Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
E
Originally Posted by Nezix
Originally Posted by Ellezard
Base weapon/magic damage * (1 + 0.05*(Stat + Weapon talent)) * (1+0.05*warfarelevel/elemental level) * (1+critdamage if crit +highgroundbonus if highground)

That's the formula I use to always get the damage and tested in both GM mode and story mode. Apply resistance to final damage.

This doesn't seem to explain why (at least in my test with 57 int and 15 Aero), removing 2 Int was approximately the same damage reduction as removing 1 Aero.

Actually that formula explains that 100% perfectly.

I've been working on a calculator based on this formula. Here is a link to the alpha version.
www.irodemine.com/divinity2/damage.php

Last edited by emmagine; 04/10/17 05:58 AM.
old hand
old hand
Why to put points into Huntsman? Because it increases any type of damage, not only physical damage like Warfare. Important if you intent to use weapons of mixed damage or elemental arrows (which I don't). I upped Warfare till 10 and then put points into Huntsman. There are higher areas available quite often.

Originally Posted by emmagine

Actually that formula explains that 100% perfectly.

I've been working on a calculator based on this formula. Here is a link to the alpha version.
www.irodemine.com/divinity2/damage.php

Okay I ran the numbers that I had written down again and reverse engineered the spell damage. Running it through the formula matched up perfectly (with the averages of the low-high). I guess it's because they (int bonus and aero bonus) are multiplied and not added, increasing the lower number (Aero in my case) is always a more important contributor.

For anyone else who is bad at math like me, an example:
1 x 50 = 50
1 x 51 = 51
1.1 x 50 = 55

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard