Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lightzy Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
I really despise the new system and I think pretty much most people do too.

Let people who level their wits get first turn, big deal, they won't be doing as much damage and their spells won't be as powerful.

I understand that you broke the game because you made environment effects = combat, instead of it being an additional interesting and rewarding system to combat as it was in D:OS1 and so had to ruin initiative as well to make up for it, but at least give us the option.

Thanks

Last edited by Lightzy; 22/09/17 12:02 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
As the game currently is all it would do is make the balancing even worse.

I don't think the current system is great but that system isn't better. It might sound better but I feel like everyone would quickly get bored when everything turns into super easy mode.

Last edited by SacredDark; 22/09/17 12:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
The theory about why Wits/Initiative doesn't work in Tactician difficulty is that it's a bandage to make Tactician mode work. The real problem is that Tactician needs a major redesign. Just undoing the change to Initiative won't solve the real problem. For that, I think, it'll have to take a few months of time and feedback.

L
Lightzy Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
Just asking for a toggle.

If you think it breaks the game don't toggle it to "use initiative values".

I didn't see it being problematic in D:OS1 or in EA.

enthusiast
enthusiast
"Toggle" honestly does not make sense. A system is better than the other and should be used.
The more I read those forums, the more it feels like from one decision the rest was just an attempt to make it work.
"Bandage" is quite the good term.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
[quote=Linio]"Toggle" honestly does not make sense. A system is better than the other and should be used.
The more I read those forums, the more it feels like from one decision the rest was just an attempt to make it work.
"Bandage" is quite the good term.[/quote]

I prefer the your-turn-their-turn system, but if someone else like the old system I have no problem with that.

Why would anyone argue that an option is bad?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The theory about why Wits/Initiative doesn't work in Tactician difficulty is that it's a bandage to make Tactician mode work. The real problem is that Tactician needs a major redesign. Just undoing the change to Initiative won't solve the real problem. For that, I think, it'll have to take a few months of time and feedback.

It's not Tactician-only, they screwed over all modes like this.
Why? Nobody knows. It's not like wit's additional crit is anything to write home about. If anything the reason why everyone stacked wits was because +5% damage isn't anything to write home about either. But they needed to keep stats "low" for PvP play. And thus, bandage upon bandage upon bandage; the MMO development cycle.
This bandage however was coated in poison.

L
Lightzy Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
Look I don't care about the reasons, just gemme a toggle! :P

I'l have more fun rebalancing the game via mod and playing it than it being the way it is now

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
It's not Tactician-only, they screwed over all modes like this.

Huh. You're right. I hadn't really noticed because I wasn't investing into it (only 2 points onto one character), so I was ignoring initiative, but I just spent all my points into WIT and with my Team having Initiative 16/16/14/14, it was still my turn/their turn even though literally every single member of my own team is faster than the fastest one on their team.

So it is factually correct to say that Larian is bad at balancing their own game, if only because the Wits stat still exists at all.

Last edited by Stabbey; 22/09/17 04:42 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard