Next Thread
Print Thread
M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
so i know that mages can use the aptly named "teleportation", but this is designed more as an offensive spell than a means to transport allies (or yourself). besides spread your wings are there any mobility spells in the mage trees? or is it worth investing the scoundrel/huntsman/warfare point

for example, is shade shift a spell you can use or is it strictly only for enemies?

edit: forgot about planar gateway

Last edited by miaasma; 24/09/17 08:33 AM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
shade shift is solely for enemies, teleportation is a utility mobility spell, as is netherswap, used more for setting up a fight to your liking (manipulating friend and foe) instead of ending it with damage, though barrelmancy is still a thing. things like spread your wings, phoenix dive, cloak and dagger, and tactical retreat are purely mobility spells designed around re positioning to avoid or prepare a strike. Planar gateway is a utility spell that allows ease of movement rather than being a movement spell itself. lastly, chameleon skin supersedes them them all because cloaking technology.

Shadow Mages for lyfe.

kidding aside, there is no such thing as too much mobility. I'm running a ranger build with all 4 mobility spells, and it works a hell of a lot better than i thought it would. cant kill whats always out of reach, with play dead and chameleon falling in as back up.

M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
it just seems like having at least two of these abilities on a mage is crucial on higher difficulties because of how important high ground is in this game

it's too bad spells like void glide and shade shift are enemy only spells, but i'll invest in a ranger point or something

thanks for the help

T
stranger
stranger
T
So just for clarification (can't play yet): Can a character teleport himself?
Is there any relevant difference between the aeretheurge spell and the teleportation gloves in this regard?

C
stranger
stranger
C
[quote=Tomice]So just for clarification (can't play yet): Can a character teleport himself?
Is there any relevant difference between the aeretheurge spell and the teleportation gloves in this regard? [/quote]

Tactical retreat and Cloak and Dagger are self-teleports.

M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
so is phoenix dive

other than that, spread your wings allows you to fly to places you could otherwise teleport

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
You can cast Netherswap on your self.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard