Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
You have an entire spell school that's schizophrenic with arguably the worst 5th level spell in the game (hi Necromancy!) and a borked initiative system, and you think that nerfing rune slots, which weren't even a problem in the game, merits a hotfix?

Thanks for nerfing 2h weapons, especially staves. The rune slots were their saving grace compared to wands.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lebrucht
Originally Posted by vometia
I've no idea what this is about, but the forum software doesn't support hashtags, guys.

It's mean a lot of threads about bad armor system in the game.
It's mean that in first time need to rework this system.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=622818#Post622818
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=623974#Post623974
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=623429#Post623429
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=622310#Post622310
And much more.

#Larianreworkarmor

These armor complaints do not represent what everyone thinks, plenty people myself included appreciate the fact that CC and debuffs are no longer a random roll chance, but something that can be reliably planned both ways.

You can hashtag it all you like, trying to make it appear as some sort of social movement, but it's not.

Have a great day.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
The hashtag thing does seem to be a bit of a forced meme. Maybe I have a different opinion since I don't play on tactician, but my main problem with the armour is the lack of visual variety as the game progresses.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Gaidax

You can hashtag it all you like, trying to make it appear as some sort of social movement, but it's not.

Have a great day.

/social commentary on

Its extremely disingenous and reminds me of the entire special snowflake movement that are adult infants basically. If something isn't the way I like it, let me stomp my feet the loudest, create a hashtag, attempt to demonize it, whine and point fingers, and retreat to my safe space until its the way I like it. An entire generation of fully grown infants. Weep for our future...

/social commentary off

Originally Posted by Sotanaht
learn to buff instead of nerfing all the time, it makes things a LOT more fun to play.

Yes smile
we need buffs, not nerfs
for game difficulty (mainly mid and late game EZmod) (DoS EE problem too)
for mobs hp/armor (mid and late game) (DoS EE problem too)
for armor and CC system (DoS EE problem too)
for sorting system and UI (DoS EE problem too)
for some underpowered classes
for weapon types
for attributes (x dmg, x dmg, x dmg, HP, strange memory, wit)

Last edited by Roamer; 02/10/17 06:58 AM.

Game Quality Control

These armor complaints do not represent what everyone thinks, plenty people myself included appreciate the fact that CC and debuffs are no longer a random roll chance, but something that can be reliably planned both ways.

Everyone thinks smile

Once more for Everyone
Half of ingame CC and debuffs depends of accuracy RNG, sometimes of dmg or crit RNG (if ur spell can deal dmg and CC), some spells effects already have RNG (read tooltips: "may aply shocked") and other RNG conditions (water pools random appearence, stepping on ice, random autoteleportation, unpredicteble warriors rush even on flat terrain, unpredicteble possibility to TP on highground, to move on oil - it shows 2 ap but costs 3-5 and u cant shift-click to choose another way, etc.)

So what do u want? Same 100% permaCC like in DoS 1? with 1 exeption - spend few hits to shred gray and blue HP? and CC em to death!

Have a great day, everyone, who scares of dice rolls in tabletop RPG like DoS, scares of RNG fun and unpredicteble moments, and who likes armor system with no logic.

P.S. I bet, u didnt fully read the suggestions. U saw only RNG. Not that it solves some crossclass issues, late/mid game fights issues, some other stupied things and balance issues. And what u still could have the same CC system after shreding armor.

Last edited by Roamer; 02/10/17 08:38 AM.

Game Quality Control
E
stranger
stranger
E

Have a great day.

May I suggest a survey then? Do one in this Forum and ask 2 questions:

1. Do you like the new armor system? Yes / No

2. Do you think the new armor system punishes diversity in a party, in the sense that it doesnt make sense to have 2 magic damage dealers mixed with 2 Physical damage dealers?

Last edited by vometia; 05/10/17 06:21 AM. Reason: formatting
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard