Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Perhaps, with the new game release this isn't a good time to post and especially a strange one like this but ---- (there I go again)

did the Netherlander developers of this game slip a sort of joke into the music because I swear in one song, the refrain is, "Heineken, Heineken," dum dum dum dum dum. grin

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Given the amount of silliness in Divinity games, I wouldn't be totally surprised if the Belgians and their superior beers were having a laugh at the Dutch and their... Heineken. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
It's been many years ago but I spent a few years in Europe (Germany) and found (to my taste) the best beers were made in what was then the Czech and Slovak Republic. Don't tell my former German landlord! smile

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
If I'm in a lager mood I'd be inclined to agree: I don't have a huge amount of experience of German beers but other than the occasional weißbier I'm not really a fan. Perhaps it's the type of hops they tend to use. Having said all that, it's a bit like judging all English beers on the basis of John Smith's or something.

I'm more of a real ale girl myself, though I do like some of the Belgian fruit beers.

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
If you visit the USA, try any of the mid-sized breweries - they almost all use ale yeast because the start up costs of lager making are very high (refrigeration equipment - ale yeast works at higher temperatures). Well, a person has a real selection in these games, eh? smile

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I understand that the beer making scene has really moved on in the US: the last time I visited was over 25 years ago and I think the options were pretty much Miller Lite on the basis that it wasn't quite as offensive as Bud or Coors! That said, things weren't a great deal better in the UK at the time either.

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Yeah; the prohibition killed the art of beer making in the USA until not so long ago. Miller and Bud are still as bad as always.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard