Next Thread
Print Thread
#617291 20/09/17 08:01 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Why, why, why, is turn order being recalculated at random times throughout the battle?

Why even bother putting it at the top of the screen if it doesn't matter and can change randomly based on factors that I have no knowledge of? I really am failing to understand. Sometimes I will get two turns in a row with the same character as a result of this.

There is no reason for this to be happening at all. Turn order should not change from the beginning of combat to the end. Why would it ever change/reset, at all? If a new combatant joins, then they'd get inserted in somewhere. Right?

Please explain what I am missing about this. If there is a "feature" here that I'm not aware of let me know, but I highly doubt I would call it a feature.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
New combatants join in the end of the turn. After that they're inserted by their initiative. Spells/potions can also change initiative order.

Topic about initiative here with probably righter answers.
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=613496&page=1

Last edited by HybrideZalm; 20/09/17 08:55 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
The system is there so you can make use of some buffs like Peace of Mind, making your character move before that boss so it can throw some important spell so your entire party wont be wiped. I.e. you are in situation where you either stun an enemy or die with your archer but your archer is the only one that has something to knock him down and it has Initiative of 22. Boss has 23 initiative. You can use a spell or Wits potion to change move order to let it become in your favour.

Your tactical skills improve, crafting becomes more useful since because of it you had that Wits potion. You win fight and continue playing.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Is turn order only being recalculated between rounds (the grey bar)? I do think the three times I've gotten two turns in a row, the character's second turn has been the first turn after the new round. I'm not sure, but maybe other times I've seen it recalculate for seemingly no reason it's been at the round marker as well.

That would almost make sense, if I cast peace of mind earlier in the round on the character who was going last, they might go first in the next round.

It does seem like a design flaw to not recalculate the next round's turn order immediately upon the effect happening, rather than between rounds. You should be able to see what effect spells/potions etc. will have during the next right away, so you can plan.

Last edited by Alcalientre; 21/09/17 08:03 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard