Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hi! I found all of the 3 altars in reaper's coast, and I don't know what to do next. It seems the quest gets canceled when you move on to the next chapter, so I guess there's something that I did not see. Can someone help?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Noone really know yet, but i guess its connected with the Altar near Jahan.

This altar looks exactly the same as three previous but it needs to be activated somehow, i guess noone figured out how yet.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Well the altar in cloisterwood is related to Mordus' basement and the lich quest, so that isn't it.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I think it's a bug. I prayed at all 3 altars and nothing happened too. The quest updated saying I prayed at 3 altars but it did not complete frown

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
3 altars are not everything because even if you pray at 3, if you go to Nameless Isle its status goes to "Closed" and says "we will never findout what was about these voices" or something like that, there must be something more to that.

C
stranger
stranger
C
When I found the third altar there was an elemental that I had to talk to. We went through dialogue and then we fought. I killed the elemental and then did the prayer and nothing happened. I'm wondering if the Elemental was supposed to trigger after the prayer?

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
I thought the altar said you should rest after you visited all of them?

T
T
Same with my game, the quest log updated with something about the voice getting stronger, but the quest is not closed, there must be more to it.

The elemental (? abomination more like) is "just" a guard I think. That thing is made from the stuff of nightmares. *shudder*

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by HybrideZalm
I thought the altar said you should rest after you visited all of them?

I sort of rested. I used the bedroll. Didn't do anything though.

M
stranger
stranger
M
What to do next is something no one's discovered yet. After praying at all 3, your journal hint tells you its time to rest (as the voice said). But after praying at all 3 and going to act 3 you get "you never did figure out what was with those voices"

wish people would stop assuming its a bug when theres zero evidence of that, probably just a super cryptic quest. we as the community can have a lot of fun trying things out and figuring out whats going on. same with the dog mentioning the memorial smelling like void fish.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by MrPillow
What to do next is something no one's discovered yet. After praying at all 3, your journal hint tells you its time to rest (as the voice said). But after praying at all 3 and going to act 3 you get "you never did figure out what was with those voices"

wish people would stop assuming its a bug when theres zero evidence of that, probably just a super cryptic quest. we as the community can have a lot of fun trying things out and figuring out whats going on. same with the dog mentioning the memorial smelling like void fish.

Well to be fair there is a lot of broken quests and stuff, so it's not too far fetched to assume it's bugged. And still no communication from Larian on topic of quests that are actually confirmed bugged is disappointing.

M
stranger
stranger
M
bump

did anyone ever figure out the solution to this quest?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Interestingly, if you activate the later with another character, it will give a dialogue that says "The Altar waits for Someone". I'm wondering if there someone to bring to it. It is somehow related to Ryker and so I am curious about the connection between those two areas.

Originally Posted by SaltySnack
Interestingly, if you activate the later with another character, it will give a dialogue that says "The Altar waits for Someone"...

The "someone" is your main character. Only the main character can interact with them.

These 3 altars connect to God King / the void. There are 2 hints, one is at the deers altar. If you attack/damage the normal ones, you will see them turn to voidwokens also. There are a bit more hint in the dialog if Fane is main.

Last edited by jsiu.dev; 15/01/21 03:36 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I don't think was ever bugged and moving the quest to The Eternal Quest Chronicles clarified it if you paying attention. Firstly it becomes clear it part of the covenant story thread. Secondly the third altar simply does not apply to us, we have barely begun journey and have not given much at all. There are four heroes in cemetary raised by the covenant that it fits perfectly and that quest is called heroes rest. The covenant is clearly mentioned in opening of this quest and if you give them rest you complete the quest.

Just my opinion but it fits the covenant story line and ties the altars into the storyline perfectly.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard