Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by UnderworldHades
Whoa whoa, what lute girl?! D:

By the windmill just to the east of Driftwood.

I'll have to look for her the next time Im there, thanks! ^^

addict
addict
Originally Posted by UnderworldHades

Whoa whoa, what lute girl?! D:

As Vometia mentioned, the girl on the way to paladins camp from town (past the hanging area). She can be persuaded to start selling crap ton of arrow and legendaries/divine bow/crossbow every time she restocks.

Go past her to the paladins camp and the one sitting around will sell you warfare weapon.

The one you rescued from the hanging as part of the main quest will sell accessories.

Tarquin will sell a bunch of stuffs.

Fletcher you can rescue from the top part of the map will sell bow and arrows as well before turning into generic gear npc.

The npc at messed up caravan area to the top right of the map, past the lumbermill/paradise down also sell a crap ton of gears, mainly accessories.

Uncle Thrasher (Tavern) is for Fin gear.

The merchant in the inn at the top floor sells a bunch of stuff.

The male human merchant in the center of the town sells a bunch of stuff. (The only one that really mattered)

There really are too many of them but the guy in the middle of the town + Thrasher + Lute girl + Paladins already cover all your warfare and ranger weapon + all kind of armor issue. The rest of the npcs just make it easy to restock everything every level up.

stranger
stranger
I'm not saying there's no wiggle room at all for balancing, but they really need to be careful. The line the between Lucky charm being appealing and lucky charm being not worth taking at all is very thin.

It was mostly worthless in the first game, and now that it actually has some value people think it should be be nerfed. The problem is, even as good as it is, it's not necessary. Barter alone gets you enough money to get the things you need in the game and if you add thievery to that, which most people do for other practical reasons, money and gear is mostly a non-issue.

Factor in that Lucky Charm and Persuasion, another valuable skill, are both competing for space on your party leader in an optimal setup (at least in single player). Both are skills generally preferred on the party leader, because you never know when a persuasion check dialogue is going to trigger, and having to switch to another party member every time you want to open a container is going to be tedious for most players. Frankly, people willing to micromanage the game that way deserve whatever benefit they derive from it. I'm certainly not.

So in a quality of life setup, people are generally choosing Lucky charm over efficient placement of persuasion. It *needs* to have an equivalent value with that other skill, that also makes the game considerably easier when you invest in it.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i have like two points in it and am running around in the last arc opening every container i see (including stuff like rows of books). i've had it proc several times, sometimes a few in the same building or area

i agree with the above post in that it's competing with persuasion on your party leader. i may find myself picking it up earlier than i did on this run in future runs because it seems really good, and i like the style of play (searching every corner) it promotes. i now look through barrels in crates in the off chance i'll find something that i can at least sell for a good amount when i wouldn't have before, and especially earlier on in the game when money is much more difficult to come by and min/maxing becomes more and more necessary on higher difficulties. you certainly don't need it, but it's helpful and adds a little flavour to the duller parts of the game

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sanctuary

Impoverished? I guess stealing isn't something you want to lower yourself into doing then? You only need to regear every 2-3 levels (sometimes much later if you're wearing rings and an amulet that have needed or good bonuses for your build, and a socket) until level 17+ and even then it's almost exclusively going to be a weapon for physical classes. You can also simply hold off until you're a bit through an Act before stealing, since it can only be done once with a single character per vendor, or simply respec two non thieving characters and go on a stealing spree, while you save your fourth for when an act is about finished and the vendors that you'll never access again have higher stocked gear and books.

Yes, I could steal, but I have one thief, and I do not wish to use the exploit where I hire a bunch of disposable mercenaries and have them do the stealing. That's not something which I should have to do.

So without that it's not a long term solution.

Originally Posted by Leafy Kale
I'm not saying there's no wiggle room at all for balancing, but they really need to be careful. The line the between Lucky charm being appealing and lucky charm being not worth taking at all is very thin.

Yes, I agree with this.

Factor in that Lucky Charm and Persuasion, another valuable skill, are both competing for space on your party leader in an optimal setup (at least in single player). Both are skills generally preferred on the party leader, because you never know when a persuasion check dialogue is going to trigger, and having to switch to another party member every time you want to open a container is going to be tedious for most players. Frankly, people willing to micromanage the game that way deserve whatever benefit they derive from it. I'm certainly not.

Yeah, this is probably another one of my issues because my party leader/Avatar is also my Thief, so they have Thievery and no Persuasion or Lucky Charm.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Seems like the TC is the ignorant one here, given that ranks 1-5 of lucky charm had received no changes. Its 6 and above that got a nerf.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I dunno about you but during solo play by about hour 40 into the game play almost all of my characters were in legendary gear. I was pretty much one shotting guys and I'm not on explorer mode. I got so sick of that, I restarted my game because it became boring.. I dreaded combat because it felt like a waste of time, there was no challenge. I didn't even get off the second island and all I had was +2 into LC and my group all had at least +1 I think.

I can see why this was needed.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by SacredDark
Seems like the TC is the ignorant one here, given that ranks 1-5 of lucky charm had received no changes. Its 6 and above that got a nerf.

Really? So my restarted game is going to end up like the game I quit because there was no challenge I was finding so much upgraded gear. I also had 35,000+ gold by just collecting garbage I found.. Great.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Lucky charm isn't to strong, because it gives so much extra loot, it's to strong because it gives loot on your level, and not from the area level. From halfway act2 till the end, (Driftwood part) I was 1 to 2 levels above the enemies in every zone, as I did all the available quests possible in that act.

The loot I got from lucky charm was because of this, always better then the loot from drops. Even random epic/legendaries where better then most divine/unique items dropped, because of the insane stat scaling in the later levels.

They should have just fixed that; Lucky charm (and maybe even vendor) items aren't based on your level but on the zone level. Makes drops matter again, if you are overleveled (which is very easy if you explore everything and do almost every quest).

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Synx
Lucky charm isn't to strong, because it gives so much extra loot, it's to strong because it gives loot on your level, and not from the area level. From halfway act2 till the end, (Driftwood part) I was 1 to 2 levels above the enemies in every zone, as I did all the available quests possible in that act.

The loot I got from lucky charm was because of this, always better then the loot from drops. Even random epic/legendaries where better then most divine/unique items dropped, because of the insane stat scaling in the later levels.

They should have just fixed that; Lucky charm (and maybe even vendor) items aren't based on your level but on the zone level. Makes drops matter again, if you are overleveled (which is very easy if you explore everything and do almost every quest).

LC items ARE based on zone level, or rather, container level. I'm getting lvl 18 items at lvl 20 in Arx.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Kierlak

LC items ARE based on zone level, or rather, container level. I'm getting lvl 18 items at lvl 20 in Arx.

They weren't in my game. I was getting lvl 20 items at level 20 in Arx. Might be changed in some patch later on, I had to reroll the last couple updates as my save-game wouldn't work on the newer updates anymore.

old hand
old hand
I like Lucky Charm and I like a lot of loot to shuffle through.

What is most damaging is the over the top quality of items.

To me I'd like lots of Lucky Finds of loot reasonable to where I am at. High lucky charm chance on standard and next tier up items and much much lower chances for legendary. To me that makes a funner game, lots to ponder building and nothing too game breaking, keeps the excitement of finding every last barrel etc.

DOS1, I played with a lot of numbers to make that work and not be crazy rich. It's a lot of re-balancing. But a ARPG loot (ok not quit that crazy) in a CRPG world that doesn't break it.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

You enjoy right-click-identify-ing a million times in a row? You're a very different person. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Lucky Charm + Thievery = ridiculousness.

I am in Arx on Tactician now, second playthrough with 7 LC you still get a shitton of highest quality stuff. Whatever nerf was there is not a big deal to begin with and honestly it's kinda silly that you can fish divine gear out of bloody random barrels in the middle of Arx to begin with.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Synx
Originally Posted by Kierlak

They weren't in my game. I was getting lvl 20 items at level 20 in Arx. Might be changed in some patch later on, I had to reroll the last couple updates as my save-game wouldn't work on the newer updates anymore.

Were you running around in level zone? Level 18 Arx only covers up to market or something.

Last edited by Ellezard; 01/10/17 12:57 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by fireundubh
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

You enjoy right-click-identify-ing a million times in a row? You're a very different person. laugh

Not really ARPG's are quite a bit more popular and they have bucket loads more product to identify. I'm not asking for an amount that gives carpal-tunnel or the like. smile Identifying loot is like a scratcher, or loot boxes except free, many find a mini-thrill in it. I don't think that is any kind of revelation. I'd like to see more loot, but not as strong as-is on avg. Yeah I don't steal reds or pickpocket, to me too easy and too phony overall (some whites are bad enough). AI's anywhere, have they ever got the whole post-steal mechanic right?

Last edited by Horrorscope; 01/10/17 03:48 AM.
old hand
old hand
Double post, deleted.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 01/10/17 03:48 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Lucky Charm's impact seems to have remained undeterred; it's still a very powerful moneymaker and a great way to supplement gear cycling on the power curve. You're still able to gloss over the dead crafting system, ugly economy, and exponential gear replacement with it even by just equipping your LC items for only the larger looting sprees.

Having beaten the game once and just reached Act 3 on Honor Mode with excessive ease, I have to say that Lucky Charm would be better, solely in my opinion, as a much more common occurrence with no gear drops attached; though this would require a sane form of scaling in the game.

The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
They should just remove Lucky Charm and add better chance to get loots from chests and containers, but not by much (at least not as Lucky Charm).

Thievery should also be nerfed.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Darkhain
They should just remove Lucky Charm and add better chance to get loots from chests and containers, but not by much (at least not as Lucky Charm).

Thievery should also be nerfed.

Or just don't use them. Instead of fucking the game up for everyone, exercise some personal restraint and put your civil points in something else if you're allergic to loot.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard