Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
X
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
Played for 8 hours or so last night with my girlfriend in splitscreen co-op. Occasionally while navigating inventory/menus there would be a slight input lag, and then the controller would get "stuck" in a certain direction.

After getting "stuck" the controller would for instance be forever scrolling right, with no way to stop it.

How I fixed the glitch: unplugged controller and plugged back in. However, if you're unlucky and have the bug strike at the main game menu the game will not recognize the controller after you plug it back in, and will also not recognize mouse input, so Alt-F4 is the only option.

Frequency: Often. Happened about 20 times during 8 hours of play. 2 or 3 of those times the only way to recover from the glitch was a force close of the game exe.

System info:

Windows 10 Enterprise x64
2 x current revision Xbox One controllers with current firmware, connected via usb cable

Last edited by xenoglyph; 16/09/17 10:12 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I have had the exact same problem playing with 2 xbox 360 controllers on split screen. Scrolling in menus/inventory gets stuck going up/down/left/right. I know the physical controller sticks aren't stuck because it doesn't act as if the stick is being pushed in the map or in the game world.

It is only happening to the Player 1 controller. It eventually stops on its own but can take a long time. Makes it impossible to save or use hotbar skills as the selection scrolls faster and faster.

I'll try unplugging and replugging. On Windows 10 x64 with 2 USB xbox 360 controllers.

Last edited by Ghoulio; 23/09/17 03:10 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Same here. This happens randomly in menus, sometimes i can play 2h with no problems, another time i can have this bug 3 times in 10 minutes, only happens in menus. X360 USB controller. Unplugging it and reconnecting fixes this issue, but it is very annoying. Win 10 here too.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Workarounds for these bugs:

1. Button gets stuck in a direction
The game didn't detect you released that button and thinks it's still held down. Simply press that exact same button again (Ex: Press right on the dpad, analog stick, right bumper, etc). The game will now see it was released and properly stop it.

2. After a controller disconnects, one or more controllers stop responding.
This is a bit finicky, simply unplug any working controllers and plug them back in again. Might have to press B and then Start to log out and select the profile again. But popping controllers in and out should fix that bug of them not working.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Yes, this isn't a split-screen issue. It's a controller issue and also was an issue with the first game. I'm finding the issue has gotten worse in Act 2, along with the input lag.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Just registered an account to report this problem as well. I've played with my girlfriend in split screen co-op for about 10 hours. My controller (main profile) becomes stuck once or twice per hour approximately. Sometimes it gets unstuck after 20-30 seconds, but that is not the case most of the times. If I switch it off and on, the game doesn't recognize it all, so the only solution is to close the game "manually" with alt+f4 and reload it. It is very frustrating to wait for so long, so often.

We would appreciate a fix asap because this game is freaking awesome!

B
stranger
stranger
B
hey, i didnt mean to necro this thread or anything, but i just bought this game, wanted to do this for a very long time, big fan of original. started playing with controller (as i did with first DOS1) but encountered this very same bug. unfortunately unplugging and plugging again doesnt help, i have no idea why. it happens to me every 5 min or so. i really cant play like this. and i have 100 min played, which means there are only 20 minutes left till i am allowed to refund.
i never encountered this bug in DOS1. what should i do.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/3288067088131854157/

Support
Support

This issue is being investigated.
I've rarely had this happen in D:OS EE when using the arrow keys to move the camera focus (keyboard mode). Usually switching characters would help, or save/reload.

stranger
stranger
hello

Having the same issue. I have not found any other thread about that issue anywhere else. So i'm quite worried when i see thant the issue is being investigated in a 2018 post.
Has anyone found a way around this issue yet?

-> using switch controllers on pc windows 10 on steam, splitscreen.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, this has not been reproducible on any QA or programmer systems. I don't recall seeing any other workarounds for this issue, not already mentioned above.

stranger
stranger
Then i will help for others :
I found what was not working was the cross pad (not sure how it's called in english, the four arrows that allow you to use tactic view and stealth mode). It get stuck and won't let you do anything in any menu.
Using big picture (on steam) and changing the settings of the controller, disabling any way to use those buttons, solved the issue. Though it means i have to use the hotbar to stealth and aim. A bit anoying, but far less than the original issue.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard