Next Thread
Print Thread
N
norD Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
N
If you missed them you want to have a look, here are the list from everyone point of view.

Matt: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/141398805
Jesse: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/141398703
Dodger: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/141401106
Strippin: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/141399516
Bikeman: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/141450325

Have fun. smile

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I had a blast watching this.

It was a great showcase of the GM mode.
Looking forward how it will develop in the future!

journeyman
journeyman
Sadly the players itself were more cringy than funny or dedicated to the roleplay. Was a pain to watch the stream but the insight into the DM mode was worth it.

Can't wait for the release and more videos.

old hand
old hand
Heh, I thought it was about 80% funny and 20% cringy. Certainly wasn't much in the way of personal censoring.

It did reveal how little control the GM had at times to keep players from running all over the place and looting everything, but that's the nature of the game in general. More experienced (with DOS2) and cautious players with a bit more of a punishing GM would probably lead to a more watchable and less chaotic experience. I also hope if there's another stream it has a bit more powerful of characters (level 4-5) with more skills so the combat is a bit more diverse. The combat was surprisingly boring to watch since each character only had like 3 skills. Was hoping the players would try and roleplay more combat stuff like throwing those demons off the bridge onto the salamander below.

I
stranger
stranger
I
The players running all over the place and looting everything is part of the uniqueness of a tabletop RPG in a videogame setting.

An example I'd give is the fact that while the dwarf was talking to the slimes, the elf went behind them and looted the crypt, causing the slimes to attack immediately.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Intigracy
The players running all over the place and looting everything is part of the uniqueness of a tabletop RPG in a videogame setting.

An example I'd give is the fact that while the dwarf was talking to the slimes, the elf went behind them and looted the crypt, causing the slimes to attack immediately.

It's not a big deal, and can definitely lead to funny situations, but it can get a bit old or not fit a slightly more serious story. Just something GMs and players will have to agree on for a given story.

Another thing that kind of stood out to me was the judicious use of resurrect scrolls. That's part of the arcadey aspect of the game of course, but it did feel out of place in a GM'd session, like there wasn't a huge amount of consequence to anything except a full party wipe. Not sure what an alternative would be other than simply removing scrolls from the game. Given how easy it can be to just randomly die, not sure if that would play well. Maybe if the players got a big boost to their health, they'd really have to screw up or face a tough enemy to die.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lyrhe
Sadly the players itself were more cringy than funny or dedicated to the roleplay. Was a pain to watch the stream but the insight into the DM mode was worth it.

Can't wait for the release and more videos.

Yeah a lot of what I felt as well. Not exactly Critical Role, but I am very pleased how everything looks.
Divinity Original Sin 2 is such a complete game. They have so much in one solid game, reminds me of Warcraft 3.

apprentice
apprentice
Like others, I want to see the ability to stop players from just running amuck looting everything but I guess a simple request from the GM ahead of time might stop players from doing it unless they are role playing a clepto-thief or something. sq

I get that this was a showcase of what you are able to do with the GM client and it did a fantastic job of that by showing it off with one of, if not THE most popular DMs known today and a couple of quality voice actors so I didn't expect too much seriousness, I can forgive the silliness.

I'm going to have so much fun with this game.

Originally Posted by Chili1179
Like others, I want to see the ability to stop players from just running amuck looting everything but I guess a simple request from the GM ahead of time might stop players from doing it unless they are role playing a clepto-thief or something. sq

I get that this was a showcase of what you are able to do with the GM client and it did a fantastic job of that by showing it off with one of, if not THE most popular DMs known today and a couple of quality voice actors so I didn't expect too much seriousness, I can forgive the silliness.

I'm going to have so much fun with this game.

I think a simple request that the players treat the session the same as if they were playing in a tabletop game should suffice. I don't think there would be a feasible way in game to do this. If you're playing with friends it should be relatively straight forward. If playing with randoms, you're probably just going to have to adapt to it or kick people.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
This is an easy issue to solve.

1. Family of dragons flies over head.

2. Find new players.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey I was wondering if anyone heard if they had fixed the 5 player custom campaign crash yet?

apprentice
apprentice
I had this problem attempting to do this in NWN. It is sort of "hard-wired" into us now when you see an isometric RPG to go Diablo style. As a DM I would give some lenience at first but then explain that you are going for the same thing as a regular PnP game and that the consequences will be similar for outright murder-hoboing around.

(Also as I said downstream, without more than 4 players a session, this will die on the vine unfortunately)

E
stranger
stranger
E
Great showcase video. I have watched it a few times now.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard