Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
T
stranger
stranger
T
Yup, same here. Finnaly recieved it today and the code has already been used.
What a joke this is, doubt I'll buy from these again unless it is heavely discounted.

Originally Posted by vometia

I dunno, I suppose I find the whole thing rather parasitic: genuine collectors typically find themselves competing with professional scalpers whose "service" is to add some value in the form of a several hundred percent mark up before selling it on to the same people who wanted to buy it in the first place.

Well, that's my point... those profiteers wouldn't even bother, if nobody would buy from them at those highly inflated prices... the people who buy from them, are the ones supporting this practice and keeping it alive.

Last edited by The Centaur; 22/09/17 03:44 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by The Centaur
Well, that's my point... those profiteers wouldn't even bother, if nobody would buy from them at those highly inflated prices... the people who buy from them, are the ones supporting this practice and keeping it alive.

I guess "what the market will bear" is getting a bit philosophical, but I find the practice distasteful.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
I'm pretty disappointed that my shipment tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday. Does it take 3 days to fly a package across the pond? And I guess DHL just won't update me. For the price we paid, we should have end to end tracking. And my USPS account's Informed Delivery doesn't seem to be updated. So I have no idea if my package made it to the US, or when/if its going to be delivered.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Yeah, I called DHL and USPS yesterday, they have no idea where it is...So, I feel ya'.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Yep, my DHL status hasn't updated for almost 4 days now - and I'm in Europe. Beats me what is taking them so long. UK is further and far cheaper mail services (tracked or untracked!) usually delivers in 5 days to where I am. I won't be next week on the address it should be delivered - tough luck.
What's left to hope is that this "already used keys" case doesn't apply to most of the CE.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Just wanted to say: Goodluck to those who are already still waiting.
Today my package got deliverd while I wasn't home. I found a note: "We left your package in the garbage container outside due to the rain. The plastic one."

The package was dry, though I do wonder why the hell they left it in my plastic container..
Either way: The goods are awesome and code unused.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I wouldn't place too much emphasis on DHL's tracking: it seems that their website is always several days behind the times and even after it had been delivered to my home here in England it still said it was somewhere in Germany. Third party tracking tools seem to give a much more accurate picture.

Bit of a pisser that people are still waiting more than a week after the release date, though. frown Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by vometia
I wouldn't place too much emphasis on DHL's tracking: it seems that their website is always several days behind the times and even after it had been delivered to my home here in England it still said it was somewhere in Germany. Third party tracking tools seem to give a much more accurate picture.

Bit of a pisser that people are still waiting more than a week after the release date, though. frown Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Yeah, the DHL is usually always behind, but USPS shouldn't be. They're usually only behind the day of delivery.

Regardless, these issues shouldn't be in place in the 1st place. It's put a damper on my drive to play the game.

R
stranger
stranger
R
My Collector's Edition didn't have Steam Key in it and arrived 6 days after it was supposed to. Really disappointed.

I wrote Larian two support-tickets now.

I think the only thing I have left to do now, is to issue a chargeback on Paypal to get their attention.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Trillobyte
Yup, same here. Finnaly recieved it today and the code has already been used.
What a joke this is, doubt I'll buy from these again unless it is heavely discounted.

Same here too.
Late CE, and key already used ...
And no communication from Larian ...

Originally Posted by RealQi
My Collector's Edition didn't have Steam Key in it and arrived 6 days after it was supposed to. Really disappointed.

Did you have one of the Kickstarter CEs, or one of the 1000 pre-order CEs? Because only the pre-order CEs are supposed to have a Steam key in them... if it's a Kickstarter CE, then it's correct that there is no Steam key in it... then you already received your key on larianvault.com

Last edited by The Centaur; 23/09/17 11:49 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
So I contacted support seven days ago, never heard back from them. I haven't received any shipping information regarding my Kickstarter CE and have no idea if it'll ever even be shipped. I know I added my shipping information on June 30th (saved the email) so what gives? This is piss poor customer service but I'm not really surprised. Not after the entire console fiasco where you couldn't even coop with a partner for months after release. Update of any kind would be nice.

apprentice
apprentice
Anyone from the USA received their CE yet? Also are you a Kickstarter CE or one of the 1000 CE?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by eisberg77
Anyone from the USA received their CE yet? Also are you a Kickstarter CE or one of the 1000 CE?

I'm one of the thousand, in the US, haven't received it yet though based on the DHL and USPS sites I'm assuming it's left Germany. They seem slow to update though, so who really knows. I knew going in I'd have to be patient for the actual box, but I'm going to be pretty upset if the code is already in use as others have experienced. That kind of thing is pretty inexcusable considering the extra time, money, support and good will it's taken to try and get one of these boxes.

Will update here if/when I get mine. I have become a huge fan of Larian in a short period of time, and am generally a very patient and level headed person, but this could definitely have been handled better and takes my raging inner fanboy down a few notches if I'm honest.

Good luck folks.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T

I am in the U.S. (Tennessee) and I havent received mine yet, however it has finally made its way to the states and out of DHL's hands. THANK GOD!!!

The USPS has it now and its on its way from Atlanta to Tennessee. No idea when it will arrive but since it hit US soil I am getting updates, unlike with DHL.

BTW Took it 7 days to get from Germany to the U.S. Guessing they shipped it around the Horn for christs sake.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Townsendvol
BTW Took it 7 days to get from Germany to the U.S. Guessing they shipped it around the Horn for christs sake.

I order quite a bit of stuff from the US and it takes a really random amount of time to get to England. Some stuff takes just three days or so door-to-door but some couriers regularly take 10-20 days and I do wonder what they're doing. Looking at the tracking history it seems that anything that goes through Chicago international has a compulsory randomly-long wait of several days (and I've seen it described as "The Postal Black Hole") and some sorting centres seem to like to play ping-pong with packages: a recent one enjoyed a nice sightseeing trip as it went around New York state several times.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman

I am in the U.S. (Tennessee) and I havent received mine yet, however it has finally made its way to the states and out of DHL's hands. THANK GOD!!!

The USPS has it now and its on its way from Atlanta to Tennessee. No idea when it will arrive but since it hit US soil I am getting updates, unlike with DHL.

I'm in Switzerland 200km from german border and don't have received mine too well

My signed collector bike ; )
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
BoTTox Sorry, that makes no sense. I am just glad to be getting updates from USPS now.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
BoTTox Sorry, that makes no sense. I am just glad to be getting updates from USPS now.

He has a Hetzer, that's as much as you need to know. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard