Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
He is shown to be wielding a staff and a Sword in the game manual. What class can do that?

journeyman
journeyman
No class can do that, simply because staves are 2handed weapons.

Fane should be a caster : back when he was more... "meaty", he was a scholar.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by CollaSama

Fane should be a caster : back when he was more... "meaty", he was a scholar.

I disagree.
A scholar does not directly imply magic user.

A bookish rogue fits him really well for instance.

He is what you choose he is for your playthrough.
Any class can fit into the scholar trait.
(which might be why he is shown with several weapons and not just a staff)

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
His original class is wizard

journeyman
journeyman
You do realize that the origin characters have their own set class but you can change it however you like.
Ifan - Wayfarer
Fane - Inquisitor
Sebile - Rogue
I forgot the rest. But their class is the one you see in their Origin Soty video , the one in character creation menu.

The best class is the Jack of all Trades
A
stranger
stranger
A
Red Prince - Fighter
Lohse - Enchanter
Beast - battlemage

T
T
Waaait a minute, I am pretty sure when I accepted Fane in my team, his base preset was wizard, not Inquisitor Oo

F
stranger
stranger
F
[quote=TsunAmik]Waaait a minute, I am pretty sure when I accepted Fane in my team, his base preset was wizard, not Inquisitor Oo [/quote]

Yeah, it depends on what you look at. For Fane's introduction scene in character creation you see him wearing the set that inquisitors begin with. Once in game, as a companion, I think he defaults as a wizard. Could just be that the introduction used the inquisitor's armor because it looks like it fits him better. It does not display a weapon.

I'm playing through with Fane as my avatar and have him currently set to shadowblade. Aside from class, I think he is a pretty awesome character and any magic class would likely fit him pretty well thematically. Keeping in mind that restoration spells will hurt him.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Fonjo
Keeping in mind that restoration spells will hurt him.

The amount of times I forget this never ceases to amaze me. Still, it adds interesting wrinkles to combat smile

I am tempted to turn off screen shake because of all the poison he'll gladly walk through mind you.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I think it is funny that when *you do a spoilery thing* in the game and the ground is blessed at times, you take damage as Fane from the surface. In my case he is the main character and also the one that triggered the events that are supposed to reward him. Turns out he will melt in the holy light instead.

A bit frustrating but I figure it was an easier solution than replacing it with a poison field if your avatar is undead, thus killing his friends; or adding a new type of healing that heals any friendly character regardless of race/tag.

The Lore book and his background make him sound like a Shadow blade.

He's mysterious, prefers to blend in and not be noticed. Moves with "speed and grace" according to the lore book, and is a scholar and mystic. Gameplay wise he can pick locks without the need of a lockpick, and he has a aggro dump ability.

Sounds like a shadow blade to me.

Y
Y
An infiltrator rogue with very high Lore so that he can use magic scrolls and items... though OS2 is not that kind of game.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard