Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Thanks for your dedication to the tool, Celludriel.

I seem to have a workflow that gets consistent success now. I don't know which of these exactly resolves my former issues, but I was able to make a good 6-7 maps in a row this morning. Things I am doing:

1. Create a new level with only one terrain and save.

2. Always choose a normal 'exit' from the editor. I was in the habit of choosing 'force exit' from the extended period of time when the editor would hang and crash from a normal exit but that seems to be mostly resolved at this point.

3. Run the heightmap tool in administrator mode.

4. Fill-in the bitmap file first and editor terrain second.

My guess is that #2 in the list is the real difference maker. You can see some built-in source control stuff going on when saving a level and perhaps there is some kind of internal locking happening that does not get released when you force exit from the editor.

I do still get crashes when attempting to import heightmaps with a level size of 10x10, but since that is too big for my needs anyway, not a problem for me.

Thanks again, this tool is a huge help to me.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
B
stranger
stranger
B
It took me a while to figure this out but it seems to work for me. Nice tool! I'll be using it.

How trivial would it be to make it work the other way around? I'm trying to get the DOS:1 maps into DOS:2. There's probably an easier way to do that, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Last edited by Bugsby Bearkeley; 12/11/17 08:08 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard