Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi actualy, we're playing with friends and we found the game to easy in the highest difficulty mods.

In my opinion you should release a Survival difficulty here are few ideas with the gamedesign

Carry less weight :

- Actually the game allows you to carry 100+kg per cher witch is realy too much and allows you to have 100+ potions and other consumable using a potion should be decided. the base carry should be only 25Kg this will provide a comfortable gameplay.

- That will help the player for doing choice of what stuff they carry. then put only 500 grams weight per Str points
That will make a Full force char able to carry +20Kg (45Kg in total ). In the other hand it will give interest to "télékinesis" witch will be the only way to move heavy items such as chests/barrels ( because they weight 65Kg ( actually I think they should weight 250+kg )

Give weight to gold that will force players to Spend or put they're money in the chest. 1000 gold = 1Kg should be a good introduction

Coming back to a village or a camp should be a necessary :

- when you sleep : the bedroll buff isn't realy good. Actualy, because it doesn't stay for a long time and you can't use it if an ennemy is close.

Maybe a solution would be to make a perma buff witch will be consumed at the end of the first fight.

- You should be able to save only in the shrines and beds witch will give an interest of both beds and shrines.

- You can teleport only from shrine to shrine and maybe add a teleport scroll to the nearest shrine. or the last shrine

- Disable Fast Save and load in this difficulty ( witch will be harder than what we have actually

- Change the bedrol only usable near a fire camp

- Allow players to build a fire camp with (ex : stone + Wood )

Allow players to spec ALL the points where they want :

- Actually you can't go down 10 points in every stats : I think it should be possible to have a mage with 0 dex and witness if they want.

( I tried to mod this but when I modified the stats to 0 the barrels turned invincible in game )

Add Timer to fights :

- NPC have Max 20 second turn but the player turn is unlimited in time :

The players should have the same thing that will firstly make the game more dynamic and will balance the game for players who build with hight AP reset

for exemple. : Glass canon + Elf racial + Adrenaline + Executioner + Skin graft + Elf racial + Adrenaline + Time Warp = 6+1+1+2*+1+2+4 = 16+ AP and make other players wait to long when in multiplayer.

The other cool thing with this is when a player who explore the game his side will be more dangerous because the other heros will not have the time to join him if he is too far.

Give interst to food and elixirs

Actually crafting a good potion or a specific food is realy hard ( and it's good enough in this aspect ). But the most of the time it's not a lot of interest to use a specific kind of food/drink/Elixir.

Those should be for the duration of an entire fight that means the player would use them before starting a fight :

the triger should be : a 15/20 minuts buff witch is spent after 1 or 2 fights. Same for food

The weapons AND armors should have Durability

- Actually I spend more than 80 hours in game and I never found in need of repairing anything.

make this hard as player have to regularly repair his weapons and armors this will introduce Maintenance cost

Make Zombies and undead respawn or revive after 2 or 3 hours.

This will keep a monster pool and some places should stay really dangerous.

With all this feature witch don't require to develop a lot of stuff this game will be THE Game.

Actually i'd try to keep this post up until i'll have an answer from a designer please community help me to make this real.

( In the other hand i'm motivated to build a mod like this if no issue can be found for making Larian doing it )

If some good ideas can be added while keeping in the mind that the game should be hard as well and fun.

Thank you per advance for you help

Last edited by Kairos; 22/09/17 04:55 PM.

If you don't have arguments, then just shutup and think about what you're gonna say
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Pillars of Eternity has those things right? Go play it.

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Violet Gekko
Pillars of Eternity has those things right? Go play it.

Nope Pillar of eternity is not the same thing. then actually I played it, actually I'm asking for new gamemod. not a Difficulty replacement. You still have the choice to have it ...

Then If pillars of eternity have some good features that means that divinity is not allowed to have some simal stuffs ?... what good argument.

And actually the gameplay I proposed is more based on Darksouls

Last edited by Kairos; 22/09/17 05:18 PM.

If you don't have arguments, then just shutup and think about what you're gonna say
veteran
veteran
The change to timers in battle completely ridiculous and does not fit at all in any way in a turn-based tactical game in which you're supposed to plan carefully, not be forced to do something because you're fighting a clock.

The change to make food/potion buffs last longer is actually good, though.

All these rest of the changes sound tedious and time-wasting to me, but if someone wants to make a mod for it, have fun.

veteran
veteran
We finally got rid of durability, we don't want it back.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Durability is total S8it logic why do you see your game being useful to play to bring it to a blacksmith after a battle and wait 4 day's for the blacksmith to fix it?. I would also like to advice then that your savegame would be unloadable for that duration of time why it's extra difficulty.

some times i would like to see for instance better timers on spells like bird wing why is it only 3 turns out of combat? it should then be like 10 or so. if afraid of exploit in combat just remove buff at combat begin

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Instead of gimping the player why cant they make boss fights more interesting than DPS armor down = win?

You know stuff from older final fantasy games where boss runs a sequence and you have to deal with each turns carefully, some of these happens later turns too. They used same type of difficulty for their FF14 too, i thought it was pretty good.

Last edited by Cyka; 23/09/17 01:57 AM.
Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Actually I wrote a post to give the option of the players who want to play with this mod to help build it. I don't force anybody doing this.

What's the goal doing this ? please if you wanna answer this post do it in the optic to help. in fact I don't give a shit about arguments like : "If you don't like the game play something else".

I Like the game i just wanna play it with differents rules. that means if someone want to help this project welcome for the others 'I don't give a shit about the you shouldn't do it" this game is based on an idea. dont cut the ideas of people who want to create new stuffs.

Z
banned
banned
Z
This fool.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kairos
Actually I wrote a post to give the option of the players who want to play with this mod to help build it. I don't force anybody doing this.

What's the goal doing this ? please if you wanna answer this post do it in the optic to help. in fact I don't give a shit about arguments like : "If you don't like the game play something else".

I Like the game i just wanna play it with differents rules. that means if someone want to help this project welcome for the others 'I don't give a shit about the you shouldn't do it" this game is based on an idea. dont cut the ideas of people who want to create new stuffs.

Well, you did ask the Devs to spend time and resources to make it. So I think it's fair for others to disagree that this idea is something they would like to see the devs doing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not interested.

journeyman
journeyman
Most of the suggestions are not interesting at all.
If you want to play it like that - make a mod yourself, play it.
Asking the devs? meh.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
We finally got rid of durability, we don't want it back.

Yeah, it was unpopular and annoying. Removing it was definitely the right sort of streamlining as it was just effort for its own sake.

And as much as I'm not actually a fan of turn-based games, I'm not keen on the timer idea which seems to bring the worst elements of real-time and turn-based together.

Where weights are concerned, I prefer to think of them as "arbitrary units of encumbrance" and wouldn't get too hung up on the numbers: otherwise everything else is also going to need to be factored downwards so it's more realistic and the amounts will probably stay the same, just with different numbers.

I actually like things that add to the game but I'm not keen on unnecessary grinding. I'm not trying to be overly negative; for example, for me personally I like "added realism" things such as making eating, drinking and sleeping a necessity but other gamers are less keen that sort of thing so I don't think it should really be added except as an option or a mod. I think it's better to concentrate on something that actually adds something like crafting, building up one's skills and so on rather than something that takes away, such as equipment deterioration.

J'aime le fromage.
Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok then, this kind of answers are better than "Pillars of eternity has those things go play it" I mean I understand.

Thanks for reading, i'll try to mod this even my skills are not fantastic.

Imo, doing this is what makes you play a real rpg, everybody says that Divinity is a game like paper rpg. but actually. if someone can explain me

- why you can teleport from everywhere
- Why did they added pyramids if it's so easy to teleport
? what's the point with this item
- why your armor never breaks,
- why you can take 60 years to play your turn i'll be ok.
- why player never sleep ? even the are godwoken during the most of the game they still mortals and mortals.. Sleep, Eat and drink.
- why i can handle from 100 to 400 Kg in you backpack ?
- what is the point with backpacks ?

Actually when you're in combat the game don't stop. that means if you are 30Km away from the fight you can join him meanwhile his just looking monsters without playing during X minuts...what a stupid idea to make a fantastic game witch don't give any chalenge.

As vometia said,

I think it's better to concentrate on something that actually adds something like crafting, building up one's skills and so on rather than something that takes away, such as equipment deterioration.

It think it's fine to add content. When I said introduce repairing armors I never talked about grinding, Same for food and Elixirs... Then Imo THIS should be added with mods because actually you have all the tools for doing this with the divinity engine

I was just talking about making them usable before the fight actually if you don't like timers and like tactical why are you ok with the fact that a Str potion stay only 3 seconds when you're out of fight.

When I was talking about timer, I was thinking about something like 20-30 seconds per char witch is really long to spend 6/8 AP. and force you to have strategic moves but fast. I'ts a turned based,

Turned based CAN have a timer and the most of time it's better when you play with other players. because some take really a long time to play one turn

- Where is the fun looking someone else ?

Then Yes I'm asking devs to do some stuffs because I like the game and I want it to give the option to play like this. Actually we don't have the tools even for doing this our self with a mod.

Then I'll feel free to ask devs doing this because the game was build like this,

Don't joke with me when you said ressources are limited this game sold 500 000 copy of the game. then please give better arguments

Remember that it's a crowdfunded game, then that mean even the idea of making it had to fight what video games industry does the most of time.

Now if you have something to propose it's ok, but if it's not the case to be honest I really don't care about your answers. If you just want to talk for nothing but saying we shouldn't do this... it's the same I don't give a sh*t.

Now if a gamedesigner can answer to all the question why he did this kind of choices then I'll understand why we should do this. Thank you !

Last edited by Kairos; 25/09/17 09:58 AM.

T
T
you must be fun at parties.. smile

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by TsunAmik

Actually I'am, yes thank you.

Some arguments or you like to waste your time ? do you even go at parties ?

Last edited by Kairos; 25/09/17 10:24 AM.

T
T
Nah, just spending some time reading very long walls of text which sound like they don´t even belong into this game, but some realistic game like Kingdom Come Deliverence or smthng... =)

Sil Offline
apprentice
apprentice
There's a million 'early access crafting survival' games with hunger and zombies. Don't turn divinity into one.

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sil
There's a million 'early access crafting survival' games with hunger and zombies. Don't turn divinity into one.

Where Did you see Survival zombie ? Actually they are some zombies and undead the point with this is they don't respawn. Actually in one of my gamesaves everybody is dead... it became boring. but if they can comeback to life as undead it will add a new way to play the game.

Saving on fire camp it has been used in many RPG, Eating gives you buffs witch are optionals... stop beeing moronic thinking something else.

And yes the argument "If you don't like it, then play something else"
Thats like you ask salt on a good meal and the waiter say to you go eat somewhere else... Then now I've no problem to say to this kind of answers " Go f*** your self" smile

is what Divinity actually ? it's 3D isometric RPG, there are some immersion aspect that a little bit of realism can bring.

What's the point doing this don't force you to play in this mod. As you will have the choice to play exploration, Clasical, tactical, and Honorable, you have the choice to play Survive. If you think i'm bothering someone with my request, think that you're bothering me because I can't play the game the way I want.

Keep thinking, more option = More choice = more players who find what they want in this game = then it will be sold for a more large pannel of players, then the studio keep provide game that community ask for as I do.

Last edited by Kairos; 25/09/17 11:21 AM.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by TsunAmik

yeah he obviously is the self centered entertainer type who can't sit still for even one second to watch others.
Probably never passes the ball in basketball or soccer either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard