Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Ventus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Sitting at over 150 hours now (left game running on title page a lot, so very bloated number) but I am on the verge of leaving the island now, and the only thing I feel confident on is that the quest log is kinda shit. Is there any way to tell if I am neglecting something?

At present, the quest log doesn't update in any meaningful way. Most of my quests are pending/suggesting that there is more to do here (point in case, The Arena of Fort Joy tells me to talk to her again).

Anyone know of a spoiler-free list of everything available on the island? I believe the listed below are for 'full completion' of the island (completion=touching all the quests as much as allowable). The Game warns that once you leave, you cant complete the quests, but doesnt tell you which quests those are (presumably all under escape from Reapers Eye).

NOTE: I haven't jumped onto the ship yet, so I expect some of these to update (but not all).

-The Escape: good here
-A Rare Prey: ? either poorly worded or carrying over
-Champion of the Gods - *name*: Presumably carrying over
-Call to Arms: maybe good here (havent talked to him after fight)
-Imprisoned Elf: thinking this is poor design and should have been marked completed (Amyro is free, Shaeila will no doubt .... ect). Nothing else to do here in this 'act'
-The Purged Dragon: Resolved dragon bit and quest still here?
-The Tribe of Saheila: Pretty sure this doesnt belong in the Escape from Reapers Eye log at all (reads like mainland quest)
-A Fate Worse than Death: Bugged quest via Tamsyn's Jar that Gratiana took and made disappear. Otherwise non-issue.
-The Arena of Fort Joy: Says "talk to Thola to see whats next" and upon talking to her, nothing is next. Should be closed
-The Cursed Ring - *name*: Not sure why this is still here. Presumably this ring does more in the future? (Ive put it on and taken it off via normal and blessed means). Appears to not belong in the Escape from Reapers Eye anymore either.
Withermoore's Soul Jar: Also poor design. Withermoore has been dealt with entirely. Should be closed (im told if you get his help with a barrier, it DOES properly close out, but if you are a nice guy and let him rest, it doesnt).

Can anyone confirm or list the quests which are perma lost when you leave the island (I know Fate Worse than Death is one, but cant help that given the bugged Tamsyn Soul Jar).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/VentusVero/

Last edited by Ventus; 21/09/17 07:48 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Withermoor quest is completed if and when you use him to open the magic door at the end of the maze to the vault.

The cursed ring is completed once you equip it and have used bless on yourself to remove it. No it doesn't uncurse the ring either but the name changes.

The dragon quest would be ended if you did the proper dialogue and got him to help you when you go to fight Alexander, the dragon will fly over and kill all the shriekers for you.

Then there is the bugged quest with the necromancers. It worked for me if I put the soul jars on the table in front of them and destroyed them on the table.

As for the rest that is what im looking for answers as well before I leave.

Just learned that the only one out of the rest of them that gets closed is the Arena quest. I will look into it further to figure out how to complete that quest.

Here is a picture of what my quest log looks like before and after leaving the island (all quests completed aside from the Arena Quest) https://imgur.com/mdCgGI4

Last edited by ToxicGreenGekko; 29/09/17 01:06 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I seem to have repeatedly missed whatever it is that's required to get Withermoore to materialise: I've yet to see him try to help and always end up having to disable or work around the magic door by other means...

J'aime le fromage.
Originally Posted by vometia
I seem to have repeatedly missed whatever it is that's required to get Withermoore to materialise: I've yet to see him try to help and always end up having to disable or work around the magic door by other means...

Inside the cave where the frogs appear. There are some kids playing. Talk to them and play hide and seek. *hint* use rain if you cant find him the second time.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Oh, yeah, I've done the whole thing with rescuing him from the menaces of Braccus; I hadn't thought about using other means to see if he's actually in the vault later on though.

J'aime le fromage.
S
stranger
stranger
S
For Withermoore, you need to examine the device that opens the barrier with a character that has no Source after you freed Withermoore. If you have Source, it will only give you the option to open it yourself and if you do, the quest will not close. You miss a scene and some exp.

Call to arms does (not) finish correctly depending on your last conversation with the leader of the Seekers. I have not tested enough to see what exactly makes it complete but you don't miss out on anything if you have seen the Seekers run to the coast before the fight at the harbour.

To "finish" the arena quest you have to fight one of your party members which is only possible if you play co-op.

Killing all shriekers with purging wands prevents Slane from helping you out. You miss a small scene and a buff.

The main problem is the wording of the "unfinished" quests after you leave the island.
If you did not collect your last reward from Withermoore or Slane it still says something like "you left the Island without helping <person>". While the incomplete quest is a hint at the things you missed out on (which is good), you still did help them - they just didn't return the favor because you didn't need the help.

T
stranger
stranger
T
They need to seriously fix these quests...its kinda BS you need co op to complete a quest properly. Withermoor and slane should just show up at those points if you need them but it shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not the quest is complete. Call to arms is also BS I recruited 2 seekers to help me fight and it never closed...So call them to arms and saving them doesn't reward us with proper help in the fight...stupid.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Some of the journal entries indicate the quest is incomplete, but that's more of a fault with the journal entry than the actual quest. I've looked at some of the "problem quests" in the editor, and they really do end with oddly written journal entries. Pay no attention to them; most, if not all, side quests have no bearing on later events in the story.

veteran
veteran
Does not excuse bad design.
I'm almost done with Fort Joy and having 20 open quests, most I have no idea how to finish isn't exactly good.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Does not excuse bad design.
I'm almost done with Fort Joy and having 20 open quests, most I have no idea how to finish isn't exactly good.

Isn't that the beautiful part about the game?

veteran
veteran
If by "beautiful" you mean unforgivably stupid then yes.
A quest-heavy game should not have a completely broken quest-system/log.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard