Print Thread
L
Lightzy Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
There I said it.

I can think of no worse aspect to this game.
Whoever made this decision should have the source drawn out of him by magisters

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Yep. This is my only noteworthy critique about this game so far. The initiative system is very flawed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think something was lost when initiative got hard locked. I am not sure whether how it was was a good thing, but I also don't think current is good too, there should be some initiative mid-combat, IMO, where you can break the flow, but I also think a case where one side goes first with all or most actors actors by default is not good either.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
There has been a few threads about this.

Here's a good detailed post.

S
S
I think people complaining about initiative are mainly those who ignored the wits stat because it didn't provide as much damage. You don't actually need a huge amount to get a good turn order, and it's definitely worthwhile. The kind of initiative this game uses is pretty standard, basically the same as the DnD system (I'm pretty sure there is a random element at the start).

Z
banned
banned
Z
Originally Posted by Sotanaht
I think people complaining about initiative are mainly those who ignored the wits stat because it didn't provide as much damage. You don't actually need a huge amount to get a good turn order, and it's definitely worthwhile. The kind of initiative this game uses is pretty standard, basically the same as the DnD system (I'm pretty sure there is a random element at the start).
hahaha

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F

That would be true if Initiative did what you think it does.

A
addict
addict
A
I'm up for grabs between this and the armor system. I'm not sure which I hate more.

Just in case you weren't aware. Initiative does not work anything like DnD or the previous game. The thread linked explains it well with examples.

Basically, turn order via initiative only matters concerning who goes first and then it's round robbin from there.

journeyman
journeyman
The Initiative system changes are a blatant band-aid and a very frustrating one at that. It's clear this was some slapshod, last-minute decision because not only is it explained nowhere in the game but the numerous other mechanics don't even account for it; and the rest of the Initiative system is still broken (Units leaving combat can still cause multiple turns, setpiece/scripted combat turn skips still drop your turn instead of delaying you, etc) anyways!

I have to disagree with the OP, the Original Sin wasn't this awful new Initiative nonsense, it was making it difficult, if not impossible to fix.

The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
S
S

Last edited by Sotanaht; 01/10/17 07:14 AM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by GreatGuardsman
I have to disagree with the OP, the Original Sin wasn't this awful new Initiative nonsense, it was making it difficult, if not impossible to fix.

There's a huge patch coming, so maybe they have fixed it or will fix it.

Players around the web have been pretty vocal that they don't like it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard