Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hey there. Aetera the Eternal is LV 14, I'm lv 14, and this fight is literally impossible. I've never encountered a fight thus far I couldn't overcome with preparation and strategy, including that giant demon with 3800 health, Morgus. But Aetera is just not a winnable fight.

The reason being;
The fight start with 4 hounds. Each hound hits for 300 physical damage, crits for 500, and can attack 3 times in a row. with the exception of Ifan who has 500 physical armor, my other three characters have between 100-300, which means after being attacked once by 1 hound, they are on the verge of death. Then, on Aetera's turn, she creates 2 more hounds, and hits the party for Ice Hail which does about 900 damage if its a direct hit.

The hounds are weak to Air, but shes strong to air.
The hounds are weak to magic, but shes got twice as much magic armor as physical armor. You can't distract the hounds with taunts because they have too much physical armor.

I tried to manipulate the fight by summoning and enchanting an Air Incarnate champion and using him to destroy the wolves. This is good, but he can only do 80% the health of 1 wolf per turn with his AP, and the wolves just ignore him and kill my main character on the first turn. I've tried this fight 10 times already and each time, no matter what I do, my main character dies turn 1, follow by everyone else shortly after.

What am I supposed to do? Why do the wolves do 900 damage per turn? Why is there no Defense stat?

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Aetera the Eternal in the Mines?

Best bet is to cc her, lure off the wolves, or stack them all up and cc them together.

Typically what I tend to do is take teleport on 1-2 characters (I kept the gloves on one, and learned the spell on another), teleport as many characters close together, then blow them up with high damage aoe skills. Alternatively, if you have it, use the Custom-character aoe regen shield, wait for the wolves to descend, and then have as many characters as you can jump up in a turn and try to cc lock her to death.

I don't know what difficulty you are on, in Act 3 you will find a certain baddie, you will know who I'm talking about when you first fight him (please make sure to save), he's going to kick your ass horribly of you're struggling with Aetera. Just saying, it took me four tries to beat him.

To beat him, you will need a high enough initiative and to oneshot him before he transforms, temporarily change difficulty to explorer. He's going to have -base 22k health, 34k armor, and 44k magic armor on classic.

The rest of the bosses in that area will have around 6k health to 10k health to put that into perspective, and if you fail to cc him, he will regenerate about 10-14k armor or 18k magic armor (he has high perseverance). You don't need to know what I'm talking about right now, believe me, you will know it when you find it. :3

Best suggestion for most foes in combat:

Look at what they're weak to, view their weaknesses, strengths, and immunities.

Some foes will be completely immune to certain debilitating effects, and vulnerable to others.

A
A
Your talking about lohse's demon right? i heard about it already but me and my friends are going thru the game slowly (they can only play late at night) so far weve been doing ok... but that demon sounds brutal...

do you still have to fight it if you dont do any of lohse's quests?

Last edited by Adrianna; 21/09/17 10:33 AM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I'm almost there but the strategy that should work is having Evasive Aura on multiple characters, which should keep the dogs off of you for many turns.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Be smart about it - I.e, charm.

Charm is insanely strong. Jar of Mind Maggots + Empty Grenade = Mind Maggot Grenade.

Massive AOE, Charm for 4 turns. My group did it when we were underlevelled this way.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by AvantGuardian
Hey there. Aetera the Eternal is LV 14, I'm lv 14, and this fight is literally impossible. I've never encountered a fight thus far I couldn't overcome with preparation and strategy, including that giant demon with 3800 health, Morgus. But Aetera is just not a winnable fight.

The reason being;
The fight start with 4 hounds. Each hound hits for 300 physical damage, crits for 500, and can attack 3 times in a row. with the exception of Ifan who has 500 physical armor, my other three characters have between 100-300, which means after being attacked once by 1 hound, they are on the verge of death. Then, on Aetera's turn, she creates 2 more hounds, and hits the party for Ice Hail which does about 900 damage if its a direct hit.

The hounds are weak to Air, but shes strong to air.
The hounds are weak to magic, but shes got twice as much magic armor as physical armor. You can't distract the hounds with taunts because they have too much physical armor.

I tried to manipulate the fight by summoning and enchanting an Air Incarnate champion and using him to destroy the wolves. This is good, but he can only do 80% the health of 1 wolf per turn with his AP, and the wolves just ignore him and kill my main character on the first turn. I've tried this fight 10 times already and each time, no matter what I do, my main character dies turn 1, follow by everyone else shortly after.

What am I supposed to do? Why do the wolves do 900 damage per turn? Why is there no Defense stat?

3800 morgus hp. Is that explorer mode? since on tactician for me morgus had almost 6k hp. And he was easy to kill as hell with just 2 man party (in 4man game) without lone wolf talent.

Aethera was also an easy fight for 2man - summoners. after one turn monster doesnt have any armor and is easy to CC with Blood incarnates hasted. Maybe its because i have an undead party with living on the edge, mending, dome of protection and play dead thingy to let the boss focus on my immortal incarnates.. but im just level 12. And my conjurers (not tankers) already have more than 600 physical armor with around 600 hp with average equipement.

The thing about that boss is to take him out into CC or kill before his second move where from 150 damage he starts to deal 1200 AOE.

Consider wearing a shield that gives you +200physical, using skills before clicking (end) of the dialog with monster.

You can also try to go into fight with one character then use invisibility - run, and if wolves wont vanish, take them one by one with teleport skill.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by frogl5
I'm almost there but the strategy that should work is having Evasive Aura on multiple characters, which should keep the dogs off of you for many turns.

That also is a great way to deal with him. One source orb is one Evasion aura. Ez game

I entered dialogue with her and before I hit end, I spread by group around buffed, and summoned my pets near the hounds. Attested the fight and focused her down with my ranger and warrior. I cast living on the edge on my ranger since he died the most damage and is usually focused by the enemy. She is dead in one round. My pets keep the hounds busy. Then I teleport the hounds together and kill one which explodes and kills the others.

Don't be afraid to use source abilities on boss fights.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I am running undead knight/ranger both level 12 atm lone wolfing. Even cheesing by teleporting a wolf back to try and kill it then run out, i die before i get 1 full turn on them. might have to come back at 14 or 15 but i dont know if thatll make a huge difference. id be able to insta kill the wolves then im sure ( on tactician ofc)

Last edited by iifaustii; 22/09/17 05:25 AM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
If you absolutely can not beat it with your set up... as I couldn't do legitimately because I don't run summoner. Here you go.... I used 3 knockdown arrows and it took a little while because she kept regaining 350 armor a turn the wolves will not hit you so long as you block it off properly and leave NO SPACE that they can jump to inside of the boxes. You have to teleport her into the walled off area and then jump in yourself with tactical retreat (so you don't aoe boxes). Note that if you ever let her cast you are dead. And you need to tactical retreat out of combat as soon as she dies or the wolves come in.

[img]http://s428.photobucket.com/user/aaroncanuel2011/media/cheese_zpstxe054cl.png.html?filters[user]=144212204&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0[/img]
[img]http://s428.photobucket.com/user/aaroncanuel2011/media/cheese_zpstxe054cl.png.html[/img]

S
stranger
stranger
S
My first play-through, I just grabbed the loot from the chests and gtfo. Then I came back later and wrecked her hard lol.

I fought her with lone wolf and was having about the same issues even with high wit. The biggest issue I had was Aetera would always go first, drop a puddle and cc me with shock. Even when I avoided this, she would summon 2 wolves that were automatically given a turn ahead of me (even though I was technically second).

They also have really crazy moment speed, which allows them to almost always still get 3 attacks off even after moving. (i think their auto attacks can cause cripple as well).

So what I came up with was to escape the battle when it firsts starts. Then I would either lure the dogs next to her one by one, or teleport her away from the dogs down the stairs.

I typically would start the fight with the longest range attack (bombs, spells, totems) I had available (to start the fight), then go into chameleon. Then I would position myself nearby her (waiting the max time invisible for full AP), and teleport her down the stairs. I would gap close down the stairs to her, and try to kill her off before the dogs reached us.

After she was dead, I would keep escaping while killing one wolf at a time. The wolves are even nasty if they die in melee range, because of the cursed suffocating puddles they make.

apprentice
apprentice
There's another solution, it's a cheese but, well, on the first run, if you're really struggling, it's ok to cheese sometimes.
While your character talking to aetera, use another character to teleport her and your main very far from the hounds (when i tried this, i almost reach the entrance of the area). When you're done, start the fight. You'll destroy aetera before the hounds are able to even come in range.
As i said, it's a cheese, but it works.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Where is she located? I've been wandering all over the blackpits, and I'm not sure where to even find her. Apparently she's needed to advance a quest for Fane.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Honeybiscuits
Where is she located? I've been wandering all over the blackpits, and I'm not sure where to even find her. Apparently she's needed to advance a quest for Fane.

There's a cave at the far end of the Blackpits area. It's easy to miss. This encounter is all the way inside.

My team were at the end of level 13 when I got here. This boss wiped the floor with us. The real problem for me here was, she got to go first, and with 8 APs, she could summon 2 wolves, cast Rain, then Chain Lightning, then Flight into middle of team, then Superconductor. Anyone alive after all this would be stunned and we never got any chance at all to begin with.

I had to reload and mess around with my team's stats until Sebille had higher Initiative than her. That alone was enough to turn things around. The key here is to not let her blast full combo at you. What I did was to throw a smoke grenade at the team and teleported her to the back, so in her first turn she simply spammed a bunch of potions. After that it was quite simple. The wolves have very weak magic armor so I was able to charm all the 4 in the middle easily. Like someone already said, I used the Mind Maggot Grenade on these 4, and it was actually quite easy after that. The boss' not that tough against physical damage/cc's. I retried the fight a couple times, and the key really was to just be able to go first. Charm works wonder here, but stuff like Medusa Head works nicely too.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 14/10/17 12:53 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
You can teleport her to the shrieker near waypoint in this way.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard