Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
veteran
veteran
So, I received my CE today (I'm U.S. based). My tracking info updated (today as well) with the remaining three steps.

Tue, 26.09.17 14:36 United States The shipment has been successfully delivered
Tue, 26.09.17 08:35 United States The shipment has been loaded onto the delivery vehicle
Tue, 26.09.17 06:48 United States The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the delivery depot

It was packed in a rather frail cardboard box that was pretty much the same size as the Collector's Edition box, with zero protection between it and the CE. Because of this, the CE suffered damage. I'm no boxing expert, but it doesn't take a genius to predict that would happen on a trip across the world.

The corners of the CE box are smashed in, and the velvet-lined dice tray that makes up the bottom of the CE has a tear along the edge about a third of the length of the CE. The velvet on the inside is ripped and there's an open tear to the other side.

The books seem to be in good condition - still shrink wrapped, as is the map; I haven't opened them yet.

There's a rather disappointing pamphlet manual, a far cry from the thick booklet shown in the Kickstarter concept image.

I haven't looked at the statue yet, being rather frustrated with the condition of the CE box - which would have been easily preventable with some reasonable packing material.

Pretty disappointing. Hope you all fare better.

Gyson, on the Kickstarter page there were several people with similar experiences in regard to the condition of the box itself. I definitely recommend contacting Larian support about this (and send pictures). Even though it may take a while for them to respond (based on reported reply speed, they seem to have a backlog of about 5 days), hopefully they can start issueing replacement boxes to everyone who received a damaged box.

Last edited by The Centaur; 27/09/17 05:42 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Sad to say that I'm not really surprised some of the boxes were damaged in transit: the CE itself was fairly well designed in terms of being as robust as possible but obviously still depended on being properly packaged up by the sender, and mine was just stuffed in a larger box along with the hoodie and no extra packing, which was a bit disappointing (although not as surprising as it not being damaged).

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
it seems easier to send parcels from germany to the united states than in switzerland, which is 200km !!!
Fuck DHL !!!
I'm tired of having to fight to get the stuff I ordered at every larian campaign, for DoS1 it take a month to get my CE,(and i never received the artbook) and now it seems like it's going to be the same !

Last edited by BoTToX; 27/09/17 01:18 PM.

My signed collector bike ; )
A
A
Our collectors edition just arrived. My wife and I are both really impressed.

WOW.
Just WOW.
This has been the most awesome, high quality collector's edition I have ever received. Starting right from the packing.

The cloth map in Original Sin was garbage. This time? PURE AWESOME. They fixed the issues, the printing quality is high, the cloth feels good too, this time it will get framed.

And the figurine? AWESOME. Not only this the mold good and the quality great, but it is outstanding value compared to the original stuff that was supposed to come with the game.

The Lore and Art books? Outstanding. This is the type of quality publisher sell for 40€ a piece as RPG supplemental material. Speaking of that. Where is our Pen & Paper Core Set to go along with the lore book? ;-)
The added shirt seems to have great quality as well, at least the printing quality is awesome.

I can only praise this collector's edition, outside of being super late and not including a disk, it blowed my expectations away. If I knew that the print quality would have been this good, I would have ordered two hoodies and two T-shirts instead of just the T-Shirt.

Larian, you have outdone yourself yet again. With each kickstarter you fix your issues and add simply better merchandising and a better all around product and I actually hope that you keep continue doing kickstarters, even when it is just for experimenting with more collectors editions. Hey, maybe one day we actually get our dice set. ;-)

Originally Posted by vometia
Sad to say that I'm not really surprised some of the boxes were damaged in transit: the CE itself was fairly well designed in terms of being as robust as possible but obviously still depended on being properly packaged up by the sender, and mine was just stuffed in a larger box along with the hoodie and no extra packing, which was a bit disappointing (although not as surprising as it not being damaged).

I guess I was lucky in that case, I got the CE in a super large package. The CE box was in another box, which was in another box, which was in the final box together with my T-Shirt, the boxes around the CE boxes all at a little air left, which should be enough for normal transport, but most likely not enough for american shipping services which have a reputation for being extra rough. Not a perfect packing as you could have filled the final box with more spacers like tons of bubble wrap, but sufficient at least for DHL in germany.

Last edited by Apocalypse; 27/09/17 09:22 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
So my package just arrived to New Jersey today. I think they put my package on a raft that was tied to a swimmer, lol.

September 27, 2017, 6:47 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

it still needs to make its way to Utah though. I wonder if that will be coming by Pony Express? :P

journeyman
journeyman
And mine is coming on foot from germany to switzerland....
I still wait for it to cross the German border !

A
A
Originally Posted by Raze

Unfortunately, it is not possible to email the codes. Someone did look into that, but the company handling the production of the boxes would have had to keep track of which keys went into which boxes from the start to be able to do this.

Next time Raze, next time you can look into that issue. ^_^
Either send out the collector editions earlier, weeks before game release or add a tracking code to the boxes to send out the keys per email.

Or just don't include any keys in the box. You sell those collectors editions anyway electronically. So separating physical boxes from keys would be an option as design choice.
Lastly, I think at least for steam temporary valid keys would be an option as well, steam DRM should allow for this.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Anyone know who I can contact regarding my CE? I never received a tracking number, however I did get the "CE shipping soon" email on 9/8. I tried contacting Larian support numerous times but they never responded. I posted in another thread 2 days ago with no response. frown

D
stranger
stranger
D
has anyone received CE ( last , 1.000 ) from Boston , MA ?

my usps tracking says :

September 21, 2017, 1:45 pm Processed Through Facility FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY
September 18, 2017, 2:21 pm Acceptance GERMANY

I am sick of this, been waiting to play the game since 14th, this is unacceptable.
the support does not reply our tickets.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by draedan

my usps tracking says :

September 21, 2017, 1:45 pm Processed Through Facility FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY

I am sick of this, been waiting to play the game since 14th, this is unacceptable.

I'm not in Boston, but mine still says the same. Just about the worst experience with any shipment I've ever had lol. Assuming it ever gets here, that is...

T
stranger
stranger
T
I suggest filing a PayPal claim at this point. This is absolutely pathetic.

X
stranger
stranger
X

my usps tracking says :

Count me as another that hasn't had any updates since last Friday frown

apprentice
apprentice
So after a week since the last update, mine has finally started moving again and has finally arrived in Ireland. Hopefully I should receive it by the middle of next week, but won't hold my breath! At this stage I just hope the package has survived the journey...

Update: I stand corrected!! It just arrived to my work cheer
Very well packaged and the hoodie and art books are of amazing quality hehe

Very pleased with the C.E despite the delays thankyou

D
stranger
stranger
D
just updated :

September 28, 2017, 4:44 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

journeyman
journeyman
Last tracking entry : Thu 21.09.2017 07:29 The consignment has left the border point DESPEA.

stranger
stranger

my usps tracking says :

just updated :

September 28, 2017, 4:44 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Ok, what the hell. Mine says:

September 19, 2017, 7:14 am Processed Through Facility FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY
September 14, 2017, 4:28 pm Acceptance GERMANY

I'm in NY and still nothing for my package that supposedly was accepted and processed days before yours. Equal parts jealous and upset.

D
stranger
stranger
D
another update smile

September 28, 2017, 4:56 am Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

S
stranger
stranger
S
I finally got a working key today !

I hope you guys will get one soon !

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S

my usps tracking says :

In Idaho and mine says exactly the same thing.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard