Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sweep Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
"Smash your weapon into the ground, knocking down non-allied characters in front of you, and hitting them for 90% damage. Also clears non-cursed surfaces and clouds."

Ok, playing 4-player co-op with friends. They swear I am damaging them when I target nearby foes. I figure other status affects are hurting them but they are blaming my Battle Stomp for the damage. Who's right? :)

-Sweep

addict
addict
It doesn't hit allies. If it does then my allies would be knocked down multiple times because of the damage it deals compared to the kind of armor we can have.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I observed something similar back on release and unfortunately I cannot test it at the moment. Is it possible that the Battle Stomp is causing the surface to "tick" it's damage on any character within it whether it is removed or not?

Last edited by Toazd; 27/09/17 03:34 PM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
It does not damage allies, it should imo, but as intended it does not. Could be a bug i suppose. Best way to know is to check your combat log, it will say for certain if your stomp damaged so and so or if they were hit by burning, etc.
*little box on the bottom right toggles combat log*

A
A
the battlestomp alone doesnt do damage... but it causes the surface to tick its final tick right away as it clears (can even cause explosions... ive seen it happen)

apprentice
apprentice
It makes my screen shake. And it hurts my soul...

!DO IT AGAIN, DADDY! laugh *bounces up and down*

Last edited by Forgy; 27/09/17 10:12 PM.
They're not taking physical armor damage, that should tell you right there. The damage itself is a giveaway; Battle Stomp does way more damage than a tick from environmental effects. And lastly, the combat log should give you an answer.

Long story short, no. You're not directly hitting them with it.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I have no idea.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It absolutely does not hit party-members.

It can hit allied NPC:s, because sometimes they don't seem to be flagged properly.

You can almost always see if something is getting targeted by whether they get an outline or not. Things that are outlined will get hit by the effect, while things that are not outlined will not.

Honestly, the fact that Battle Stomp does not hit allies is probably part of the reason why it's so insanely powerful. If it did, it would be a lot harder to use.

I really wish that we could adjust the arcs of certain skills and things like grenades, and the range of certain AoE skills, especially since there's things that extend ranges, but I guess it wouldn't work with controllers, so we're SOL.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Luckmann
It absolutely does not hit party-members.

It can hit allied NPC:s, because sometimes they don't seem to be flagged properly.

You can almost always see if something is getting targeted by whether they get an outline or not. Things that are outlined will get hit by the effect, while things that are not outlined will not.

Honestly, the fact that Battle Stomp does not hit allies is probably part of the reason why it's so insanely powerful. If it did, it would be a lot harder to use.

I really wish that we could adjust the arcs of certain skills and things like grenades, and the range of certain AoE skills, especially since there's things that extend ranges, but I guess it wouldn't work with controllers, so we're SOL.

I was under the impression that we could that with modding. I'm reasonably certain that I could override certain parts of skills like the friend/foe part of Battle Stomp.

Last edited by Ranik; 05/10/17 09:48 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Irrelevantly, I really need to mod my game to rename this to Floppy Boot Stomp.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard