Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Nothing yet, I sent the support email with appropriate documentation/saves on I believe Thursday. I'm sure they have a massive backlog.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hope they can do something about it.

S
stranger
stranger
S
There seems to be some issues with party dialogue in general :/

We managed to get another member and start a 4 person file in order to avoid the AI auto-skip issue. This worked for a short time...

We suddenly started to run into an issue where *nobody's* dialogue would actually be voiced during party deliberation. Everyone would select their option and the game would immediately skip each voice line.

Unlike the AI dialogue bug this is very difficult to recreate and seems entirely random.

This is really frustrating and depressing because the voice acting in this game is superb (especially the Origin characters). Even though you can read and select your dialogue it leaves you feeling empty; like your characters aren't actually impacting the story or sharing their thoughts.

R
stranger
stranger
R
bump. Please, Larian, fix this. It's immersion-KILLING.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Same problem here man, for some reason it keeps skipping... i hope larian fix this

W
stranger
stranger
W
In a game where a lot of time was [clearly] spent on quality voice work, it's frustrating to see such an easily reproducible bug go unaddressed - has Larian even acknowledge the existence this issue?

I sincerely hope this bug is fixed in the next release.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Wruin
In a game where a lot of time was [clearly] spent on quality voice work, it's frustrating to see such an easily reproducible bug go unaddressed - has Larian even acknowledge the existence this issue?

I sincerely hope this bug is fixed in the next release.

Agreed without comment.

R
stranger
stranger
R
New patch is out. Can anyone confirm, if it has been fixed? Again I can only test this in a day or so. (work)

Patch-Notes:

"Fixed several issues with nodes in dialogs not playing voice file"

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Not fixed yet, but as of this afternoon, after the patch came out, I got a reply from Larian thanking me for the report. I can only take that to mean that it's officially on the radar for a potential next update. There is hope!

R
stranger
stranger
R
Thanks for your work, man. (sending them the bug report etc.)

R
stranger
stranger
R
did they fix it?

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Just updating this thread to say that as of the last patch it is still an issue.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have played over 500 hours with my wife (Both of us with controllers). This problem has existed since day 1 of release. Back then we only got my dialogue (As Player 2) and both companion dialogues.

A few months ago we suddenly thought it was fixed, but alas, now we only got Player 1's dialogue, mine got skipped completely.
Without any companions in the party it works fine.

We're about to start up a new campaign soonish and it would be awesome to experience the game with dual dialogue.

Would love to hear from Larian if it's something they're aware of and the scale of the problem.

P
stranger
stranger
P
This bug is really immersion-breaking, it always happens to a player and skips his dialogue.. it really sucks and personnally, i feel like it's refund worthy so i truly hope larian are working on it as the game has been released for a while

Are there any known fixes for it? Mods, settings, files or upcoming patch notes?

Support
Support

This will be fixed in a future update (no ETA). I don't know of any workarounds.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
That's great to know, thank you for the update! Would it be fair to say the fix is aiming to be out by the time the Definitive Edition releases?

Support
Support

Yes.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Still having this issue after the Definitive Edition's release. PLEASE fix it, it makes playing this co-op with my boyfriend incredibly frustrating. I am playing as Lohse and my dialogue is being skipped for my freaking quest line.

The NPCs, controlled by us, have a forced (continue) option to make it go to the next player in these dialogue, please patch it so that it simply does so for player characters too. Easy fix.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Would it be possible to get an update on how the fix is coming along? ^^ I really want to start a new playthrough, but if the fix is coming soon I'd rather wait until that's out so I can hear my character (Lohse) as much as possible!

M
stranger
stranger
M
We're still having this issue as well, and it really dampens the fun of the experience for us. I really hope you guys are still looking at this. I would rather have player dialogue play than listen to the npc companions if it came to that!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard