Next Thread
Print Thread
O
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
O
1) Soul Transmutation

You gain one additional combat skill every 2nd level, but from now on you only gain 1 attribute point per level.

2) Corsair

Your attacks with daggers always backstab regardless of angle, even from the front, but your critical hit multiplier suffers a permanent -30% penalty

3) Master summoner

You can have 2 summons out at a time, but you can not deal any damage yourself and you suffer +20% extra damage from any damage taken.

4) Vengance

+1 max AP and +1 max AP recovery for every current dead party member

5) Spellsword

If you attacked this turn, your spells cost 2 less AP for a minimum of 1AP. If you cast a spell this turn your attack skills cost 2 less AP to a minimum of 1 AP. Both of these can only trigger once per combat round.

Last edited by Ouroboros226; 24/09/17 09:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm always interested to hear about more Talent ideas.

1) I think the term you meant was one additional Combat Ability. Interesting idea, but it's possibly a trap which could leave you drastically underpowered.

2) Another interesting one, but it's probably less good than just taking The Pawn.

3) The "deal no damage yourself" seems like it could be pretty crippling, if not just too limiting to be fun.

4) Very nice! That's a very interesting one!

5) Interesting, although the amount of potentially overpowered combos that could lead to might require further study.

6) Punchable Face - The opposite of Stench. This makes enemies much more inclined to target your character. Incompatible with Stench (and vice versa) fore obvious reasons.

Meant for tank archtypes. Maybe throw in a "Healing and buffs are 20% more effective on you" as well.

Some from the EA Talent suggestion thread:

7) Berserker - Under 50% health, as your health decreases, your damage increases.

8) Counter Strike - Dodging an enemy melee attack makes you automatically retaliate with a normal attack. Enemies can dodge or block this.

9) Shield Bash - (Requires a shield equipped) Blocking an enemy melee makes you automatically retaliate with a bash from your shield, dealing 50% of your weapon damage as crushing damage. Enemies can dodge or block this.

10) Demon (Revised) - (Requires Pyromancer 5) If Burning at the start of your turn, active skill cooldowns are reduced by 1 turn to a minimum of 0. If Wet, Chilled, or Frozen at the start of your turn, active skill cooldowns are increased by 1 turn.

11) Fully Charged - Requires Aerothurge 5. Incompatible with Glass Cannon.
Absorb electricity from clouds or surfaces - taking 25% of your maximum health as Piercing Damage (ignores armor) instead of being shocked or stunned - to gain 1 AP per surface cleared.

12) Reaper of Souls - Requires Necromancer 5
Killing an enemy grants you +X to your highest stat for Y turns.

... maybe more later, when I'm less tired.

addict
addict
Most of the talents up there have way to huge negatives. Idk about others, but I really wouldn't take em. Spellsword is the only one that doesn't have a huge downside like not being able to attack and having to rely on dead party members to get 1 extra AP.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by UnderworldHades
Most of the talents up there have way to huge negatives. Idk about others, but I really wouldn't take em. Spellsword is the only one that doesn't have a huge downside like not being able to attack and having to rely on dead party members to get 1 extra AP.

True, they do have big negatives, but I kinda like the idea of Vengeance, even though admittedly, you won't get anything out of it if you play well.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I really like the idea of Master Summoner and I figure with that you could probably still cause indirect damage via status effects and surfaces you've created/set alight. I would really like the following though, possibly as an addition to Master Summoner or possibly as another talent -

"Allies you summon will remain indefinitely, unless killed or replaced."

I'd also like to see something to bring the Incarnate and maybe the others summons that you can get through RP events in the game from the summoning tree up to the levels of the non-summoning summons since Bone Widow, Fire Slug and Artillery Plant in particular are annoyingly better than my a comparable level fully buffed up incarnate.

veteran
veteran
13) Sensitivity - Increases the duration of all status effects on you, both positive and negative by one turn. Incompatible with Walk It Off (for obvious reasons).

I like the idea of this Talent for a character who wants to buff themselves up. One problem with truing to run a self-buffer is that status effects don't last long and you only have so many AP per turn. It also has an inherent downside to balance it out with negative status effects lasting longer, and some of those can't be easily removed.

14) Zeroed In - Increase your damage by 10% per consecutive normal attack on the same enemy. Requires Huntsman 5.

Caps at +30%. Bonus carries over to next turns (Maybe a "Zeroed In" status icon). Saving AP or moving normally does not reset the bonus, but switching targets, fleeing the battle, using a skill (including racial and movement skills), special arrow, scroll, or grenade instantly cancels the bonus back to 0 (no bonus damage for those actions). (Killing the target also resets the bonus back to 0, but after the kill.)

15) Weapon Master - Once per turn, you can switch your equipped weapon for 0 AP.

A specialized Talent to be sure, but it could work for a specialized build.

16) Vengeful Shadow – 10% chance on taking combat damage, that a shadow will appear and perform an attack on the enemy who inflicted the damage, before disappearing again. Damage dealt scales with maximum hp.

17) Swift Fingers - On each attack you have 50% chance to steal a random consumable out of the target's pocket. Requires One-handed 3.

18) Surprise Attack Whenever you jump into direct proximity of an enemy your next normal attack (and only a normal attack) costs 0 AP. Requires Dual-wielding 5.

19) Lightning Rod - Immunity to Shocked and Stunned. Requires Aerotheurge 7.

20) Duelist - When equipped with a one-handed weapon and nothing in the offhand, gain 1.5 Movement per AP and 5% dodge. Requires Single-Handed 5.

21) You Shall Not Pass - Increases Attack of Opportunity range by 30% and regenerate 15% armor at the start of combat if character did not move in the previous round. Requires Opportunist.

I'll revive some more from the older EA thread when I have more time.

addict
addict
Those are some really good suggestions. But it's gonna be awhile before we can even Mod them in from what ive read in terms of the coding involved D:

C
stranger
stranger
C
Shield Bash yes will be nice skill for the tank! Shield Bash in my opinion - can throw back 2-3 enemies around the tank with 10% stun possibility

Last edited by cudar; 09/10/17 10:37 AM.
old hand
old hand
Quick Draw - You can change Weapons/Shield in combat at zero cost.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard