Print Thread
G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
So I dragged a Container from Base Templates
[Linked Image]

But I have no idea what the following attributes mean, or how to assign specific treasure to the chest.

[Linked Image]

Activation Group ID
Activation Treasure Level
Active Level Override
Amount

How do these attributes work?

Then further down, there is another section that seems to relate to the actual contents of the chest

[Linked Image]

What is Treasure, and Treasure Level?

There is a number in [] , what's that for?

apprentice
apprentice
Treasure is what it sounds like, it's essentially the random contents of the container (the 1 in brackets just means there's 1 type of treasure in the container). The treasure level is the level of the treasure inside the container. To assign specific items you need to create the item in the level, and then you add it to the Items value of the container.

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
Thanks, I can add pre-created Treasure lists now.

Do I have to somehow set the number of items in the Treasure list? Because the Amount field can't be changed when I add a Treasure to the box.

For example, if I wanted to add 9999 Gold (just saying) or 5 poison potions in a stack, how would I do that?

old hand
old hand
Keep in mind that you can always add specific treasure to a container simply by adding it to the "Items" in the property list. I have a section on doors and containers in my Implementing a Basic Quest tutorial.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Gel214th
Thanks, I can add pre-created Treasure lists now.

Do I have to somehow set the number of items in the Treasure list? Because the Amount field can't be changed when I add a Treasure to the box.

For example, if I wanted to add 9999 Gold (just saying) or 5 poison potions in a stack, how would I do that?

Amount is unrelated to Treasure I think. You'll need to make a new treasure table that specifically has that amount of items. Open the stats editor, find the treasure table most similar to one you want, Right click it and make a derived version into your mod. You can set the amount of an item by, for example, changing 1,1 to 5,1 (or -5). Search for poison potions in the treasure table with ctrl + f.

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
What does 1, 1 stand for? What is X,Y ?

If one is quantity then what is the other one?

journeyman
journeyman
5 = the amount of this item to place in the container
1 = the likely hood of this item appearing in the container, I think.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard