Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jhex Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
... Never Use That Skill. Sorry, title's apparently too long. Larian, I love you to bits, and I love your games to bits, but your forum is completely atrocious. I wonder how many attempts I'll have to go through to post this, I don't know whether or not my BBCode will work, and I don't even know whether "the maximum editing time [will be] exceeded". Seriously. Fix your forums. Migrate them to something better.

Back on topic now: Reactive Shot
When I first decided that my Ifan will focus on Ranged, I had a wistful thought: "I wish I could set "Overwatch" with my ranger. How useful would that be?" It never was in the first game, so I didn't expect it here. (And of course, I knew there wouldn't be Squadsight in this game either, but the height advantages here are better.)

Imagine my surprise and immediate joy when I saw a Reactive Shot skillbook. Oh, my, oh, my. Not only was this Overwatch, it was Kill Zone! It would've been brilliant!... Except...

Reactive Shot NEVER WORKS!
I've cast it on a choke point to funnel enemies into the reaction zone. It never triggered.
I've cast it around a flank, to discourage foes from entering that area. The enemies go straight through the kill zone, and it never triggered.
Enemy marksmen cast it all over the place, and no movement has ever triggered it. (Except on one of the paladins in the Bridgehead, who somehow managed to trigger it, and I'm not quite sure how.)
The only time I managed to get Reactive Shot to trigger was when I cast it on two enemies who stood right inside the circle. Both of them walked right out of the circle, Reactive Shot triggered on one of them.

Does anyone actually know how this skill works, and what exactly the triggering conditions are, or should I just stop wasting my memory slot on it? It'd be a pity if it's bugge(re)d, considering it's a splendidly useful ability to have.

A
A
i dont know for sure as i dont play archer... but does it perhaps have an armor/magic armor mitigation? that might be a reason why.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Dunno, in my game it works perfect even when enemy have full physical/magical armor.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I guess you have to do proper positioning first. Make sure when you cast it, you're in the right spot, and by right spot I mean be in range of your basic attack. It works well, but you need to always be in range for normal attack to trigger it properly. Also im not sure but probably it works only on enemies who cross circle border of this skill from the outside (not sure about this tho), not the other way. Things like smoke may probably also block it due to obscuring your vision so be aware of fire in shot range.

1. Position yourself - check basic attack range first, (also check it always when you change position of your archer.)
2. Place it in a spot where you think enemies will cross it on the way
3. Profit

Last edited by lukig; 27/09/17 01:16 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard