Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#621354 25/09/17 07:42 PM
D
D00med Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Is there anyway the game could be modded so source points would refill after say every hour or so? It's just the current system of travelling back to source points and wherever you were is pretty tedious. Obviously I would like something balanced, just enquiring about the possibility of it.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
You're supposed to use Source Vampirism to refill your source points. So after a battle, or just before a battle there are usually corpses lying around.

It's meant to balance out the Source skills by controlling how many times you can use them, and making you think whether you want to use them in this fight, or wait for a boss battle.

old hand
old hand
I basically agree with what Gel said.

But if you don't care about that, it's pretty darn easy to do.

Code
IF
TimerFinished("TimeOfDay")
AND
DB_IsPlayer(_Player)
AND
CharacterGetSourcePoints(_Player,_SourceAmount)
AND
_SourceAmount < 1
THEN
CharacterAddSourcePoints(_Player,1);

The above would check every 5 minutes ("TimeOfDay" runs every 5 minutes) to see if the players had 0 source points. If they had 0, it would give them a free one.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SniperHF
I basically agree with what Gel said.

But if you don't care about that, it's pretty darn easy to do.

Code
IF
TimerFinished("TimeOfDay")
AND
DB_IsPlayer(_Player)
AND
CharacterGetSourcePoints(_Player,_SourceAmount)
AND
_SourceAmount < 1
THEN
CharacterAddSourcePoints(_Player,1);

The above would check every 5 minutes ("TimeOfDay" runs every 5 minutes) to see if the players had 0 source points. If they had 0, it would give them a free one.

I guess this could be edited to give regen to all 3 source points?

old hand
old hand
Indeed. And in such a case you'd also just remove the GetSourcePoints and _SourceAmount < 1 part because if you just want to fill them up, you don't need to worry about it.

There is one other flaw with the script in that, if you were in the middle of combat the timer would still be running. So you could have your points refiled mid combat.

Last edited by SniperHF; 26/09/17 05:51 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard