Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
apprentice
apprentice
I tried emailing Happy Shops last night and Larian this morning, but no response from either. Guess they are being bombarded with emails so any response will take a while...

I do wish there was an official response to this issue though, it would put my mind at rest and I wouldn't be feeling so frustrated over the whole thing - even if it was just a 'we are aware of the issue and are looking into it'...

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Amata

I do wish there was an official response to this issue though, it would put my mind at rest and I wouldn't be feeling so frustrated over the whole thing - even if it was just a 'we are aware of the issue and are looking into it'...

Please just acknowledge shit went wrong. This radiosilence is "killing" me. Status on happy shops is still the same and I live in the Netherlands. It's a 2 hour drive according to google maps :P

Last edited by vometia; 20/09/17 11:35 AM. Reason: formatting
F
stranger
stranger
F
I got a reply from Larian again.

They said their department was only just made aware of this forum thread and they are spreading it internally so everyone knows how we are feeling about this. They are going to get an formal statement posted here as soon as they can (the guy replying to me isn't even part of customer support, he is just pitching in to try and fight the fires).

I'm pretty fustrated over it all (having to make 3 friends wait for me before they can start playing, while other groups of friends are now in Act 2 and chatting about what is happening) but I don't really see what else Larian can do, short of giving out more digitial keys to everyone, but that sounds like a logistical nightmare when Happyshops aren't even tracking orders correctly (and I'm sure the finance department wouldn't like ~5k extra copies of the game flying around).

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Fane
I got a reply from Larian again.

They said their department was only just made aware of this forum thread and they are spreading it internally so everyone knows how we are feeling about this. They are going to get an formal statement posted here as soon as they can (the guy replying to me isn't even part of customer support, he is just pitching in to try and fight the fires).

Interesting... Thanks for the information, let's hope they do this later today

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by The Centaur

It's not that the CE is bad. If you had received the CE and it were damaged or otherwise not okay, then Larian would indeed be the company to contact.
But if your package is (somewhere) in the shipping/delivery stage, and you want to know where it is, then it's the shipping company that should be able to provide you with that info. Some people said they tried contacting DHL or GLS, and they didn't have info on their package. HappyShops definitely should have that info.

Man... we live in different worlds.

1. I Bought a Larian Product
2. I did not selected who would make the delivery Larian did.
3. I have no contract/agreement with neither DHL nor Happyshops.

hence by law it was Larian who freely decided which company and service would be responsible for the delivery AND i paid Larian for this. On this contract Larian is now responsible to ensure that what i have paid Larian will be fulfilled. By the agreement i can only demand information from Larian. If Happyshops decides to not send anything it will be Larian OBLIGATION to find a solution for the contract to be fulfilled and then it's Larian decision if they want to deal with Happyshops or not.

At this stage, Larian doesn't know exactly who received their CE, and who has not...

This only proves something i said at the start of this thread... Lack or organization from Larian.

... I didn't recommend contacting HappyShops to complain, I recommended contacting HappyShops for information...

I don't know if you are aware that you currently are a sort of spokesman from Larian and i understand you are saying it in good faith to help us, however that is considered "Responsability misdirection" based on what i said above regarding contracts, but forget this part.

Point is... we have contacted Happyshops by now (from what i read in this thread most did) and we have received 0 information and some of us not even a reply. In terms of contract Happyshops has no obligation to tell us anything since we actualy don't have any agreement with them. But Larian does and we have a contract with Larian. So we can only demand explanations from Larian.

Seriously this is getting a bit tiresome of excuses and more excuses and very little to completly no show of Larian iniciative to even state anything official. All we have it's you The Centaur (to whom i thank for at least trying) giving us some words, however i start to have a feeling you have a directive from your superior to try to find excuses for what is happening, but it's getting to a point you're not helping anymore but keeping that tactic.

Don't take this personal, i do respect what you're trying... it's just that right now a simple "Yes Larian did mess up by not protecting the costumers from this" would be so much better... a clear and simple apology.

Okay, let me make one thing very clear... I do NOT work for Larian, I don't have any connection to them (other than that I'm a fan of the DOS series, ordered the CE as well, and am in the fortunate position to have received mine by now). So I definitely am not a "spokesperson for Larian" or have any "directive from my superior".

Fact is, by now we all know that Larian messed up by hiring HappyShops to handle this, as they seem to be making a mess of it. And I'm certain that, in hindsight, Larian would have done some things differently if they had known this in advance. Sure, they could post here with an apology, but that still wouldn't solve the problem, and still wouldn't let people know where their CE is right now. So I wasn't looking for a 'who is to blame' or 'who is legally responsible'... I don't care about all that. I was just trying to think 'out of the box' for a possible way (for those interested in it) to get that information as quickly as possible (if my CE still hadn't arrived, that's what I would like to know). If you don't think HappyShops can/will help you, don't care to try, and you prefer to wait until Larian has managed to sort this out, then I have no problem with that either.

Last edited by The Centaur; 20/09/17 11:50 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Just to brighten up the mood: We should get a kickstarter update about distribution of CE's.
I actually think that would be pretty funny and insightful. I for one, have 0 idea's on the process of distribution of these kind of things.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I usually prefer to use various different tracking tools to locate my parcels if I'm unsure as to their location. For example, I ordered something from the UK and the UK postal service website is really bad with information regarding the status of my delivery.
I used the tracking number on another site and it was the once that told me it was in my country, awaiting custom clearance.

Maybe try websites like https://www.17track.net/en

In either event, whilst Larian is ultimately responsible for delivering the CE's, the best place to find out where your package is, is with the delivery company themselves.

You have a tracking number, use it.
Hope you guys find joy and get your CE's soon.

Last edited by NuttiKrust; 20/09/17 12:33 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Using a tracking number would require to actually have gotten a tracking number..
I did not receive such an email, only an email saying I would get one. frown

veteran
veteran
My DHL tracking status has shown that my K-CE has been moving between countries now for several days. I can only assume it's on a boat instead of a plane. smirk

stranger
stranger
I wonder how many have not received their CE? That would be interesting to know. I have not replied to this thread before, but, I too, have not received mine. It's still sitting in Germany. I have been a long time Kickstarter backer for both D:OS1 and D:OS2, have not moved, have not changed my address on my information, and checked to make sure everything was correct when we were asked for input (it is and was). This is a new issue for me, and I purchase a lot of CEs. Already being disappointed about other things, this is the icing on the cake, and it doesn't taste very good!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by NuttiKrust
I used the tracking number on another site and it was the once that told me it was in my country, awaiting custom clearance.

Maybe try websites like https://www.17track.net/en

I'll give that a try; and, yeah, Royal Mail's tracking is often terrible, unless it's been sent special delivery you're lucky if they even record that it's been delivered let alone where it is and where it's been.

Originally Posted by NuttiKrust
In either event, whilst Larian is ultimately responsible for delivering the CE's, the best place to find out where your package is, is with the delivery company themselves.

In this case, it seems to have disappeared between DHL washing their hands of it in Cologne (I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere, albeit a bad one) and directing me to UKMail, a.k.a. DHL UK, who still say they have no record of it; but I was under the impression that DHL did their own international shipping too.

J'aime le fromage.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I finally got a tracking number a couple of days ago, but it just suggests that someone once told DHL that they might want to ship a parcel and no evidence that DHL even received a parcel. Disappointing.

Originally Posted by Eronel
I wonder how many have not received their CE? That would be interesting to know.

As far as I know, there are 2 groups of people of which it is known that their CEs were delayed... the one group is the non-Kickstarter CE purchasers (the 1000 pre-order CEs), the other group is the batch of Kickstarter backers who ordered the CE and the hoodie (which apparently was stuck in customs for a while, so their shipment was delayed by a couple of days). Both batches SHOULD have been shipped by now... no idea what they actual status is.
Most of the other Kickstarter backers (without hoodie) located in Western Europe should have received their CE by now. And then ofcourse there is a whole bunch of Kickstarter backers who are not in Western Europe, who DID receive a tracking email, but either their tracking page hasn't been updated yet, or they see movements that don't make sense.

Tbh, I don't even think the "have not received the CE" yet is the real problem for most people... it's the fact that they have no idea what the actual status is, where their CE is right now, and when they can actually expect it.

Originally Posted by Amatyr
I finally got a tracking number a couple of days ago, but it just suggests that someone once told DHL that they might want to ship a parcel and no evidence that DHL even received a parcel. Disappointing.

FYI: for me, it took 2 days between the moment that I received that email, and the time that the tracking number actually started to work.

Last edited by The Centaur; 20/09/17 01:47 PM.
I think that Larian should get 1000 new codes generated and send them by mail to all the buyers of the extra CE.

Those of us who are honest will tell them to annull the code we get in the box, and those who are dishonest .....
Well...

I'm also waiting for shipping.
Perhaps the expense of the extra codes could be taken from the payment to HappyShop.

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
A
stranger
stranger
A
ordered the CE and the hoodie (which apparently was stuck in customs for a while, so their shipment was delayed by a couple of days). Both batches SHOULD have been shipped by now... no idea what they actual status is.

Mine's one with a hoodie, so they have allegedly shipped now.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I am neither of the groups of people below. I am a kickstarter backer who backed at the Physical Collectors Ed. I did NOT order a hoodie. I am in the United States and have NOT received my CE and the tracking numbers they provided do NOT update.

This is frustrating as hell with no real answers from anyone!!!!!

Originally Posted by Eronel
I wonder how many have not received their CE? That would be interesting to know.

As far as I know, there are 2 groups of people of which it is known that their CEs were delayed... the one group is the non-Kickstarter CE purchasers (the 1000 pre-order CEs), the other group is the batch of Kickstarter backers who ordered the CE and the hoodie (which apparently was stuck in customs for a while, so their shipment was delayed by a couple of days). Both batches SHOULD have been shipped by now... no idea what they actual status is.
Most of the other Kickstarter backers (without hoodie) located in Western Europe should have received their CE by now. And then ofcourse there is a whole bunch of Kickstarter backers who are not in Western Europe, who DID receive a tracking email, but either their tracking page hasn't been updated yet, or they see movements that don't make sense.

Tbh, I don't even think the "have not received the CE" yet is the real problem for most people... it's the fact that they have no idea what the actual status is, where their CE is right now, and when they can actually expect it.

Originally Posted by Amatyr

FYI: for me, it took 2 days between the moment that I received that email, and the time that the tracking number actually started to work.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I am one of the people that bought the 1000 ce's. My order has said the same thing since 15th of september.
"The parcel data was entered into the GLS system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS."
I have no idea what is going. Tried contacting happyshops aswell but sofar no reply, same with an email fired at Larian. This whole affair is beeing handled very poorly.
At this point just recieving the CE will still leave a bad taste in my mouth.

stranger
stranger
Update:

Just received an email from Larian explaining the shipping issues, which allegedly sorted by now and they expect the packages to be shipped EOD tomorrow (21st).

They also provided an additional steam key (unique), so I could start playing now if I wanted to and share the key included in the CE with a friend.

Nice gesture.

Last edited by Bobisz; 20/09/17 02:25 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Townsendvol
I am neither of the groups of people below. I am a kickstarter backer who backed at the Physical Collectors Ed. I did NOT order a hoodie. I am in the United States and have NOT received my CE and the tracking numbers they provided do NOT update.

This is frustrating as hell with no real answers from anyone!!!!!

No one on these forums really knows anything, and I suspect, at this point, neither does Larian. Hopefully, they are actively looking into it, and we will get some sort of official response. I definitely understand your frustration! sad

AND there above: the official responses are starting! wink

Last edited by Eronel; 20/09/17 02:29 PM.
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard