Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
veteran
veteran
Suggestion for the tool: plugin support.

Like the DA1 editor was supposed to get, and never happened, third party plugin support would allow developers to make potentially unknown functionalities happen in the editor.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Can the default for projects not be Steam, Shared to all? I would prefer my testing be local or steam / private.

B
stranger
stranger
B
[quote=Dark_Ansem]Suggestion for the tool: plugin support.

Like the DA1 editor was supposed to get, and never happened, third party plugin support would allow developers to make potentially unknown functionalities happen in the editor. [/quote]

It would allow us to replace some parts of the modding experience that is not easy to grasp for beginners or experts alike with something that is more intuitive.

This should be a #1 priority for Editor if they want to salvage any chance of success with their editor/modding, people are upset with the experience of trying to use this editor right now.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Can I create terrain using a heightmap?
I didn't notice such an opportunity in the engine.

old hand
old hand
There is no such tool in the editor, but Celludriel made one for DOS and looks to be investigating for DOS:2. Go Celludriel!

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
B
stranger
stranger
B
I just realized something when using the editor, where is the license agreement? The only thing that is under help is just a website link to documentation, but nothing on licensing of the editor. The license is not even under under Divinity Original Sin 2 Engine directory in Steam Library folder.

Who can I contact in private regarding on the topic of extending the editor?

enthusiast
enthusiast
MORE WORKSPACES / LAYOUTS to save and load and WIZARDS please.

I would really appreciate more workspaces and layouts which are available in the options bar. So far as i figured out there is only on layout of the editor i can save and reload. I would like to have more options there and better even more default workspaces like lots of professional creative software. e.g. Terrain (where is the MaterialResource Window?) / Placeables (with big preview window) / NPC (with big preview window) / Instances and so on

I guess lots of initial complaints about the complexity of the editor comes from the overwhelming default layout. Myself coming from NWN2 editor i can understand certain people complaining but have to say at the end it is not so different at all, just less intuitive because of lots of more powerful options popping up.

Some Wizards could be extremely helpful like setup
  • new terrain (input base texture and paint terrain textures and (materialresources), size, heightmap plug-in. AI Generation and Startpositions automatically)
  • Creating a new NPC
  • Importing a new texture and assign to a model and save it as a new root template
  • simple quest creation

journeyman
journeyman
All I want is a type of control/key map. Like something to tell me what I need to press to "do" something in the level editor window. Like knowing what are all the zoom controls, how to 'center' on an object and whatnot.

Edit: woo whoo, found them.

Last edited by Rasikko; 19/09/17 03:19 PM.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Rasikko
All I want is a type of control/key map. Like something to tell me what I need to press to "do" something in the level editor window. Like knowing what are all the zoom controls, how to 'center' on an object and whatnot.

Edit: woo whoo, found them.

Can you elaborate where? I would like to know this as well (sure lots of people would). Thanks smile

journeyman
journeyman
Options > Preferences, or press Ctrl + P. When the window pops up look for Default Controls, and another section called Controls for the rest. The Terrain Editor has a few controls specific to it as well in there.

Last edited by Rasikko; 20/09/17 04:48 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
We need to talk about NPCs
As far as I know from some videos, creating them is a bit messy, we have to work from a copy from another one (Ex: A guard) when the most normal approach would be: New Npc>Set Race>Set Gender>Be able to choose from ALL options of heads, beards, and armors>Choose a preset class for his skills/Add skills.
I mean It's quite absurd that if I want to create a civilian (F.Ex the village's doctor) I could only choose from civilian clothes when some of the pieces of armor that would look cooler are in, I don't know, mage, f. ex.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi, when i click on the Story Editor i have a lot of error message boxes that appear, saying something like "goal does not exist but is referenced as a target", and if i build, i have some errors because some lines aren't prefixed by DB_, but those are native scripts.
I tried creating new projects but still.

S
stranger
stranger
S
nvm, i just checked files with steam and it worked again

C
C
Originally Posted by Windemere
There is no such tool in the editor, but Celludriel made one for DOS and looks to be investigating for DOS:2. Go Celludriel!

I'm but it's not that easy anymore, well the heightmap is but now there is also a vertex section in the file ... I have no idea how to handle that part yet ... Need more information to get that going. Hopefully it's even still possible now.

I will have more news during the week after experimentation. I can recycle most of my D:OS one so that's positive

B
stranger
stranger
B
I just got into the modding program yesterday. it sounded simple from everything I had read but upon getting into it I now see why the only tutorials on youtube are level modding. It seems the main focus.

It would be nice to have a section where you don't have to render a world just a single gui. So character page loads up and you can select what you want to mod just like you would select it in game. or have an add new button. or open an item inventory and select/add items to modify.

I have never been interested in world modding just character/item modding which is simple enough in .xml or .lsf but I would rather build a mod than edit the base code as such. If there is already a way to mod the base code and put it into a Divinity Engine 2 Mod it would be great to have a tutorial.

Thanks for reading,
Baki

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Baki

It would be nice to have a section where you don't have to render a world just a single gui. So character page loads up and you can select what you want to mod just like you would select it in game. or have an add new button. or open an item inventory and select/add items to modify.

just character/item modding

Thanks for reading,
Baki

That's already there. You pick Add-On , and then you just use the Stats Editor.

You need to go through the Larian Wiki and learn how the tool works, there is a Stats Edit tool that functions like an Excel Spreadsheet to edit those .txt files you would normally have to painfully edit by hand.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Man, I wish I could prevent the Browser window from opening every damn time I load a project...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Wow, all I want to do is modify a few scripting behaviors so I can get a hang of it.
I could bash my head against [https://docs.larian.game/Scripting] until I get something working, but you usually study working code to get something. So I go to [https://docs.larian.game/Script_editor], and the page feels it's necessary to explain what "File" Menu does and it shows a bunch of scripts in a screenshot as if to tease, but never mentions how to actually open that Shared solution.
At this point I'm like 90% sure that it has something to do with the packing and unpacking thing that everyone knows all about, but although I can make sense of the unpacked files, I have no clue how to work with them.
I heard about the steep learning curve but...wow

L
stranger
stranger
L
It'd be incredibly nice if we were able to set specific weapon types for skills, such as requires an axe, spear, etc. Since the dagger is the only melee weapon that has this distinction I imagine it'd be possible to implement the other requirements.

V
stranger
stranger
V
This may have already been suggested, there are a lot of replies here but...

Please give us a way to create our own combat skills. Idk how hard this would be but it seems like data.txt and data-data.txt has the key and some kind of script associated with the key. What we seem to not have access too is the bridge between combat skill and the effect of said combat skill. This prevents us from creating new combat skills and new effects or modifying any of the existing combat skills.

Really sad considering we have the ability to create new skills but no way to link them to a new combat skill.

Pretty please with sugar on top.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard