Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The title is pretty explicite : what is the most powerful comp in your opinion ?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
2 Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf is powerful perk.
Also you get geared up way faster because of gearing 2 characters instead of 4, you have more gold because of same reason and its way easier to manage fights.

4 man is actually harder than 2.

Last edited by Sebille; 29/09/17 11:21 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
The 4 man group is screwed by the initiative round robin system due to limited AP and how late some party members act in the turn order, no matter how high their initiative is. Worse, they get hit with disabling effects and have to spend their turn countering those instead of actually dealing damage on their turn.

A 2-man Lone Wolves wins.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Oh yeah, totally forgot about this retarded "you-then the enemy etc" system. Sounds logic.

Do you have some duo lone wolves build ideas ?

I started a solo necro warfare toon, but being solo is a little bit bland at times.

I thought about duo mage summoner for fast lvl10 incarnates, or maybe duo rogues. But I can't imagine duo warfare necro, would be a fun killer.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by CollaSama
Oh yeah, totally forgot about this retarded "you-then the enemy etc" system. Sounds logic.

Do you have some duo lone wolves build ideas ?

I started a solo necro warfare toon, but being solo is a little bit bland at times.

I thought about duo mage summoner for fast lvl10 incarnates, or maybe duo rogues. But I can't imagine duo warfare necro, would be a fun killer.

Have a look at my posts in this thread:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=620811#Post620811

I just finished the game on Classic difficulty with this setup - it was so ridiculously overpowered that I two-shot the final boss. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
I used double Rogue Lone Wolf on tactician mode.
However I later made one of them a ranger, worked really well.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I played and finished that game in Tactican mode with Lone Wolf Shadowblade Fane and Summoner Lohse, its not stupid since summoner dealing mostly psychical damage (his summoned pet and skills deal psychical) so it works pretty well. Also Summoner giving you a little tanky into your team.

Never had troubles with this combo, you open everything as Shadowblade, going invisibility so they attack summoned pet (or Lohse, which is still very tanky due to 1h+shield)

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Fane + Lohse are my vote for best story combination for Lone Wolves.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Fane is my favorite since the beginning, can't play an other lesser race as the main character.

And Lohse is ofc my second : funny, sarcastic, a little bit crazy at times...

No edgelord Sebille, no bitch mac prince Red Prince (he's funny, but no boobs so...)

I'm a bit sad that every non team mates just die at the end of Act1. Their stories interest me.

Last edited by CollaSama; 01/10/17 02:40 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I actually like Red Prince story more than Lohse, but her story is good too.

Honestly it could be cool if companions you do not recruit would still act as NPCs when their time comes to progress their own story, something like Saheila which is in every act out there, pretty much, with her story, even if it's somewhat vague.

I hope they would explore that option next game and maybe more occurrences like Saheila which sort of follow you.

Last edited by Gaidax; 01/10/17 02:58 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Also, to answer OP, both choices honestly can get OP as fuck, really, it's not like I struggle with 2h/Ranger/TankSummoner/HealBuffbot party in Tactician, after like level 13 or so already you start rolling shit like no tomorrow and it snowballs to you basically sleepwalking murdering everything in Arx.

I do think 4 party team is better because you have more storylines from companions and such and ultimately when you end up steamrolling shit anyway - it's better to get more content and interactions done there to keep things interesting.

Last edited by Gaidax; 01/10/17 03:05 PM.
addict
addict
You can have 4 Arrow storm on a 4-man.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ellezard
You can have 4 Arrow storm on a 4-man.

And yes that too, that ability is outright retarded on a level nothing else compares.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I will probably do a new run with 4 summoners : Motherfucking Fane as team captain / Lohse as sexual minority / the Red Prince as Bitch mac Bitch / Beast as... Beast laugh

Fane will be Earth Summoner / Lohse Air / Beast Water / Red Prince Fire.

Will be fun.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Honestly I would not play 4 summoners simply because it would be a terrible chore bore slog with so many actors in every combat. It is surely going to be strong but it will be so damn slow.

Besides summons are one case where reverse scaling happens, as soon as you hit 10 summoning at like level 7-8 you are a god, but at the endgame they are kinda tame, still nice damage, but it's just not on the level of what full fledged character purist can do.

I think Summoning makes most sense to characters that are support like enchanter or tank where spending 10 points in summoning is no big deal, because you will be just great buffbot with remaining points spread around hydro/necro/aero/fire as many of the best abilities there don't really scale with more points in their schools. This way you can buffbot to your hearts content while still having some damage going.

Last edited by Gaidax; 01/10/17 04:27 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard