Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
So..

In early access corpse eater was amazing, It allowed my main (in this case an elf knight) to sometimes gain an ability they would not normally have as a knight.

For discussion purposes in early access I had adrenaline & skin graft.. it was super amazing.

Now... if you stumble onto a corpse eater ability.. you need to put the skill points into said ability before it will even work!!

So what the hell is the point now? If I wanted that ability I would just go buy the book and invest the points?

IMO it makes this racial ability completely redundant.

If you are going to argue that the corpse eater ability is meant for more than that, for helpful info on quests and plot line etc. It's weak at best..

Please make the racial abilities worthwhile.. Elf knight was great in EA, now it's terrible.

I really feel that this game is not at all finished, it feels like it was rushed out the door to meet a release date. frown

veteran
veteran
Corpse Eater was too good, and you're still saving the cost of a skillbook. If someone was to complain about racial abilities not being worthwhile and needing a buff, Elf would still be towards the very bottom of the list.

I think you are silly.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
CatR - shut up.

Stabbey - It is a PvE game, "Too good" for what?

I understand that for some players it would have made it too easy?

But for others it added a really cool dynamic.

I guess I just got really excited with EA and now playing the full version I am disappointing by a number of things.

journeyman
journeyman
Corpse Eater significantly unbalanced the game where, along with their other bonuses in EA, they significantly outclassed every other race by a significant margin.

Being able to skip investing in certain trees, especially early on, gave elves a very obvious advantage over other races on the power curve (It didn't help that literally the first available meat item in the game gives you Adrenaline) when combined with their other traits, giving them unprecedented support abilities and flexibility at no cost. The races should all be equally valid options, and ought to represent an altered playstyle in and out of combat rather than a clear best answer.

Last edited by GreatGuardsman; 28/09/17 12:13 PM.

The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
old hand
old hand
It was and would really be too good to be able to use skills without points in a school other than from items (which can be used by any race). Because points in schools have a big meaning, so the elf would be much stronger than others from the combat abilities alone.

And you have to take into account that they did not make Flesh Sacrifice let you lose an ap the next turn which is nice and kept this racial strong. I cannot use it on my main (male elf) as I do not want to lose my shield but on non-shield chars like my Sebille ranger it's great.

Last edited by geala; 28/09/17 12:26 PM.
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by GreatGuardsman
Corpse Eater significantly unbalanced the game where, along with their other bonuses in EA, they significantly outclassed every other race by a significant margin.

Being able to skip investing in certain trees, especially early on, gave elves a very obvious advantage over other races on the power curve (It didn't help that literally the first available meat item in the game gives you Adrenaline) when combined with their other traits, giving them unprecedented support abilities and flexibility at no cost. The races should all be equally valid options, and ought to represent an altered playstyle in and out of combat rather than a clear best answer.

Okay, I see your point. I didn't realize it was that OP.
But in your opinion, do you think that racials are useful and balanced now?

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by geala
It was and would really be too good to be able to use skills without points in a school other than from items (which can be used by any race). Because points in schools have a big meaning, so the elf would be much stronger than others from the combat abilities alone.

And you have to take into account that they did not make Flesh Sacrifice let you lose an ap the next turn which is nice and kept this racial strong. I cannot use it on my main (male elf) as I do not want to lose my shield but on non-shield chars like my Sebille ranger it's great.

I don't understand what you referring to with the shield?
I've only ever used it on my 2h elf knight.

journeyman
journeyman
I feel like Elves are more in line with what the Racial balance should have been, and I think that the other races need to be buffed to compete with the Elves; who are still quite good.

Everything about the elven kit is useful to just about everyone, with their Racial Skill, Flesh Sacrifice, being the best in the game by quite a large margin. Aside from perhaps a tune-up to Flesh Sacrifice's penalty, the Elf is in a very good place right now.

The most obvious thing that would help bring other races up to par would be fixing their Racial Skills. Most of them don't scale, or have painfully mediocre effects with restrictions (Encourage is useless from the get-go, Petrifying Touch can't be used on allies, etc).

The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
veteran
veteran
Races are still about:
Undeads > Elves >>> others

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Races are still about:

How do you reliably heal yourself as undead?
Poison bottles only do a little bit.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by neurotic
Races are still about:

Have someone hit you with poison. Poison yourself. Throw poison on the ground and walk around. There's lots of different ways. Undead are by far the most powerful race.

Elves are still top-tier just for the extra exposition, and can give you.. hehe.. leg up in some quests, so to say. And Flesh Sacrifice is great.

Dwarves are also amazing due to the extra survivability and the always-useful +1 Sneaking. Petrify is neat, but an odd choice to give a race, instead of a spell in Earth.

Lizards are utter meh, unless you're actually going to capitalize on that +1 Persuasion (which only one person in the group will do), and the flame-breath is rarely truly useful, and Humans are complete trash; +1 Barter, the most useless skill in the game and which only one character makes any use of, and +2 Initiative - a stat that literally does not do anything useful at all. And Inspire is not very useful since most Attributes don't do very much or are likely to be fairly useless for any given character.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Slight correction:
Undead Elves > Undead > Elves > *

You can also upgrade poison vials just like you do healing ones, making stronger versions by combining weaker ones.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Luckmann
[quote=neurotic][quote=Kalrakh]Races are still about:

Elves are still top-tier just for the extra exposition, and can give you.. hehe.. leg up in some quests, so to say. And Flesh Sacrifice is great.

How do you get Flesh sacrifice as undead elf though?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GreatGuardsman
I feel like Elves are more in line with what the Racial balance should have been, and I think that the other races need to be buffed to compete with the Elves; who are still quite good.

This is basically my opinion. The change to remove the +2 to an attribute and instead give each race one special Talent and one +1 Civil Ability did a good deal to bring the races more in line with each other.

The change to Dwarves from +2 Strength to +10% Health and +5% Evasion really worked, it's useful for most classes, but in particular to fighters and rogues. Petrifying Touch needs a buff though, I think that decreasing the AP cost to 1 would do. Possibly removing the scratch damage it does so it could be a desperate move to save or clear status effects from a teammate might also be interesting.

Lizards new special is merely okay. Fire Breath seems to scale better than it did in EA, but I still would have loved Shed Skin instead.

Humans are low tier, largely due to the changes to Wits and Initiative. The low bonus from Encourage and its very slow scaling is also in drastic need of a look at.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You don't.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
You don't.

What is everyones opinion on making your main Fane, and using the Elf mask to gain it's respective racials?

The obvious downside to this (IMO) is you loose the ability of the head slot, as the mask has no stat bonuses.

Thoughts?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I swap out my helmet for the Elf form if I want to start a battle with Flesh Sacrifice. If I need to, I just put the helmet back on later during the battle. I'm playing Lone Wolf on Classic though. Not sure if it's a viable tactic on higher difficulties.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Races are still about:

easy. necromancy(passive and spells). poison bottle (ooze barrel + empty bottle) bigger poison bottles (bottle+bottle), leech + blood. poison zone (contamination + rain) and etc and etc.

[quote=neurotic][quote=Kalrakh]Races are still about:

mask of the shapeshifter.
also you don't even have to be undead to utilize it.
and IMHO fane > custom undead (because of his source skill_)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard