Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Since the launching, a lot of people complained about the difficulty of the tactician mode. After playing about 60 hours, I completely disagree that it is too hard or even that the enemies are sword/spells sponges. I actually found it pretty balanced, even quite easy at times. Maybe people were not used to the gameplay or something, but the difficulty level is pretty fair.

veteran
veteran
Not the difficulty is the issue, but how it's achieved. A huge part is simply a huge boost in stats, which is not what we expected coming from D:OS EE and therefore feels pretty lame.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's not really about the difficulty, but rather how it is achieved.

You don't get new and interesting encounters, you get 2-3 extra turns of meat whacking and an occasional restart while you figure out the optimal location for oil puddle application.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Since I never played normal, I have no frame or reference to use as a comparison. For me, the biggest problem is the damage spikes. It really kills tactics because a lot of fight boil down to who has better gear, not better tactics. That awesome gold item I just got 1 level ago is already obsolete 2 levels later...

stranger
stranger
Are the exp rewards any higher?

veteran
veteran
There is no point in changing in exp in a game with a fixed amount of encounters.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
50% bonus of everything is stupid. 25% to defense stat and 50% to offense is better. They can kill you just as fast as you can kill them.

right now it's just, you can't make a dent in hjujkjikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkj

S
stranger
stranger
S
Playing with my friend as 2 lone wolves just got to Nameless island and everything dies within 1-2 turns.
I even feel bad for my companion as my char is Geomancer that does tossees those boulders at everyone for 3k damage and 4,5k crit. Even more if I manage to stay high ground.
Is that difficult? I did nothing cheaty. Just stucked geo and intellect.
That is a point where I lost interest, unfortunately.

Last edited by Skellor; 23/09/17 04:14 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Skellor
Playing with my friend as 2 lone wolves just got to Nameless island and everything dies within 1-2 turns.
I even feel bad for my companion as my char is Geomancer that does tossees those boulders at everyone for 3k damage and 4,5k crit. Even more if I manage to stay high ground.
Is that difficult? I did nothing cheaty. Just stucked geo and intellect.
That is a point where I lost interest, unfortunately.

Lone Wolf with 2 players is OP, they balanced it around with only one player it seems. It is still pretty OP with just one player at 2nd half of the game.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard