Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#621302 25/09/17 05:36 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello everyone, just wanted to share the 3 mods that made this game enjoyable to OMG its so much fun!

First i'd like to say that i'm a huge "balancing addict" so maybe you will not like these mods, but i doubt it

First
-Penetrating Debuff by Xaelyn
this mods makes lesser debuff penetrate Armor, which makes hybrid team a lot more enjoyable, and Dots Spammer actually make some damages, somehow the AI seems to be aware of those changes too, so its not 1 sided (Dots will damage the armor and not directly Vitality)

Second
-Free Bless by Vik
this mods remove the Source Point cost of Bless.
lets be honest, who is wasting source point on using this skill in combat...?

Third and last
-Combat Sneak by Xaelyn (I love this guy)
this mod reduce AP cost of Sneak to 2 AP, sadly he wasnt able to make it scale to the Sneaking Skill, but its the closest we can get to usable Sneak in combat, until then, i'm simply not using Sneak in combat with Character that doesnt invest points in it

Thats what i wanted to share, too bad i'm not gonna get any achievement for playing with these, but im having SO much fun right now, i hope Larian will consider these changes someday :P

And tell me, what are your favorite mods right now?

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
The absolutely required mod is the one toning down the number scaling. It improves the game by a factor of ten.

The other I use is the permanent Spirit Vision. Not needed, just a QoL, but definitely a good QoL.

old hand
old hand
Interesting mods, but sorry, no, they would make the game easier, and it's easy enough on Classic. My must-have-mod is the one which prevents certain items from entering the bars automatically. And I would truely appreciate a sexy-elves-skin-mod if it were for both sexes. grin

A
stranger
stranger
A
I want a mod that enables achievements when mods are installed. Otherwise I wont be using any until after I've gotten as many as I can get.

R
stranger
stranger
R
[quote=AresD25]I want a mod that enables achievements when mods are installed. Otherwise I wont be using any until after I've gotten as many as I can get. [/quote]
I'm surprised Larian disabled achievements with mods. If someone wanted to cheat his achievements he can do that with Steam Achievement Manager.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I don't necessarily want to cheat them but if I had mods to make something more convenient or tweak something. I shouldn't have achievements disabled.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
How is this making the game easier? Penetrating debuff is actually making the game harder most of the time
Bless costing no source isnt game breaking at all, im still almost never using it, but now i CAN use it
And 2 AP Sneak just make sneak usable in combat, and most of the time its a waste of AP, but with a maxed Sneak character is a bit easier

journeyman
journeyman
Wait.. My achievements will be disabled if I use a mod that stops my action bars from getting automatically populated?

That sucks..

Last edited by BoogieMan; 27/09/17 10:05 AM.
Akka #622140 27/09/17 12:29 AM
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by Akka
The absolutely required mod is the one toning down the number scaling. It improves the game by a factor of ten.

The other I use is the permanent Spirit Vision. Not needed, just a QoL, but definitely a good QoL.
I think the game is incredibly easy on everything but Tactician, so I cannot imagine a number scaling mod to be 'required'. With a 94% approval rating, I don't think most people have a huge problem with the scaling.

But I can definitely get behind permanent Spirit Vision. It's a huge QoL improvement. Bless being Free would also be delightful, so I am in agreement with the OP here. And of course, my personal choice, the No Trash Items in your hotbar has been absolutely critical to me.

Akka #622232 27/09/17 05:50 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Akka

I'd love to use that mod but the thing that puts me off is that its a 100% permanent irreversible change to the savegame. That is quite risky IMHO. Unless there is another one you are talking about? (And if so what is the name of it)

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
a mod that makes the red prince's romance ending less of a complete letdown

crossing my fingers for an expansion down the line

edit: actually, just a mod that makes the entire ending less of a complete letdown narrative-wise

Last edited by miaasma; 27/09/17 10:23 AM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Doesn't Penetrating Debuffs destroy the purpose of the game's awesome armor system? Imo one of the most tactical parts of combat is the armor system. Also the balancing of some skills would go out of wack with that mod. I wouldn't call these mods "must have". More like "suggested for some people".

Last edited by Bokajon; 27/09/17 11:52 AM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
The only mod I'd been interested in - up the movement speed and faster spell/skill special effects in fights - doesn't exist.

No I don't want faster movement speed outside of combat mod. Not only I don't think running is slow, that mod most probably ruins clockwork realm.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JoxerTM
The only mod I'd been interested in - up the movement speed and faster spell/skill special effects in fights - doesn't exist.

No I don't want faster movement speed outside of combat mod. Not only I don't think running is slow, that mod most probably ruins clockwork realm.

Is there a clockwork realm in this game? I haven't seen one yet, early on. DOS1, don't recall such a thing either.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by geala
Interesting mods, but sorry, no, they would make the game easier, and it's easy enough on Classic. My must-have-mod is the one which prevents certain items from entering the bars automatically. And I would truely appreciate a sexy-elves-skin-mod if it were for both sexes. grin

Yeah, sometimes when you make a mod that can makes something easier, you may have to re-balance something else to make it harder. In this case and esp sneak, I like the fix, if I found Classic too easy as-is, it is easy to pop up the editor, go into the stats section and adjust NPC difficulty in many many ways. If someone wants direction as to how, speak up.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 27/09/17 04:11 PM.
apprentice
apprentice

There are available game trainers that do this though they sort of flip the lever the other way. They are VERY fast like absurdly fast, which may be what you want especially on "trash" fights to just move on to the next area. I'd provide a link but trainers are in that gray area that is often frowned upon, a google search will easily find you what you are looking for I'm guessing.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Someone from larian read these suggestions?

Last edited by vometia; 28/09/17 09:24 AM. Reason: formatting
J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Darkwind

There are available game trainers that do this though they sort of flip the lever the other way. They are VERY fast like absurdly fast, which may be what you want especially on "trash" fights to just move on to the next area. I'd provide a link but trainers are in that gray area that is often frowned upon, a google search will easily find you what you are looking for I'm guessing.

Thanks but no thanks, I'm aware trainers can do different things but it's just one thing I wish for.
Thus I need a proper mod. wink

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard