Print Thread
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of adding a Monk Class to the Mod.
Thanks for your Endorsements so far in Nexus smile

Anyone have any ideas can write it here for new classes so Modders can put it to their mods.

Lately I added DragonKnight Class as players can turn into Ice, Fire, Acid , Air Dragons with their advantages and disadvantages in battle.

(As an Example Ice Dragon have %100 resistance to water but %-100 resistance to fire. And can Breathe ice damage.)

Still Working on a Weapon & Armor Enchanter Class which may nearly finish.

For Monk stuff I am thinking of skills ;
All skills of course work on unarmed & no armor.
[ Starting Clothes can be re-texured for monk style smile ]

Furry of Blows -> Play loop animation of unarmed strikes for fast and nice damage with a chance of knockdown an enemy with finesse & strength check via enemy weight check.

Ki strike -> Unarmed damage will be improved and count as magic damage with every level of player.

Deflect Arrows -> Starting with %25 chance + %1 chance per finesse skill & level.

Diamond Soul -> Monk will gain spell resistance, armor & magic armor if not wearing an armor per level increase.

Quivering palm -> Monk will make a deadly strike against an enemy.(Formula for damage increased per level , strength, finesse). if enemy is lower then Monk's level Palm strike will also make a Stunning blow and paralyze target's nervus system for 2 turns bypassing any armor kind.

Just write any kind of class ideas or new ones... smile

journeyman
journeyman
By class do you mean you add new skills/spells and a dedicated skill tree (Skill tree: Hunstaman , Scoundrel, Summoning ....) ??
The way larian handles classes is they give the class 10+/- spells/skills ; add an armor set that fits the image of the class ; Adds a skill tree for the class

But anyway good class ideas are :
Alchemist - +1 in the skill tree will add bonus durations to elixirs and potions or something like that
Deathknight - you can go in any direction with this class and it will still be good.
Paladin - a warrior using holy magic. It can have bonus dmg to undead
Vampire - I saw that someone is already working on this one
Werewolf - this can be added to the polymorph skill tree or it can be a thing on its own like : Lycanthropy
A FCKING NONE MAGIC CLASS ? - The game is missing such a class, every skill in the game look magical in some way, the scoundrel looks like some dimension assassin and the huntsman looks like a shaman with a bow, even the warrior/warfare class looks magical.
Soul Reaper - making spirits fight for you or give you some timed/perma buffs.
Godslayer - some new lightning, ice , fire and earth skills but in black color.
Reaver - the more dmg you take the more powerful you become. The skill tree +1 can give you perma buffs to HP and DMG for every 10 kills you make
Wanderer - some skills that reveals points of interest on the map. Skill tree +1 can give dodging% and more range for auto attacks with range weapons,skills,granades and arrows

I dont give detailed descriptions for the classes because you have to go into these with an open mind. You never know what you might come up with or scrap ideas for new ones. Everyone can give ideas and them mesh'em up and see what happens. Cheers!

Btw it would be rly cool if someone finds a way to add NPCs armors to shops. Like the Hooded Figure that was with Dallis has a super cool armor but you never see that armor in the shops anywhere

Last edited by Braxx; 26/09/17 10:01 PM.

The best class is the Jack of all Trades
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I wanted to work on Martial Artist/Monk class too, put everything I had in mind on a file but I somehow lost it so I'll probably work on another custom class.

From what I remember :

Skills :
- 3 different stances : Offensive (accuracy + damage buff), Defensive (reflect buff) and Evasive (dodging buff)
- Sweep : AoE leg sweep
- Nose bleeder : sets bleed
- Front kick : single target knockback + knockdown
- Meditate : reduces skills cooldown by 1
- Acrobatics : mobility skill
- Elemental Fist : would work the same as Elemental arrows

Items :
- Monk mitts : buff to unarmed damage
- Master blindfold : sets blind with a minor accuracy & range debuff but stat buff

I hope this gives you some ideas!

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Am actual animal form shapeshifter would be good.

M
M
A non-magical class could be a duelist. He excels in 1 on 1 combat and in avoiding to be hit.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Borrowing this thread to ask a simple question :

Is it legally ok to release a custom class mod heavily inspired from another game/movie/whatever?

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
If you dont use specific copyrighted names and such it would be hard to get in trouble for making a class inspired by something. For example lets say you make a monk of the four elements. Now if you call him the last air bender or avatar Ang you might have an issue but if you just call it an elemental monk or something you're good.

B
stranger
stranger
B
An elementalist who would have a rotating buff that works similar to Demon/Ice King. Each turn your resistances switch so you can plan ahead depending on the Battlefield. Also the spells you use deal bonus/less damage and the cost is lower/higher depending on the current buff.

An Illusionist/Mentalist archetype. Who distracts enemies or turns the tables by mind controlling enemies for a temporary duration.

A Curseslinger who's job is to make the enemy's existence a nightmare. Weakens, slows, cripples, terrifies, poisons and of course curses the enemy and gains a random buff for each affected enemy. Took that idea from 5e. Maybe his big 3 Source P. spell would be a transformation into a Night Terror with a Blinding aura (to emulate the darkness around him/ terrify aura sounds too strong) who terrifies enemies with a 10% chance on-hit.

A Samurai class with stances. One stance gives him increased melee range and a bonus to cleave damage. Another stance lowers his movement speed but gives him increased crit chance+ crit damage and the last one lowers the AP cost of regular attacks by 1. Something like that.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
The samurai stances sound very a appealing.

One that increases damage but Lowers defense
One that gives lunge attack for +1 melee range but no crit chance
One that adds defense and resistances but lower damage
One that makes him faster, more movement, lower ap cost, less damage

B
stranger
stranger
B
Spartan Class who specializes in Spears.
Has the benefit of wielding a Shield+Spear.
Phallanx Formation, which gives him resistance bonuses when he's standing close to an ally. And more range on attacks of Opportunity.
Skyfall, jumps out of frame for one turn (can't be targetted during that time) and the next turn he deal massive damage to the area that the skill has been cast on.
And AOE around him that procs bleeding.
Reckless fighting which gives him increased crit chance but also lowers his resistances.
And a voice line that says This is Sparta! (mandatory, without it its not a spartan)

And i was thinking about using his spear as a throwing weapon that deals x+ the damage numbers on the spear - 25% more damage on enemies that have less than 30% vitality left. As an execution skill. He also would have to go to that enemy and use 'Recover Spear' on him to get that item back which would deal 50% less dmg than the numbers on the weapon. If it kills him you would have to loot the weapon.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I have a player that wants to use a steam in one hand. I saw a mod for that but it just changed all spears to one hand which I think is probably too powerful unless you spend a talent point for it.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Subclasses that have no skill requirement. Something similar to a job system. Maybe as a Talent.
Alchemist/Apothecary
Has kowledge to more advanced potions and flasks.
Can apply poisons on weapons of himself or allies.
Can throw potions on the ground to use them as flasks, with weaker effect.
On a very rare occasion (rare ingredients) he can craft potions that enhace characters permanently. Attribute, Civil or Skill points. Talent would be too strong.
The only class that has a chance to craft a potion of a higher tier with low tier ingredients.
Has a low chance to convert stone into gold. On a failure he gets poisoned and transformed into a frog (which would kill him if not healed very quickly). For shits and giggles.

Blacksmith/Armorsmith
Can upgrade the Weapons/Armor level. Remember picking up an amazing item early game but now the level is too low to use it?
Can upgrade the rarity of an Equipment Item.
Can add elemental damage/resistance to a weapon/armor.
Has a larger weapon/armor crafting table.
Can craft special Unique weapons.

Goldsmith/Jeweler
Has access to more rune Frames.
Can craft rune frames.
Can combine runes with each other.
Runes crafted by him are more powerful.
Same as Blacksmith: More recipes, can upgrade accessories etc.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
shapeshifting with a smaller dragon form or that forest abomination from act 2 as the master/source skills(3 source points)maybe a wolf form and spider form for the first skills then maybe a vampiric form(same as the vampiric voidwoken maybe a different texture to show its not a voidwoken or something)and a bear form for the next tier.

Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
You can try Dragon Knight Class below my signature and give more opinons about Classes. (Impossible Mod)

My Next workings will be Monk, Shapeshifter, Alchemist or Elemantalist.

Last edited by Yuhnis; 02/10/17 12:49 PM.
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
The problem is that your class I part off a large mod that has features many people may no twant. There a few parts of that mods I would use but not the whole. It looks like a great mod though.

Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
You are right and everone who downloaded the mod want those modules to be seperate smile

After I finished few classes I will make 3 seperate mods in 1 file. For Dying & Food system , Classes and Vitality level Up mods.

So everyone can choose freely or combine together smile

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
yeah I'm looking more for a shapeshifter class with the dragon form or an Abhorrent form being the final source skills. I would love an abhorrent form using that forest abomination from one of those three alters in act 2.That would be awesome.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
that being said I'm just about to use your mod in a new playthrough right now.looks very interesting.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I'd like to post in support of an alchemy type class, removing or reducing everyone's skill of crafting, limiting it and making it so that the alchemist and blacksmith et al work as classes, also giving the alchemist the opportunity to create a golem or automaton as their source skill, but they have to sacrifice actual armour and weapons to give the golem/automaton armour and it's hitting ability, and sacrifice more metal and gems to give it hitpoints.

It's all just ideas of course.

Another one that came to mind was an illusionist class. Though I'm not sure how that would work at this point.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard