Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
First of all, i loved it. every second of it. I played for 100 hours and I am ready to restart and do 100 hours more.

That being said, here are my feedbacks and suggestions;

- The final quest chain in Arx is a little too tedious. It didnt felt as challenging as the others, but rather more errands like. a little TOO Much running around, it essentially felt like the quest line was made and it was too easy, so the designers just made it "get 3 items instead of 1". What helped a lot though was the fantastic music, made running around a lot easier. Same with the enemies, especially the ones in the Consulate. That was the only time where enemy mechanic didnt felt challenging but frustrating. I killed them, but I still am not sure how or why, i just did after spending an hour fighting 3 guys.

- I would HIGHLY recommend adding "OR" into item requirements, this would open up so much more builds. Especially when theres items that gives contradictory stats. I've had intellect giving armor that requires strength and finesse helmets that gave strength. So why not make items "Require 14 Strength OR Intellect".

- While we're at it, why dont abilities have the same thing? Let Warfare, Ranger and Scoundrel get their damage base off of Strength or/and Finesse. Geo and Necro have physical damage spells so let their damage be based off of Intellect AND Finesse. Mix and match them more, gives more hybrid builds because right now, pure builds i find to be the strongest still.

- I feel like fight encounters where I begin the encounter or am the ambusher should give my party move priority on first turn. The reason is because A, my efforts of sneaking feels unrewarded otherwise and B, its really not fun to watch enemies do all these things and you watch your health go down or characters get CC'd even though you were expecting them. It feels like a railed ride.

Those are my feed backs. other wise i friggen love this game. and hats off to the sound team, seriously.

veteran
veteran
It should be more simple, items should not give contradicting benefits. Str-Equipment should not give Int, there is to much randomness in item generation.

You already had the first strike, being first in the first round would give you two rounds in a row. Many enemies are then probably already dead without even acting.

N
N
Great suggestions. I mostly skimmed and didn't see it mentioned, but I really would like it if self-casting skills autocast. By that, I mean adrenaline as an example requiring you to click on your character after clicking the button even though the only thing it targets is yourself. I can understand the reasoning for something like encourage not doing that, but can't see why something like adrenaline has that extra step.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Vizjerie
- While we're at it, why dont abilities have the same thing? Let Warfare, Ranger and Scoundrel get their damage base off of Strength or/and Finesse. Geo and Necro have physical damage spells so let their damage be based off of Intellect AND Finesse. Mix and match them more, gives more hybrid builds because right now, pure builds i find to be the strongest still.

Warfare, Huntsman and Scoundrel already do what you're asking. You just have to use the specified weapon, but the skills themselves scale off of your weapon (which scales off of a specific stat).

I'm also not sure what the big deal about Necromancy is and why so many rave about it. Damage wise, it's extremely weak, even on a high damaging physical character. You would be better off simply wearing a shield on your caster and using Shield Toss instead since it scales off of the shield's armor. Even the life leech capability isn't all that, because to even benefit from it, your armor has to be depleted. The best thing the school has going for it anyway is the Widow summons and Living on the Edge, neither of which scale from any stats.

Last edited by Sanctuary; 22/09/17 06:43 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard