Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
I pretty much railed on armor on EA's release, but the PvP crowd bashed me into the ground and started throwing around insults since while the system sucks for SP, it's great for PvP. Shame I hate PvP and want a SP-game... apparently something not granted to me by the sheer hostility PvP brings (really, is that needed? Can't we get along. You do realise that hostility also turns a lot of people off of said games). Anyway enough said about that what was discussed months and months ago.

I was hoping it would have been improved, but guess not frown. Having to churn armor then CC every time is just boring. Randomness in combat keeps things fresh in SP, you know, the 100h campaign. Sure you don't need it in your 10m PvP match, but well, maybe you can see how that wont last interest for 600x the duration?

It's pretty much what happens if balance resolves around PvP in a Single-Player game, it never turns out well. In the best instance, what's needed is a seperate PvP system (this armor) and a SP-system (where randomness can manifest, and combat is not all samey due to armor requiring you to do the same thing over and over).

But yeah, said that at launch, guess that wasn't early enough yet. So here I am saying it once more, just cause.

X
stranger
stranger
X
The first game had so much interesting mechanics that you could use in fights and now they are all useless.
All mages do is apply statuses with their spells, the problem is mages can't do anything with their spells until the magic armor will be removed. Therefore all mages can do is attack with wands (because staffs are useless).

Current armor mechanic should be drastically changed or removed.

Z
banned
banned
Z
Basically 83% of the people that voted know there is something wrong with the system currently, the rest are blind folded fanboys.

Z
banned
banned
Z
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
I pretty much railed on armor on EA's release, but the PvP crowd bashed me into the ground and started throwing around insults since while the system sucks for SP, it's great for PvP. Shame I hate PvP and want a SP-game... apparently something not granted to me by the sheer hostility PvP brings (really, is that needed? Can't we get along. You do realise that hostility also turns a lot of people off of said games). Anyway enough said about that what was discussed months and months ago.

I was hoping it would have been improved, but guess not frown. Having to churn armor then CC every time is just boring. Randomness in combat keeps things fresh in SP, you know, the 100h campaign. Sure you don't need it in your 10m PvP match, but well, maybe you can see how that wont last interest for 600x the duration?

It's pretty much what happens if balance resolves around PvP in a Single-Player game, it never turns out well. In the best instance, what's needed is a seperate PvP system (this armor) and a SP-system (where randomness can manifest, and combat is not all samey due to armor requiring you to do the same thing over and over).

But yeah, said that at launch, guess that wasn't early enough yet. So here I am saying it once more, just cause.

I fucking KNEW IT, it was the pvp, another great example of how multiplayer ruin sinlge player games.

I fucking KNEW IT.

old hand
old hand
Can I be the hero of the day?

I can make a mod like in 15 minutes to address this.

If this is what you want.

Remove the ARMOR and Add some to Vitality.
(Or the mods approach above where conditions ignore the armor)

The laborious work on the user end is this:
Go to Workshop and click Subscribe to this Mod, name will be shared later.
In game click Mods, click this mod.
Play game with no armor and more vitality.

Ok then, tell me what you would like me to bump Vitality to on each difficulty level.
This can be done and done quickly, your lives can find peace.

Here is the poll as of my posting:

[Linked Image]

That isn't any type of major lambaste against the current. Only 9% hate it and liking DOS1 better, doesn't mean you hate DOS2. I went with like and tweaks.... everything can be tweaked. And as we know, most people will play the game totally oblivious to all this chit chat on the matter and most will be very ok with it if they like the game and 94% are liking.

All that should matter to us is what we like and not something where "What I like everyone should like!". So if we can give you a mod that addresses your issue... take it and be happy.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 30/09/17 06:27 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
And as we know, most people will play the game totally oblivious to all this chit chat on the matter and most will be very ok with it if they like the game and 94% are liking.

All that should matter to us is what we like and not something where "What I like everyone should like!". So if we can give you a mod that addresses your issue... take it and be happy.

So true.

The funny thing is that there are already mods on the Workshop that address the armor system, for people who don't like it. Just use those mods if you don't like the vanilla system. That's the awesome thing about mods and that's what they are there for.

Last edited by Bokajon; 30/09/17 07:12 PM.
So cool, the poll is at almost 800 votes!

Originally Posted by Bokajon

The funny thing is that there are already mods on the Workshop that address the armor system, for people who don't like it. Just use those mods if you don't like the vanilla system. That's the awesome thing about mods and that's what they are there for.

I absolutely refuse to use mods, because Larian disables your ability to earn achievements with them enabled. Once I have earned all of my achievements (I'm almost there!) then I can finally use mods and fix the game, lol.

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 30/09/17 09:35 PM.
Z
banned
banned
Z
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
So cool, the poll is at almost 800 votes!

Originally Posted by Bokajon

I absolutely refuse to use mods, because Larian disables your ability to earn achievements with them enabled. Once I have earned all of my achievements (I'm almost there!) then I can finally use mods and fix the game, lol.

Yeah i don't want to use mods either, but i also don't enjoy the game in it's current state.

Let me tell you something really really sad... there is so much things wrong with the game that not even with mods you will be able to fix them.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard