#620368 24/09/17 09:01 AM
B
BSE97 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hi,

I can't access Act 3, as soon as the Cut Scene is starting to play the Game always crashes.

I can't even load any save game outside the Main Menu, or the game crashes again.

I tried if this issue persists when I start a new game and it doesn't.

But I don't want to drop over 40 hours of progress and start anew.

Please help Larian.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have a Similiar issue, i cant access it too. I'm getting a error 302 code. I'm more or less Upset by now, this is my second playtrough because of some bug-whatever-shit.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Jeeeeezuz, i found the reason. On some Thread i red from a larian Employee that Error 302 Codes are mostly related to bugged items. So what i did was, i threw all of my Armor and Weapon items away. and Tada! The Act Loaded. I bet my last t shirt that this is somehow related to that "Multiple Sockets" bug some folks have encountered. Unfortunately i feel forced now to cheat a little because all of my Chars are goddamn naked, curse you larian xD

Last edited by Sorina; 24/09/17 02:29 PM.
B
BSE97 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Lucky you. I don't get any error message like this. The game only crashes directly to the desktop.
My save is probably corrupted.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Got exact same problem, it just crashes to desktop when it goes into cut scene. i have tried several things to try and fix it, but nothing have helped so far.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Still haven't found a fix for it, anyone else had some luck? don't feel like trying my luck with a new play through either.

B
BSE97 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Me neither. I really don't want to restart the game and risk this issue again.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I have the exact same problem. It seems connected to the "Cleaning up session" part that happens when you load a save (and I am guessing behind the first part of the cutscene).

Maybe it's connected to the item bug mentioned above since I have 3 items with two slots (one is crafted Armour of the eternals that i made after the last patch/hotfix. I don't know how to verify that though since I don't know how to get rid of the items (dropping them or selling them makes no difference).

I am almost 50h in and do not feel like restarting all over again.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Yeah me too. Been having the issue where I can't load a savegame from within the game (made the last few days playing a real pain), since perhaps level 10-11 Reapers coast. But I managed by alt-F4ing out as a workaround.

However, finally ready to move on from Reapers coast, and the game crashes to desktop every time I try to leave. It happens at the cutscene as Andylonium describes. His theory about cleaning up session matches my experience.

The game is absolutely epic... However, I really don't have the willpower to spend hours throwing away gear, reloading the game, to try and find out if it's an item causing it. And starting over is out of the question. There's not a snowflakes chance in hell I'm spending that many hours doing things over.

To be honest this gives me mixed feelings about the game. I have been amazed at how few bugs I've come across, then all of a sudden, there's a huge gamebreaking bug. How did this survive early access?!

B
BSE97 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I was hoping that todays patch would fix it somehow. But still nothing.
Not even a mention or answer regarding this issue, which more and more people are having, from the devs.

I was a bit disappointed in the beginning when I first reported this issue, but honestly im getting really pissed right now.

This game "is" amazing but I looks like I won't be able to play it properly for the next few weeks.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I noticed I have a few unique items which can't be added to wares (and can't be sold to vendor either), for example the captains compass. Some of these still have 2 runeslots, which I guess they shouldn't have anymore? Is there a way to destroy these items permanently to see if they are causing this mayhem?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi i am having same issue and still word from Larian why? i wanna play the gama again... exactly when i want to try go from act 2 to act3 Cuscene starts and game crashes.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Exact same issue here. I was able to get Larian to take my save file via email to support...and have had silence for days after that.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Could this problem be related to mod i use for 6 party members? cuz i tried reinstall game, turned off mod and kicked all other members and just left mine main character and game still crashes after. Even tried to drop all items and money and go naked to next act and it still not works.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Probably not. I had no mods installed at all.

B
BSE97 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Same here, I had no mods installed.
I'm also waiting since days for an answer from Larian as I had sent my save files to them too.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Any update Larian pls? will this be fixed in next patch pls? Thank you.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I had a nice guy from another gaming forum help me out. He had not experienced similar on his playthrough, so he tried my savegame. Same exact thing. So definitely related to the savegame itself and not computer issues. Not that I thought so anyway, but nice to have it confirmed. The game world of reapers coast has been broken in some way during my playthrough and the game can't handle it. Just for the life of me can't figure out what smile

D
stranger
stranger
D
Any update pls?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Any response from Larian pls?

D
stranger
stranger
D
The error i am getting is Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:
Program:
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application support's team for more information.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Can we get some Larian response pls? when is next patch which should fix this? or should we ask GOG or Steam to return our money for bugged product? Thanks.

B
stranger
stranger
B
My wife and I are having the same problem. Hers CtD and mine has Error 302. She's on Win 8.1 and I"m on 7.

I've noticed something similar in ours and I'd like to see if you guys have the same thing. When you go to Crafting, do you guys have five empty spots in the crafting inventory? Both of us do. Mine are inline and hers are scattered.

I dropped everything I had on Reapers Coast by the boat, then went back to Veangeance, and it still would not load. The only thing I have not tried is emptying the chest on Vengeance. It has all my unique items. So I will probably try to take all them and dump them somewhere and try to leave again.

From the timestamps, we can tell this happened around the time the hotfix thing came out. If you guys have a similar Crafting Inventory, go back through your saves and try to see when yours first started too.

*Update
We've had an interesting coincidence. Both of our crafting inventories messed up just "after" we saved the guy in the barrel. Strange Cargo quest. Would really like some feedback if you guys are having anything similar.

Last edited by bruticus0; 03/10/17 09:15 PM.
B
BSE97 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I checked that, but I don't have any empty spots in my crafting inventory.
But if I check in the Runes Tab, I can see that the equipment in there is scattered all across the place.
Maybe this could hint at some corrupted items, which affect the save.

But we would still need Larian to fix, or Answer to us. And I really don't believe that they will.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Just adding my voice to this thread - having the exact same problem. Can only load saves from main menu and cannot progress to Act 3 without an instant crash to desktop. Does anyone know if dropping a bunch of items, etc. worked?

Edit: I can say that it happened in blackpits too - before then, I was able to load from within the game, but I remember during the aeternal fight I could not.

Last edited by Minwa; 05/10/17 05:09 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I dropped every single item from all my players. Got all the way down to 1/2 fps next to the rowboat before I realized it. Then went and tried to leave again and it still errored on me. Selling as opposed to dropping items might work better, I don't know. The guys earlier said something about selling off stuff then killing the nPC you sold/gave them to. I haven't tried that one.

We lost three days on this bug. And the wife had to go back much farther than me. We have just quit playing becuz losing three days of playtime is discouraging as hell. Most people won't know they have this problem until they get ready to leave.

You can zip up your saves folder and send it to Larian support. Might help us get it fixed if more people report it.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Sorry but issue is not fixed with this Big Patch i dont even see it mentioned in patch notes anywhere.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/74n4du/patch_3_patch_notes46gb_udpate/

and i have no idea if its related to MOD or this is happening to players using no mods at all too.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Still getting same runtime error i though this patch gona fix it.

B
BSE97 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I'm not using any mods, and the issue is still present

M
stranger
stranger
M
So did anyone get a fix from this patch?

B
stranger
stranger
B
No nothing. From what I can tell, the patch today was flop. Causing more problems than fixing. Still haven't played since this bug personally.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I can confirm I just tried a gamut of things, still cannot access Act 3, same crashing issue. Larian, please!

A
stranger
stranger
A
No changes for me either...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Bump for the issue :(

S
stranger
stranger
S
Did anyone try to roll back to the previous game version?

M
stranger
stranger
M
The previous version didn't work either, so why would rolling back help? This has been an issue since release, regardless of patch version.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Rolling back would be nice. But my messed up saves are all on the hotfix before this major patch. And you can't roll back from before the hotfix and use a hotfix save.

The saves from before the hotfix will progress to the next act fine. I also added my first mod, a spirit vision one, a little before the hotfix also.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Any update Larian pls? stop ignoring the players already. Thanks.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same issue cant access Act 3 at all getting a 302 error.
Larian this is a global issue and needs to be looked into. Starting from a previous save really isn't an option for most of us.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Bump any update Larian pls?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Larian please give us a response, even if you don't have a good one, just so we know you are on to this.

Last edited by TopManager; 10/10/17 08:34 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
daily bump up and hoping for Larian response

B
BSE97 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
bump again

M
stranger
stranger
M
Still nothing... haven't been able to play for over a week now.

R
stranger
stranger
R
It's really disheartening yeah. Me and my brother stopped playing because of this bug. We can't progress further to the Nameless Isle which we were hoping we could do at least. But that requires the game to "clean up session" that ultimately causes the crash.

This happened to our save while we were organizing our inventory at the Lady Vengeance and buying stuff from Driftwood square. It was too late though when we figured it out and a lot of progress would be lost.

I started again on my own and have been able to manage to get all the way to the Nameless Isle without this happening, so it's not a guarantee that the save gets corrupted with us having this issue.

My inventory is alot smaller in the save which this doesn't happen, so the idea of a glitched item causing this can make sense.

I did a test though and sold every item which allowed me to a vendor and killed him destroying most items in the progress and that didn't solve anything. In that particular save I have items that seem to be stuck in wares and im unable to unmark them for some reason. Like that compass necklace for example.

I just hope that Larian is aware of this and don't have any clue what's going on or in worst case they can fix this from happening again but the save files are beyond redemption.

Either way, im just hoping for the best. Would be nice to see any response from Larian regarding this issue be it good or bad news.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Bump

S
stranger
stranger
S
bump up for my 4 men 40 hours co-op gameplay

Last edited by ssSora; 13/10/17 06:49 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Bump.. I have basically quit the game I have three different game playthroughs. Each game are different profiles/completely different saves.I have uninstalled the game for each playthrough. I wish I could get my money back seriously. P.S I dont use mods so you can toss that idea out. My first playthrough was 60 hours , the other 2 were like 13 hours each (Lone wolf Explorer Build easy mode just to see get there quicker). I'm halfway attempted to see if I can download someone elses Act 3 save - use the mirror to respec the characters and continue with the game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Bump... still no updates from Larian?

C
stranger
stranger
C
I emailed Larian Support and was told this bug should be fixed in the next big update (no ETA). They tested one of my save files that has the exact same issue described in the OP (I can load into the game once but any reload or load back to the menu causes a crash, which has led to me being unable to load Act 3 as it crashes almost as soon as the cutscene starts). I was told the bug was fixed on their current internal build so it's just a matter of waiting now.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Thanks for the update Clovis

C
stranger
stranger
C
Is the update out already...damn cant access chapter 3 either arghhhhhhh.....sometimes i wish i had tried the pirated version....damn you larian!!!!

C
stranger
stranger
C
bump

T
stranger
stranger
T
Issue fixed for me with the patch released today, thanks Larian! I just whished you said something sooner.

B
BSE97 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I can confirm it too. The issue has been fixed for me with this patch.

C
stranger
stranger
C
omg....finalllllllyyyyy.Thanks larian....its worth buying your game...Please continue and i will donate on your next kick starter....

M
stranger
stranger
M
still not fixed for me. i still crash everytime i get to the act 3 loading screen....

(not using any mods)

R
stranger
stranger
R
That's unfortunate Manking as the patch seems to have fixed the issue for the rest of us.

Does it only happen for you when you enter act 3?

Many of us were having issues loading/exiting to main menu after the initial load of save file.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Sorry...still not fixed for me too...cant move to chapter 3....damn you Larian!!!!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hi,

Mine skips to desktop when loading to capter 3....WHY????!!!! Spend so many hours to reach this level!!!

C
stranger
stranger
C
looks like i wasted my money...still crashing to desktop when complete chapter 2 and going to chapter 3...well....next game from larian for me will be from torrent i guess!!!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Nope, they fix nothing for me this patch. Still crash/eternal loading on every singe savegame.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hi all,

one of the recommendations worked for me...Niceeeee....
The second suggestion worked. Please try...

The transition to the Lady Vengeance works fine here, so it does not appear to be an issue in the save itself (pr at least not just in the save).

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls can cause conflicts (generally on startup or loading screens) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs can also caused issues.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\LevelCache' folder and delete the contents.

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, and switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference with the act transition.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).
Alternately, exit out of the Steam client, or Galaxy for GOG, and just start the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' executable when required.

Next, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam / Galaxy running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS 2, create a new profile and exit. Copy your latest save from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's ..\Savegames\Story folder. If that lets you load the save and get to the Lady Vengeance, move the rest of the saves over.
If that doesn't help, delete the new My Documents D:OS 2 folder and rename the original back again.

If the save still crashes, please reply with a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy) and check the '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin' folder for any CrashDump files (made since today's hotfix), and zip a couple together to reply with.

Raze

Last edited by carnby77; 28/10/17 02:18 PM. Reason: extra info
M
stranger
stranger
M
verifying local files fixed the problem for me.
seems like the last patch corrupted 1 file but the combination of verifying+ new patch fixed the bug.
ty carnby77!!!

R
stranger
stranger
R
OMG
I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!! BUT NOW IT IS FIXED!!!

What i did was to gather all the items IN my Boat Storage in a character then teleported him to Malady.
And the game was able to load Act 3 just fine!!!!

LARIAN THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH STORAGE ON LADY VENGEANCE!!! FIX IT!!!

P
Pai Offline
stranger
stranger
P
[quote=Rozaline]OMG
What i did was to gather all the items IN my Boat Storage in a character then teleported him to Malady.
And the game was able to load Act 3 just fine!!!!

LARIAN THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH STORAGE ON LADY VENGEANCE!!! FIX IT!!! [/quote]

This! After playing through the game till Act2 twice, this is the only solution that works for me!

Last edited by Pai; 03/11/17 12:18 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard