Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mander Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I've created a reasonably simple adventure in the editor, and I've published it (both locally, and to steam workshop privately - I don't want to make it public until I've been able to play through it myself). I see the mod in the "Manage Mods" list, but I don't have the option to run it in story or GM mode. Is there some step that I've missed to make this work?

old hand
old hand
Did you initially create the mod as an add on?

Depending on the type of mod you want to release, you have to make either an adventure project, or an add-on project:

Add-on:
Can be toggled on and off between play sessions.
Savegames keep working with or without any of them. Story changes get patched in/out when enabling/disabling add-ons.
Add-ons are generally projects that add new content to the game (like extra items, classes or quests) or change existing content (turn the Red Lizard blue).
Adventure:
You always start a new campaign (story and gm) for a specific adventure.
An adventure is fixed for a game session and savegames are specific to an adventure.
An adventure contains the story you will be playing and all content related to that story.

https://docs.larian.game/Working_with_projects

There's probably a way to fix it, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

M
mander Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Nope, it was created as an adventure, and appears in the adventures list under Manage Mods.

old hand
old hand
Are you trying to start the mod through the "manage mods" list?

Because there's a drop down to pick which adventure you want to play when you go to "story" on the main menu.

Last edited by SniperHF; 23/09/17 06:01 AM.
M
mander Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
No, that drop down is not showing my adventure.

Here's an imgur album with screenshots of what I'm seeing: https://imgur.com/a/kJxSV

apprentice
apprentice
In the editor do the following:

Load your project and level.

Go to storyeditor -> File -> Generate Definitions rebuid and reload.

Now it should be in your story dropdown on the main menu of the game.

Thats how far I got it to work, because after I launch my story it starts The Hold map of the origin story for some reason.

Good Luck!

M
mander Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
That did work for making the mod show up in story mode, but I still don't see it in GM mode. Anyone know how to make that work?

stranger
stranger
If you go into "project -> project settings -> general" make sure the "GM" button is pushed down.

Furthermore, you have to turn you desired levels into game master levels. go into "level -> edit level data..." Make sure to turn "Is Game Master Level" to true.

That is at least all that I did and that seemed to work.

Well, that and when you create a new campaign in game, you need to tick on which mods you will be using for that campaign, or none of the levels will show.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard