Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Summoning only scales off the summoning ability and your level. Early on this is really overpowered. A (lone wolf) full summoner can beat Dallis and her companions at the Fort Joy gate and later on the ship in Act 1 without any problem. But when you hit 10 in summoning ability you have no other way to improve your summons and they start to lag behind. It's still really safe and does its job, but the damage is lacking.

Doing damage yourself, which scales off multiple abilities, gear and attributes is so much stronger. I respecced at around level 12. At this point I had 26 in summoning ability on my lone wolf characters (10 base + 10 from lone wolf + 6 from gear) and I buffed my incarnate / bone widow with all available infusions and buff spells from all spell schools.

I respecced then my characters to a twohanded knight and a ranger. Sure they felt initially squishier, but compared to the fully buffed summons on my full summoner, they also did double damage per attack and have more AP to attack. And the damage gap between these playstyles gets larger and larger with every levelup.

journeyman
journeyman
What is the level cap for summoner ? Should I just stop putting points after 10summ and let my gear bonus do the job ?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by CollaSama
What is the level cap for summoner ? Should I just stop putting points after 10summ and let my gear bonus do the job ?

Level-Cap is 10 ... you can only invest 10 points into a combat ability. If you want to play as a full summoner you need to max this ability, because it is the only way (stat-wise) to improve your summons.

Last edited by Tommy123; 05/10/17 11:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
As a lonewolf summoner will be maxed at 20, because the 10 points get doubled though.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Foxy of Loxly
THE ONLY PHYSICAL CHANGE THE INCARNATE GETS IS FROM THE TENTH LEVEL OF SUMMONING
THERE ARE NO OTHER POWER SPIKES OTHER THAN THE TENTH LEVEL
LEVEL TWENTY SUMMONING ISN'T MAGICAL. Just awesome.

But... What about level 30? I heard that level 30 summoning summons a dragon! birthdayjump

veteran
veteran
Because level 20 ist normally not achievable and lonewolf would be even more broken otherwise.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
The dragon and demon come from origin quests! Sorry man! also, lvl 30 summoning is just bragging rights. well deserved bragging rights, but still just bragging rights.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by TsunAmik
I am playing summoning+warfare+poly just fine, it works great, because summoning is amazingly versatile as it doesnt depend on any stat.

@MangoMan

Dont give points into CON... ever smile And just take your main attribute which you want to use to deal damage+memory for skills you want and lot of wits so you go first with your summoner

My MC also is a melee Summoner/Poly/Warcraft hybrid and the build works great. I can confirm CON is a wasted stat, but I would recommend taking the Picture of Health talent if you want some to put some more meat on your bones (Each point of Warcraft adds 3% Vitality, almost doubling the 3% or 4% VIT bonus for each level attained). If you're still not convinced, take Five Star Diner as well (Food and Potion effects are doubled).

I play a Lone Wolf tandem (my teammate is Sebille whom I've specced as a Scoundrel/Poly/Warcraft hybrid) and for my MC I put nearly everything into Summoner, STR, and WITS with just enough in Memory to maintain the build. Although (as stated earlier) it is a good idea to put one or two points into the elemental skills (GEO/PYRO/HYDRO etc) to help set up Incarnate infusions and Elemental Totems, in my group we just burn down the physical armor and kill with burst damage and blood infusions/totems. There are plenty of other ways to set the elemental stage so to speak (grenades, scrolls, elemental arrows, etc) so you can throttle your Summoner skill to 20 in a hurry if you're creative smile

Hey, hey, hey — don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Hello, i dont understand:

" They scale off your Summon skill and elemental skill. All elemental incarnates gain +3 to your elemental skill "

I can find Summonign skill but i cant find elemental skill , what is it? how can i increase it?

thanks

veteran
veteran
Elemental skills are the different elemantal skill trees: Fire, Water, Air, etc

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Since definitive edition has come out, this is slightly outdated, if anyone can post the changes for summoning, that'd be awesome. Thanks, and happy hunting

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard