Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
I am playing with one other person, and we each have an AI companion. Whenever dialogue comes up where every party member gets to voice their opinion, my 'avatar' character is skipped.

Example: [spoiler]In Trompdoy's dungeon, at the end with the soul jars, every single soul jar initiates a group dialogue about what should be done with it.[/spoiler] No matter which of us initiates the dialogue, my friend (the host) goes first. After he chooses his dialogue option it'll display it and his character will say it aloud. It then prompts me to voice my opinion, but as soon as I select an option it does not display it, does not voice it and skips directly to my companion's opinion, and when we hit continue it then voices my friend's companion's opinion.

This really sucks because it makes it feel like my character has zero say in the story or anything, like the game is just skipping over her existence in the narrative entirely. It is also a very repeatable bug: we have not had any instance since getting these companions where my character (Lohse) doesn't get skipped in the deliberation dialogues. This bug also occurred during early access (I was the Red Prince back then so I guess it's not a character issue).

Last edited by Vipericius; 17/09/17 10:34 AM.
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
You mean it ignores your choice or does the dialogue just immediately show the next response? In EA if you scrolled up in the dialogue it should've shown what your response was.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Yes! I am having the same issue with a friend of mine. We have been looking everywhere to see if anyone else is experiencing this. The voice of my friend's character sounds like they are about to speak and then skips it and goes straight to the non-player created characters.

Can we please get an official response on this?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Got the same exact issue. Sebille keeps stealing my main's thunder haha. Only way to stop it so far is either disbanding the NPC, or tucking them far away in those group dialogues. If you disband them, the problem returns once you hire them back.

Hope this issue gains some visibility. Took me a while to find people with the same problem I was having.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Same here, it basically goes along the lines of:

If there are three human players (PCs), and one AI companion: First person speaks and we hear the voice, second person speaks and we also hear the dialogue, third person selects his line but the game skips it and voices the AI dialogue.

It's the same thing for two PCs as well, whoever is going to speak last before the AI gets skipped over and it really feels bad, like your existence in the game is just removed. Sure you're there, and it shows your dialogue as being selected, but it just feels really bad for those who want to feel involved in the story.

This is also with or without mods on two completely different games.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Same problem here. It's infuriating. Any official response from Larian?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Haven't seen any response so far. Is there an official bug report submission thingy, or is this forum it?

Really hope this gets looked at in a patch. Makes my character feel like some whimpy mute :(

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
There's an official support email and my friend is packing up a couple of appropriate saves so I'm going to send those to them alongside a link to this thread. Should hopefully be enough to get them on the trail!

Last edited by Vipericius; 19/09/17 08:34 PM.
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
i thought this was by design..a design i didnt like still as designed

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Same thing happens here. Any fix yet?

S
stranger
stranger
S
There was an update today, but I didn't see any mention of it in the patch notes.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Sent a support email with an appropriate save file to Larian, hopefully get a reply soon!

Additionally, I've noticed that it doesn't require another player to be present in the game, just for there to be more than one 'avatar' character and at least one AI companion.

R
stranger
stranger
R
In the newest patch release from today, quote:

"Fixed several dialog flags"

End quote.

Did they fix it? I can't check until Saturday. Really appreciate if somebody could chime in.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
where are the patch notes?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Will they ever fix this? It's annoying. I don't wait to wait months before this crucial thing is fixed.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same issue in a file with 3 Player Avatars and 1 AI companion. We tested the bug by attempting to change the speaking order in Fort Joy Dungeon, under the Fort Joy Square waypoint.

After a fight surrounding a dying NPC, you get a key to unlock a nearby door. Opening this door immediately initiates a group dialogue and, as always, the character who speaks before the AI gets cut off as soon as they select their dialogue option and the AI instantly voices theirs. We created a quicksave right before this door.

The only "fix" we managed to find was our Host taking control of his companion to initiate the party dialogue. This allowed all of the Avatars to select their dialogue options and have them voiced successfully, but the AI companion says nothing.

The issue seems to be due to the fact that AI dialogue options are selected and voiced instantly. Players can cut off other players' lines by selecting their dialogue option too early/during the dialogue option that's currently being voiced.

Some possible fixes:

1. Force AI companions to always speak first

2. Disable AI dialogue (not great)

3. Add a (continue.) option while player dialogue choices are being voiced to prevent the AI from auto-skipping whoever ends up speaking before it

4. Find out why AI dialogue options being instantly selected and voiced functions the same as a player selecting their choice while the previous line is currently being voiced.

R
stranger
stranger
R
@Swigginz

Very insightful, thank you. Doesn't appear to be fixable, to be honest.

This is very saddening, since I love the voice acting.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I have this issue as well :/

S
stranger
stranger
S
Damn, still no fix? There has to be some way we can get a dev's attention on this.

R
stranger
stranger
R
any news on this?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard