50% health and armor. But the game isn't balanced for it and so weapons and armor quickly become outdated too fast because of the exponential increase from levelling up and moving into higher areas - which is something I hope they eventual fix and balance.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Tactician is super easy even without using exploits. I'm playing with 3 friends with a far from optimal party and i don't remember us reloading any fight past level 4 (we are now level 13). And i watched playing my brother solo and his fights are a joke with a 2 caster/2 physical party. He AOE breaks magic shields in one round with one caster, then ccs them with the other. And we even outruled totaly broken cc like charm, chicken or medusa head.

I can imagine the game being hard if you are using wrong talents and skills. But it's hard to not use them, as nearly half of the skills are overpowered and need rebalancing.

If you are really having problems, just have points in polymorph on everyone + one summoner, have chicken, invis and chloro bomb on every character and charm on some. That alone should be enough to break the difficulty.
If you still want the game to be even easier, have someone take nekro and use the combo death wish+living on the edge+permafrost for up to 99% damage increase. Elemental affinity on your casters lets you use spells worth of 12 AP in one round. Try to get evasion (through items or skills). Further you could use teleport and netherswap to control the battlefield. The combo chicken with rupture does insane damage (if you have a scoundrel). I can't even imagine how easy the game will be if played this way.

And don't waste any points in wits, it's useless.

journeyman
journeyman
Tactician is fine. Playing Solo, no npcs taken, just killed Alexander.

My guess glass cannon choice is good for parties of 3+
Already found stun immunity amulet, so I guess there are similar things.
For now I encountered only hard control things like stun and chicken poly, playing fighter, so silence is fine.

Last edited by Eugen; 20/09/17 09:12 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by endervoid
Tactician is super easy even without using exploits. I'm playing with 3 friends with a far from optimal party and i don't remember us reloading any fight past level 4 (we are now level 13). And i watched playing my brother solo and his fights are a joke with a 2 caster/2 physical party. He AOE breaks magic shields in one round with one caster, then ccs them with the other. And we even outruled totaly broken cc like charm, chicken or medusa head.

I can imagine the game being hard if you are using wrong talents and skills. But it's hard to not use them, as nearly half of the skills are overpowered and need rebalancing.

If you are really having problems, just have points in polymorph on everyone + one summoner, have chicken, invis and chloro bomb on every character and charm on some. That alone should be enough to break the difficulty.
If you still want the game to be even easier, have someone take nekro and use the combo death wish+living on the edge+permafrost for up to 99% damage increase. Elemental affinity on your casters lets you use spells worth of 12 AP in one round. Try to get evasion (through items or skills). Further you could use teleport and netherswap to control the battlefield. The combo chicken with rupture does insane damage (if you have a scoundrel). I can't even imagine how easy the game will be if played this way.

I totally agree but from level 1-3/4 it can be quite overwhelming in a blind playthrough

per angusta ad augusta
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I think that Tactician is just the right difficulty for me. If a fight is too tough then I go somewhere else until I get stronger. I actually hope that Larian Studios will add an even more challenging difficulty-mode to the game someday.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Mercer

I totally agree but from level 1-3/4 it can be quite overwhelming in a blind playthrough

In blind - yes, it may be. But it's so easy when you know what to do...
In honor mode I'll just follow beaten path - all the way to the Sanctuary without fighting and then it's easy to go through anything in fort. In marsh still things can be tricky... just avoiding hard encounters till you are strong enough.

journeyman
journeyman

I'll disagree in this point.
Wits give you crit chance and crits are essential for two handers due their crit damage.
Right now I'm solo lvl 8 with 40 str and 20 wit - that's good for fast kills.
Then I can play dead and repeat.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Eugen

I'll disagree in this point.
Wits give you crit chance and crits are essential for two handers due their crit damage.
Right now I'm solo lvl 8 with 40 str and 20 wit - that's good for fast kills.
Then I can play dead and repeat.

Good point. But other then with a crit-dmg stacking build i dont see any use to it.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Another force your opinion down to our throat thread. God it must be the steam crowd.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I would like to provide a counter opinion about tactition being too hard. I would like a higher level of difficulty than tactition. It is fun for a first play through where you are not familiar with the skills and builds but once familiar, I would love a real challenge. Our team has just bulldozed tactition just by chosing whatever skills and builds suited our fancy at the moment. Many Leeroy Jenkins moments later and we pretty much got to the point of being unstoppable.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Check out these mods.. One reduces armour but buffs health, the other only increases tactician health by 20 instead of 50%

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1139221227&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136599651&searchtext=Tactician

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard