Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
addict
addict
L
Hi Larian
Great game. Great dev! The best.
My personal suggestion :
Less videos more information please about release time, size, all critical info about the 14th
Hope to hear from you soon!

enthusiast
enthusiast
IF you're reading it all ; please either make Bless last forever again (ONly on surfaces, as it was before), or make it not cost a source point. As it is now, it's become worthless AND impossible to use for certain quests early-game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TraceChaos
IF you're reading it all ; please either make Bless last forever again (ONly on surfaces, as it was before), or make it not cost a source point. As it is now, it's become worthless AND impossible to use for certain quests early-game.

I would be surprised they did not change the quest.
Quest in the early game like the pigs would probably not require more than once cast (only one pig to save?).

And hopefully the rewards would be substantial.

Spoiler:
And to be fair there is only one important pig to save, as you know as I am sure you completed the quest.

Last edited by Deadknight; 12/09/17 05:38 AM. Reason: Spoilers
apprentice
apprentice
I'm writing it all!

!Grats on release day! cheer

T
stranger
stranger
T
well there's like 1k of us not playing due to awful shipping and refusal for steam codes just saying!

old hand
old hand
Ive just started playing the full game.

I noticed we can now find some crafting recipes right away on the ship and through early Fort Joy, which is great. Prisoners are now without weapons until the stuff goes down, also great. Presets are better, finally we have a pure fighting build to start with, the Knight - but the Ranger still gets one point in Pyro... and there are a few bad Civil skills choices.

The biggest problem in character creation seem to be talents which are preselected, and inability to know in advance which Talents and Civil skills any build will have, which usually result in spending points on something a companion will have already - depending on a build/class we choose for them. (also, Rogues-scoundrels should have thievery and Shadowblades sneaking, not the opposite)

Since those points are rare in the game it would be much better if those were not preselected but left to players to decide on. All except a single starting talent which is Origin or race specific. There also should be info on when we get new talents in the game available in character creation so the players can make informed decisions instead of googling it or choosing blindly.
Companions should not level up automatically when we get them. But if i decide to ditch a companion and get a new one there is no automatic leveling up. Thats how it should be. Especially on Classic and Tactician modes.

The Ai is really good, a huge improvement over the previous game and all other games i know of.
Unfortunately the new armor system works against it, especially the bloat in Tactician mode, but ive said a lot about that already and will do so in other threads.

The story and plot are really good, writing in general is much better. Hope it keeps up in other parts of the game too. Void enemies are much better and the whole deal of misguided Magisters good intentions woven into the greater plot is very, very nice. Especially the visible, palpable consequences of that we can experience through many NPCs and smaller side characters, even animals.

The voiceovers are a disappointment. None of them fit the characters as i had them in my mind and are too much of "english" cliches. The voice actors did a good job but the choice could have been better.
Its not their fault - its your fault.
I turned off the horribly unnecessary (and huge cliche) narrator immediately and it seems i will turn off all voiceovers soon.

I know, none of this is a big concern since the game is selling like a hot crack laced cheese, which is what i expected.
Congratulations on a big success.

It is very deserved considering all the effort that went into creating all of the game humongous content and its features, the co-op, GM mode and the editor. I am enjoying a lot of things in the game and consider it one of the better ones ive ever played, even if mass market features require me to consciously block them out which i cant do entirely because they affect the gameplay a lot.

Hopefully the future patches and mods will minimize the mass market features and make it a true great RPG.

veteran
veteran
Um, Talents and Civil skills can be seen and changed on your starting character.

If you mean for Companions, there's a Guide which details all the presets, which can help you decide what you want your companions to be, and give you the information to know which Talent a Companion could possibly have so you don't have to duplicate it.

I am not close to that point yet, so I cannot verify the details, but I'm told that there is a free, reusable respec for all party members available after Act I, so you can tweak them. (I would have preferred to have full control at recruitment, but this is at least something.)

I also agree that companions should not auto-allocate their points when they level up to match yours after recruitment.

old hand
old hand
I can only choose one talent.

The two which are preselected seem to be related to the race and class.
So leave the racial one, like Elf Corpse eater, Dwarf guile or Lizard Spellsong and give me the choice of two at the character creation.

Because talents are so rare. If we were getting talents every two levels or something that would be different.

Yes i can see my civil skills and chose one, the problem is i dont know in advance what skills the companions will have.
That requires either restarting the game and going through the tutorial-intro fifty seven hundred times, or going out of the game to search for info. But it could be solved in the game itself very easily.

1. By providing basic info on when we are getting the Talents.
2. By allowing players to choose two talents at the start.
3. By allowing the players to level up companions - including their two starting talents - except the racial one.

This would quickly solve the problem of choosing stats that companions already have. And remove the need to exit the game to find info about it.

Is there any imaginable reason why humans have to be Thrifty? Why cant i have a thrifty Dwarf, Elf or an Undead? Why cant i have a sturdy Undead? Or a Human, or an Elf? Is there any reason why any of them cannot be Ingenious? Is there some cosmic law that demands this must be so and no other way?
Its not like those talents bring anything but meager +1 in basic attributes.

veteran
veteran
Sooo I'm having some issues with the digital edition I was rewarded for my Kickstarter pledge. I backed at the $125 Kickstarter Collector Edition(the one with 2x DOS II keys, not the one with 1 DOS II and a DOS EE), here are the three PMs I sent to Larian on KS about what I'm seeing as wrong here:

I have a problem.....I redeemed my GOG key for the "Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Collector's Edition Download" as soon as you guys made the keys available long before release except that now that the game actually released my game on GOG is just a regular edition and I do not have any of the content from any of the higher editions......can you help or am I just screwed now?

I just noticed that there was a second key for a second collector's edition I could claim and this one was a Divine Edition....which to be honest leaves me feeling kind screwed.....because I thought the digital collector edition was the highest edition and if it's not then the KS tiers and rewards were not clear there would be a higher edition that I'd miss on and I am left with no upgrade options at all because my only way to get the Eternal Edition would be by paying $89.....there is literally no way for me to pay $30 to upgrade....and one of my so called "Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Collector's Edition Download" keys was actually just a regular edition......that leaves me VERY bitter just about now.

Now granted the Eternal Edition contains things not included in my tier like the original DOS and the other Divinity games but I already own all of those and this basically locks me out forever from being able to own the other digital goods like the soundtrack and the various artbooks exclusive to the eternal edition......which ARE things listed are rewards for my tier....and you are painting me in a corner because you give me no upgrade option and if one existed I'd still have to pay again for four games I already own and digital rewards that ARE part of my tier. So I have one question: WHY?! Are you trying to force our hands to buy extra copies?

old hand
old hand
Why were those cool animated effects for the mysterious magical healing surface that appears after a few specific fights removed? It use to be really pretty, with animated effects and flowers. Now its a dull blue circle on the ground.

And Void Salamanders would leave the cool animated surface after you would kill them, but now its just their bodies.

Why would anyone remove those effects?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Is there ANY way to make my UI / HUD smaller? Im really anoyed that this featuer is left behind, since it was implemented in D:OS1....

T
stranger
stranger
T
still nothing on shipping of CE, lol almost want a refund now :P

Support
Support

Shipping started Wednesday and (for the CE boxes) finished on Friday. Some more tracking numbers went out yesterday, and this morning the person in charge of this at Larian was going to contact Happy Shops about the remaining issues.

If you have not received a tracking number, checked your spam folder, if applicable. It should come from the address 'Happyshops Fullfillment <info@happyshops.com>', with a German subject line of the form 'Ihre Bestellung 1234567 vom 08.09.2017'.

If you have received it, it will take some time for the tracking information to be updated.

enthusiast
enthusiast
To be back on topic : how does Larian handle the "read all" aspect these days. A lot of topics are created now, and, although some are about modifying some systems as a whole, some are about serious bugs, and no responses is never given by the team. Some of us can't play or have a hard time doing so, I know a patch has been made already but could us players have a better overview of what's coming in terms of fixes and changes?

(I realise my post may come as blunt, it's not the case, it's a genuine question not a rant)

Last edited by Linio; 20/09/17 07:14 AM.
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
im glad you are reading but please take the time to read my topics aswell i will be updating them alot with fights i deem need a cheese and i will put how to cheese them and i also think thievery is very much broke.

EDIT: after much testing i actually now dont think thievery is broken, you only have access to a certain number of recruitable npc's including the base recruits that are also available on the start screen. not like there is a infinite amount of them and you can only steal once per char there is 14 npc recruits from serg Zrilla nothing more, that in my eyes means you can steal at times you need to and not abuse it to the point of a game breaking bug.

Last edited by Iceborg; 21/09/17 05:58 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
You are quite right, but I would introduce some patches to the game

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hey all! I was a big fan of the first game and I wasn’t even aware the new one had already come out. I've been checking it out but I'll admit I was a bit disappointed about the origin characters. Not that they're bad but I kinda feel like there was a small step backwards in terms of character customization in this game from what I've seen so far.

Now that was a complaint from the first game I am aware of. Some people didnt like that there was a lack of "content" with the companion characters which I didnt mind so much. But one thing I loved about the first game is that you had a customized companion and had a story with them, its still one of the most unique things I've ever seen in a game. That and they had a story with your other companions too.

Well I see now you can only have your custom character really have interaction with the origin characters. So female lizards and dwarfs and the like cant be your companions, other than buyable npcs, and be a part of the story, which was a cool feature of the first game even if they were only human. I understand the direction of the origin characters, they give a lot more content for the story and stuff. But they do feel restrictive in the sense that there are alot more characters now and that look interesting too but you cant really interact with them.

So I purpose a future idea for content if you dont look at this and completely dismiss this as stupid. But maybe for like future content dlc or something, it would be cool if you could maybe create a custom companion, maybe like you create them, any race, gender, etc and they show up in the game as a quest and they could become your companion and have story, romance, etc. They could just have text dialogue too but I just thought it was a cool feature in the first game, of creating a custom companion, that was understandably lost to improve the content of the game. Im sure many people already hate and this idea already lol.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
#Larianreworkarmor

journeyman
journeyman
#Larianreworkarmorplease

It's killing team diversity, it's killing mages utility !
Ofc mages can complete the game, but it's tedious, it's cheesy.

On my first playthrough, I used cheap pussy tactics to finish tough fights, with full oil and teleport assassination.
Cheese is not tactic, cheese is a cheap way to win.

In the end, to play without cheesing too much --> physical team with 1 mage support.
To play though the game like a breeze --> 2 lone wolves.

X
stranger
stranger
X
Larian doesn't care about game anymore.
You've bought it.
Critics gave it a high score.
Potential GOTY.
There is no need to waste additional money and resources just to make it playable.

And ofcourse Larian DOESN"T read it all.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard